Need Help With Weaver PVE Build

NitezeFlare.1432

Just returned gw2 after a long break and looking for something fun to play. Honestly, I do not have much exp of theory crafting. I want to make an open world friendly build + may be fractal viable-ish build and here it http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwkYXsJmJOqSdvTA-zRpYMBZ0EEEXQJsRDC0NsyIzEIiCwhTiIsBmIb5zzK-e . Any criticism and suggestion are all welcome since I'm new to ele. Thx :P

Hi! Welcome back!

That build will work well for open world. However, if I may, I would suggest dropping the focus on healing. Rotating to water is going to be a dps loss outside of producing the tailored victory buff on weave self. It's necessary if you need to heal, but your healing capability is quite good enough at baseline, in my opinion. To illustrate the point, check out this quick clip of a 12k heal combo chain with 0 healing power:

Another issue with this build is that you're going to deal the vast majority of your damage from condi, but you're investing quite a bit in power stats. You'd be better off investing fully in condi and taking passive defense stats like toughness on your gear with this build. This will reduce the amount of healing you require as well, which will make it easier to focus on offense.

Check out this video of a champion avatar of Balthazar solo. I'm using dire gear and manage 15.8k dps for a 50s solo kill, but I never swap to water or use an active heal. Yet my health stays above 66% the entire fight because I'm passively tanky while also being evasive and generating a significant amount of barrier. If I were to run a more damage-oriented hybrid setup I would actually deal less damage because I'd be unable to play this aggressively.

I like your choices for fire traits. I would drop water for earth or arcane, however. I personally prefer arcane because final shielding is an excellent passive save for PvE and I like the play style with faster attunement swaps and evasive arcana. But earth gives a ton of passive defense along with better condi damage, which many players prefer. You can also consider air, but I would only do this for a power-forward hybrid version of this build that I don't think works as well. But that is a matter of preference.

If you want to stick with the healing concept, I would shift your focus a bit. Weaver does amazingly well with barrier. You could take stone resonance with bolstered elements, then load your bar with stances (except the heal signet because that is just an excellent heal for weaver!) and maybe even pick up weaver rune for insane amounts of barrier. You would be practically impossible to kill. The down side is, I think it's overkill for most situations and you'll kill your damage for no good reason.

Here's a video of a very difficult challenge involving 3 champions at once. It's very easy to get CC'd and bursted down in this encounter, so I've done part of what I suggested above by loading my bar with defensive stances and taking bolstered elements. This gives me 2 large sources of active barrier plus stability on stone resonance as well as the passive barrier on bolstered elements and small barrier generation on every stance activation. With Twist of Fate I also have 2 active stun breaks in addition to the passive stun break from final shielding. Even without running healing power or weaver rune it's extremely difficult to die with this setup!

This is the build I use most of the time: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlRmFQvJgDzSVSbA-e

It's fine.

Woven strike + cleansing water is a strong synergy but in your build you don't really have switness so it's a bit useless.About persisting flames; same you don't really have power plus none of your fire field pulse Burning (or take Focus instead of x/dagger). Pyromancer's puissance, even If I don't really like the gimmick, should be more interesting.

About fractals, if you want to go really high you should try to gradually remove healingpower/vitality/toughness and Water spec.

@NitezeFlare.1432 said:@AliamRationem.5172 That was a lot of effort and input, thank you so much.@Zhaid Zhem.6508 Initially I was thinking whenever I attune to air, I will have an option to lose conditions that way. What is the give and take for taking focus vs dagger offhand?

Focus is more of a defensive weapon while dagger is more damage oriented. However, dagger is power based so it's not a great choice if you run condi.

@AliamRationem.5172 One last question, is there any rotation pattern to follow? I know it's more minor in pve setting but I'd like to know the proper way. In your videos, I've not seen you attuned much in double same element whereas snowcrows reference are mainly for maximum output for raids....so it'd be great if you have some tips for me XD thx!

