Overload rework

Tom Hsiao.9705

I think overload shouldn’t only be centered around elementalist and make them vulnerable.. it should work like Scourge’s shade where it triggers around tempest and also another ring for desired location so tempest don’t have to jump in bunch of mobs to get beat on while channeling that overload... why 2 elite spec are both close combat?? This is so lame please fix it!

Mechanically, Overoads are fine.If anything, they just need buffs (in PvE only)> @Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

why 2 elite spec are both close combat?? This is so lame please fix it!Warrior and Engineer have two melee Elite specializations, too.The ones for Revenant and Mesmer ones are most effective in melee range, too.

But boon spamming and ground-targetted AoE Healing make the game practically a melee game in PvE anyway.And we all know that PvE is the only part that matters these days.

It's supposed to be risk vs reward. Make yourself vulnerable with a payoff if you succeed.

Doesn't really feel that way though. Like if you get every lightning strike off it might kill a mob, over a period of 10 seconds. Whoopdedoo other classes can do that in one one OR two button press in one tenth of the time.

And it's even worse in PvP. Just interrupt them or walk out lmao, there's a reason tempest is only used for heals and support.

@Fueki.4753 said:Mechanically, Overoads are fine.If anything, they just need buffs (in PvE only)> @Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

why 2 elite spec are both close combat?? This is so lame please fix it!Warrior and Engineer have two melee Elite specializations, too.The ones for Revenant and Mesmer ones are most effective in melee range, too.

I get it if warrior elite spec is melee.If you are playing warrior they are suppose to be melee anyways.(I find it strange if warrior is long range..)I did not expect mage to be melee range... who plays mage with the mind set of going melee range serious lol..

But boon spamming and ground-targetted AoE Healing make the game practically a melee game in PvE anyway.And we all know that PvE is the only part that matters these days.

I disagree with that regards... mesmer is still very superior with full range attack.They don't even need to get close to kill their target at all.I just wish they can do the same for elementalist instead of coming up with MORE melee builds & specs

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:I disagree with that regards... mesmer is still very superior with full range attack.They don't even need to get close to kill their target at all.Just because they are capable of killing from range doesn't mean it's optimal, when most party play basically is huddle together and boon each other up.

I just wish they can do the same for elementalist instead of coming up with MORE melee builds & specsI wish for a decent ranged weapon for Elementalist, too.But it's not realistic and an e-spec offering, for example, longbow would just be shoe-horned into melee combat due to the aforementioned stack-and-buff team play anyway.

The only under-tuned overload is fire. Air does minor damage, but dishes out a ton of vulnerability. Air overloading into a glyph of storms gives 25 vuln stacks to anyone sitting in it. Glyph of elemental power gives 25% extra damage.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlJwmYeMKGJWKTetNA-zRQYRUw1PBJUGFmAZWA2NLmbGB-e

For normal pve give this build a try. Water elite elemental bursts for a 6k heal and its on a 15s cooldown.Earth glyph of storms in a 10s aoe blind too. Another good option if standing in group of mobs.

Glyph of Elemental power gives +25% to each strikes, not to each skills.

Plus you can be sure fresh-air trait or fresh-air tempest will be nerf the next balance patch. See how many complaints there is in pvp, no matter how unpopular tempests are in AT compared to necro, fb ...Because it never finished to kill elem last most popular build.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Glyph of Elemental power gives +25% to each strikes, not to each skills.

Plus you can be sure fresh-air trait or fresh-air tempest will be nerf the next balance patch. See how many complaints there is in pvp, no matter how unpopular tempests are in AT compared to necro, fb ...Because it never finished to kill elem last most popular build.

I've been running a meme Fresh air tempest build with Dagger/warhorn berserkers (sometimes maruaders or demolishers) and climbed from silver (placement matches with bots = gg) to gold 2 over last two weeks. It has insane damage but can't last long in a 1vs1 unless the other player is dumb and fucks up. It was super easy to carry entire teams with it in silver and gold 1. I was getting top stats for everything except defense. Things have heated up since I entered Gold 2. I got hate messages from a power rev who ran into my lightning orb and died in one shot combo with air overload and shocking aura recently lmao and several people ask bro what are you running. One warrior complained that I wasn't healing the team lol... The community sees a new build without knowing what it is and suddenly it is OP and QQ nerf it. It's totally a meme build as any serious player should be able to dodge an orb and overload but people don't know ele mechanics (because the class is rarely played) and then start complaining the moment they die to an ele. I'll probably swap back to meta pure support tempest when I stop ranking up and hit the player base that uses a dodge button and knows that a slow floating orb of lighting hurts.

It's the same with fresh air. Most of the complains were from people who barely play ele and only knew they suddenly died so it's OP. It's always like this. Back in bunker meta days with lower CD on sword skills and twist of fate I remember a guy accused me of cheating because I was "evading" too many of his attacks... lol

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Glyph of Elemental power gives +25% to each strikes, not to each skills.

I hope not. Honestly, I don't really like ele without fresh air. Weaver is the only exception due to its far shorter attunement cooldowns and ability to only commit half-way to an attunement.