PvP unplayable even during prime time

felix.2386

Now every match for me, i've seen none of the players ever for straight 1 week now and my team gets completely rolled because they don't understand how to dodge as silverwhile enemies are most likely gold and all running tankie cheesewhile i'm plat 2 being completely unable to carry anything.and have to lose 16 points every single match even if i almost dropped to gold and it's still -15

gotta love it when you almost dropped to gold you still lose -15 per match with completely random that you never see and never pvp.

amazing population right there for a friday night

@felix.2386 said:while enemies are most likely gold and all running tankie cheese

This is true and most people don't like this

and have to lose 16 points every single match even if i almost dropped to gold and it's still -15

This is also true, and almost everyone doesn't like this. Happens to everyone above like ~g2/g1. The population is low so you get matched with lower rated players and therefore lose more/gain less because the only thing that decides how much you win or lose at the end is who you're matched with.

In tandem(or either on their own really) they cause more people to leave, which only makes the latter problem even worse.

Balance patches, rolling back to feb 24th, or EoD will hopefully fix one problemThe other would require adding in more things that make rating gain less RNG.Just an example would be rating being more generous and forgiving if you actually contributed something in your role, and adding/taking away more if you chain wins/losses together.

Most other 5v5 arena games already do this even if they started out RNG-only.

@felix.2386 said:Now every match for me, i've seen none of the players ever for straight 1 week now and my team gets completely rolled because they don't understand how to dodge as silverwhile enemies are most likely gold and all running tankie cheesewhile i'm plat 2 being completely unable to carry anything.and have to lose 16 points every single match even if i almost dropped to gold and it's still -15

gotta love it when you almost dropped to gold you still lose -15 per match with completely random that you never see and never pvp.

Yea I'm pretty much ready to quit. Was plat most of this season so far, 1580 at the highest, rank 43

Out of nowhere I started getting matches where it was literally me and 4 golds vs 5 plat players. This happened over and over until I was knocked down into gold, where it actually continued except it started matching me with lower gold players. I am now at ~1460 getting matched with silvers still sometimes against the same players I was matched with and against at high p1 rating. I no longer see the p2 players -- who, for what it's worth, I held my own against fine and have even carried and won games against multiple top 10 players. After a WINNING record against all p1 and p2 players for weeks, suddenly I am on the equivalent of an 8-10 game losing streak. I don't think I have out of nowhere lost my ability to play.

I can't for the life of me carry most of the games I'm getting matched in right now. At the start of the game, more than 70% of the time, 2-3 of my team mates will die in under 5 seconds fighting for mid. I don't really understand the matchmaking system but my instinct says it's still counting me as a ~p2 player and to make up for that giving me incredibly low rank players as team mates and matching vs an on average higher caliber team.

Problem is, the difference in tier is so overwhelming, that even 4 g2 players vs 4 g3 players is a no-contest match.

I also see players I'm used to seeing in plat at gold fighting a similar struggle, so it's not just me.

I don't really give a shit what my rank is. My problem is that it's not fun to play a match where every player in the game is at a completely lower caliber of play. Those games are just not fun, win or lose. I want to be able to play against players who are of my skill level, not be winning 1v2's and 1v3's and getting every award and it not even mattering in the outcome of the game.

My assumption is ultimately the pendulum will swing the other way and I'll dominate for 10-15 games in a row and climb back into plat, but what kind of a system is it where you can ping pong like this even after ~200 games?

@Majy.6792 said:

@felix.2386 said:My assumption is ultimately the pendulum will swing the other way and I'll dominate for 10-15 games in a row and climb back into plat, but what kind of a system is it where you can ping pong like this even after ~200 games?

It's not just you, it also happens to me and all my friends. We'll get to high plat1/2, then go on losing streaks all the way to nearly gold2. It's actually absurd that the ranking system can allow you to drop from plat1 to gold3 AT ALL(You can't do this in league of legends unless you lose a TON of games in a row). The difference between a gold3 and plat1 player is astronomical, all that ends up happening is you get completely uncarryable games that are zero fun for everyone involved until you luck out and get 15 wins in a row and go back to high plat1/2...