@NitezeFlare.1432 said:@AliamRationem.5172 One last question, is there any rotation pattern to follow? I know it's more minor in pve setting but I'd like to know the proper way. In your videos, I've not seen you attuned much in double same element whereas snowcrows reference are mainly for maximum output for raids....so it'd be great if you have some tips for me XD thx!

I don't practice rotations. I just play! I try to use fire/fire a little bit with primordial stance to stack more burning. So it's common to see me use something like fire/air to open, into fire/fire with primordial stance, into earth/fire for lava skin, fire/earth, air/fire, etc. The basic idea is I'm trying to avoid rotating into attunements that have important skills on cooldown while also trying to remain partially in fire attunement to focus on burning.

I avoid air/air because it's all power damage and I'm running pure condi gear. Water is a damage loss except maybe to proc tailored victory from weave self, so I stay away from that as well unless I require healing or CC. Earth/earth has good bleeds on it, but I usually just ignore that and go for more burning (which may be a mistake? I'm not really sure.).

Hi,

It is not my intention to hijack this thread, but I do have a relevant question regarding pve Weavers. Rather than create a new thread though, I figured I would ask it here. It may even help the original poster, I don't know.

Anyways, I was wondering if perhaps Celestial armor with Balth runes would be an efficient way to play a hybrid power/condi Weaver. Specifically sword/dagger or sword/focus in your face type Weaver as opposed to Dire and/or Dire/Trailblazers. I have a set of Cele ascended already and if it would work just as well, better, or maybe slightly worse, then I would probably just use that rather than spend the resources required for ascended Dire/Trailblazer and S3/S4 trinkets. (I have a full set of Cele trinks as well.)

Also, I would like to be able to use a staff for events or whatever as I spent a lot of time and effort making Bifrost and I'd like for it to have a place. Granted, I use the staff on my marauder Tempest build along with scepter/warhorn for a more power-based ranged fighter.

-Jenny

@NitezeFlare.1432 said:@AliamRationem.5172 As a matter of fact, my mechanics are still pretty kitten at this game. Do you think you can record a solo vid vs Ghostly Justicia Hablion in Bloodstone Fen, cause personally I think it's a mission impossible XDD The most damage I could deal was 5% of his health then I always die unsurprisingly haha

The problem with soloing that guy is the final phase where he drops those spreading blue circles. They're very difficult to see and if they touch you, you get teleported out of range, causing the boss to reset for lack of a target. I don't think he's much of a threat otherwise. I was able to hang in there indefinitely against the boss blitz version of him at the recent festival. It was just a waste of time because sooner or later I'd slip up and get teleported, resetting the fight!

@Jenny.4831 said:Hi,

It is not my intention to hijack this thread, but I do have a relevant question regarding pve Weavers. Rather than create a new thread though, I figured I would ask it here. It may even help the original poster, I don't know.

Anyways, I was wondering if perhaps Celestial armor with Balth runes would be an efficient way to play a hybrid power/condi Weaver. Specifically sword/dagger or sword/focus in your face type Weaver as opposed to Dire and/or Dire/Trailblazers. I have a set of Cele ascended already and if it would work just as well, better, or maybe slightly worse, then I would probably just use that rather than spend the resources required for ascended Dire/Trailblazer and S3/S4 trinkets. (I have a full set of Cele trinks as well.)

Also, I would like to be able to use a staff for events or whatever as I spent a lot of time and effort making Bifrost and I'd like for it to have a place. Granted, I use the staff on my marauder Tempest build along with scepter/warhorn for a more power-based ranged fighter.

-Jenny

Cele is terrible in pve and hybrid builds on ele have nearly exact same gameplay as full power or full condi build, but they have worse performance so there's no reason to use them in pve. You can stat swap ascended gear and you can easily buy exotic gear for open world. Ascended trinkets are easy to get with living season currency, guild commendations or laurels.

Staff is pretty bad nowadays, but it's good enough to tag easy events with lots of mobs. Sc/wh has much better damage overall, on both condi and power builds.