Mirage Build Question

Seven.3916

Im a returning player been at lest 2 years since iv been on the game. Was looking at making a mesmer charr and go Mirage. I was trying to find a build thats for open world solo kinda thing. I dont do PvP stuff. Never have. I dont have a ton of people i know that play so 90% of the time im solo playing. Trying to find a good build that can work with my playstyle and also not struggle in solo play.

would be a good style to tell us your playstyle ?1 tell us if you are open to playing mirage only, or if you can play core/chrono too.2 tell us what content you are interested the most, build that works in open world might not work in fractals/raids3 tell us your general playstyle4 tell us if you have gear5 tell us if you prefer condition damage or power damagethen we can whip something out for you, if you avoid pvp/wvw you can make all manners of builds possible since pve content is easy so im fairly sure we can figure something out.

Runes of tormenting are for huge passive healing. Your main source of damage is torment, so who cares? You can take some carrion or sinister pieces, but I would recommend full viper.My personal Mirage Build— Sword instead of pistol because it still has good CC and phantasm (5) deal more damage + grant you might. This build does not support pistol. Chaos traitline provides a lot of boons.Closer to meta Dueling/IllusionsMy old Dueling/Chaos— It's just like first build, but focused on pistol.

i have a new question, im going off this build https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Condi_Mirage as best i can i cant get ascended stuff. So i got the dire set as recommended. I cant afford everything but iv gotten everything i can so far. iv gotten the armor, weapons , amulet and rings(curently trying to get the accerys at a lower price so dont have thous yet as dire yet).i went to a PoF area and fought some mobs i survived easy enough but my damage was so terrably slow.... is it ment to be that slow >.> My soulbeast has a coni build too but i can kill stuff with little issue and it not take that long. usually shredding stuff pretty well. I dont have access yet to mirage as i havnt got the points to unlock everything yet. Trying to figure out what im doing wrong with mesmer.... all my gear is exotic.

@"Seven.3916" said:i have a new question, im going off this build https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Condi_Mirage as best i can i cant get ascended stuff. So i got the dire set as recommended. I cant afford everything but iv gotten everything i can so far. iv gotten the armor, weapons , amulet and rings(curently trying to get the accerys at a lower price so dont have thous yet as dire yet).i went to a PoF area and fought some mobs i survived easy enough but my damage was so terrably slow.... is it ment to be that slow >.> My soulbeast has a coni build too but i can kill stuff with little issue and it not take that long. usually shredding stuff pretty well. I dont have access yet to mirage as i havnt got the points to unlock everything yet. Trying to figure out what im doing wrong with mesmer.... all my gear is exotic.

Toughness, vitality and healing power in open world are wasted stats.

14k hp is already enough health.

just run full viper and rely on evades and clones, you can run staff and axe/torch-pistol.

And if you keep dying it means you are doing something not meant to be soloed.

• 3 weeks later...

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"Seven.3916" said:i have a new question, im going off this build
as best i can i cant get ascended stuff. So i got the dire set as recommended. I cant afford everything but iv gotten everything i can so far. iv gotten the armor, weapons , amulet and rings(curently trying to get the accerys at a lower price so dont have thous yet as dire yet).i went to a PoF area and fought some mobs i survived easy enough but my damage was so terrably slow.... is it ment to be that slow >.> My soulbeast has a coni build too but i can kill stuff with little issue and it not take that long. usually shredding stuff pretty well. I dont have access yet to mirage as i havnt got the points to unlock everything yet. Trying to figure out what im doing wrong with mesmer.... all my gear is exotic.

just run full viper and rely on evades and clones, you can run staff and axe/torch-pistol.

That is just flat out wrong. No idea why you would even say that.

Yes Viper does more damage, but Trailblazer Mirage with Staff is unkillable. I'm currently using Exotic Trailblazer Armor and only 1 ascended trinket, rest is still dire. On Trash I use Axe/Torch and literally can't die because of Tormenting Runes.

For anything tough I switch to Staff. I felt pretty squishy before using this build in some situations, now I only go down if I mess up badly or if I'm just surrounded by ranged mobs.

I've been using this build http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAc+ZlRwQYSMMmJW0P6vOA-zRJYkRHfZkTKkZF49sUl0G-e

If someone just wants to do Solo Open World content without dying this is 100% the build to go for. It is very forgiving in most content.

If you're in a zerg or meta-farm group, just swap out Axe/Torch for a GS with a Superior Sigil of Stamins, press V every 2 seconds and spam skill 1 to tag mobs. That fixes any issues one might have with tagging mobs in large zergs.

Thanks for the help on the builds that were linked. I did end up finding a set up that works for me. Using Vipers for the most part, still have some parts to replace, and Axe/sword as my main weapons. i swap my off hand between GS and staff(if needed) so i have a ranged option when needed. Not a big fan of the staff other than its survivality. I just like the damage better the Axe/x gives :U Took a bit to get the Tormenting ruins :| there pricey........... but useful.

@Raikao.4130 said:

@"Seven.3916" said:i have a new question, im going off this build
as best i can i cant get ascended stuff. So i got the dire set as recommended. I cant afford everything but iv gotten everything i can so far. iv gotten the armor, weapons , amulet and rings(curently trying to get the accerys at a lower price so dont have thous yet as dire yet).i went to a PoF area and fought some mobs i survived easy enough but my damage was so terrably slow.... is it ment to be that slow >.> My soulbeast has a coni build too but i can kill stuff with little issue and it not take that long. usually shredding stuff pretty well. I dont have access yet to mirage as i havnt got the points to unlock everything yet. Trying to figure out what im doing wrong with mesmer.... all my gear is exotic.

That is just flat out wrong. No idea why you would even say that.

Yes Viper does more damage, but Trailblazer Mirage with Staff is unkillable. I'm currently using Exotic Trailblazer Armor and only 1 ascended trinket, rest is still dire. On Trash I use Axe/Torch and literally can't die because of Tormenting Runes.

For anything tough I switch to Staff. I felt pretty squishy before using this build in some situations, now I only go down if I mess up badly or if I'm just surrounded by ranged mobs.

I've been using this build

If someone just wants to do Solo Open World content without dying this is 100% the build to go for. It is very forgiving in most content.

If you're in a zerg or meta-farm group, just swap out Axe/Torch for a GS with a Superior Sigil of Stamins, press V every 2 seconds and spam skill 1 to tag mobs. That fixes any issues one might have with tagging mobs in large zergs.

In solo play you can't play fully offensive the way you can with support. Passive defense stats allow players to play more aggressively. For this reason, builds with exceptional sustain and weak power contribution (such as cmirage) can actually produce better damage in solo play by dropping power stats in favor of passive defense.

For example, I can defeat the mushroom queen hero challenge in Tangled Depths in either viper or trailblazer stats using axe/torch staff cmirage, but because I can spend a lot more time dealing damage in axe rather than kiting with staff in the tankier Trailblazer stats, I actually complete the challenge in less time this way. Not to mention having a much cleaner kill!