It's really awful, and it's worse on weekends.

@Majy.6792 said:

@felix.2386 said:Now every match for me, i've seen none of the players ever for straight 1 week now and my team gets completely rolled because they don't understand how to dodge as silverwhile enemies are most likely gold and all running tankie cheesewhile i'm plat 2 being completely unable to carry anything.and have to lose 16 points every single match even if i almost dropped to gold and it's still -15

Yea I'm pretty much ready to quit. Was plat most of this season so far, 1580 at the highest, rank 43

Out of nowhere I started getting matches where it was literally me and 4 golds vs 5 plat players. This happened over and over until I was knocked down into gold, where it actually continued except it started matching me with lower gold players. I am now at ~1460 getting matched with silvers still sometimes against the same players I was matched with and against at high p1 rating. I no longer see the p2 players -- who, for what it's worth, I held my own against fine and have even carried and won games against multiple top 10 players. After a WINNING record against all p1 and p2 players for weeks, suddenly I am on the equivalent of an 8-10 game losing streak. I don't think I have out of nowhere lost my ability to play.

I can't for the life of me carry most of the games I'm getting matched in right now. At the start of the game, more than 70% of the time, 2-3 of my team mates will die in under 5 seconds fighting for mid. I don't really understand the matchmaking system but my instinct says it's still counting me as a ~p2 player and to make up for that giving me incredibly low rank players as team mates and matching vs an on average higher caliber team.

Problem is, the difference in tier is so overwhelming, that even 4 g2 players vs 4 g3 players is a no-contest match.

I also see players I'm used to seeing in plat at gold fighting a similar struggle, so it's not just me.

I don't really give a kitten what my rank is. My problem is that it's not fun to play a match where every player in the game is at a completely lower caliber of play. Those games are just not fun, win or lose. I want to be able to play against players who are of my skill level, not be winning 1v2's and 1v3's and getting every award and it not even mattering in the outcome of the game.

My assumption is ultimately the pendulum will swing the other way and I'll dominate for 10-15 games in a row and climb back into plat, but what kind of a system is it where you can ping pong like this even after ~200 games?

Actually the difference between gold 2 and plat 1 players is incredible small

@Tharan.9085 said:

I don't really give a kitten what my rank is. My problem is that it's not fun to play a match where every player in the game is at a completely lower caliber of play. Those games are just not fun, win or lose. I want to be able to play against players who are of my skill level, not be winning 1v2's and 1v3's and getting every award and it not even mattering in the outcome of the game.

Having played in both tiers I disagree very much. Gold 2 players make constant map awareness mistakes and generally have a low mastery level of their class. Plat 1 players tend to have higher mastery of their class and generally strong map awareness, though the main difference between a p1 and p2+ player is map awareness and rotational awareness.

@Majy.6792 said:

Having played in both tiers I disagree very much. Gold 2 players make constant map awareness mistakes and generally have a low mastery level of their class. Plat 1 players tend to have higher mastery of their class and generally strong map awareness, though the main difference between a p1 and p2+ player is map awareness and rotational awareness.

well g2 is just above beginner lvl but as a higher lvl player you should farm p1 or g2 just as fast

@DonNee.5128 said:

@"felix.2386" said:Now every match for me, i've seen none of the players ever for straight 1 week now and my team gets completely rolled because they don't understand how to dodge as silverwhile enemies are most likely gold and all running tankie cheesewhile i'm plat 2 being completely unable to carry anything.and have to lose 16 points every single match even if i almost dropped to gold and it's still -15

well g2 is just above beginner lvl but as a higher lvl player you should farm p1 or g2 just as fast

idk what you mean by "farm", there are plenty of players in p1 who are better than anyone in top 10 currently. Plat and above has the best players in the game on NA. Gold and below is a significant dropoff of skill, gold 3 arguably has some great players, but by the time you are at g2 there is a very large skill difference.

In any case, I just played a game in gold where 3 of my 5 team mates did not even know what tranq was. I then promptly uninstalled. GL gw2, was fun while it lasted.

@Majy.6792 said:

@"felix.2386" said:Now every match for me, i've seen none of the players ever for straight 1 week now and my team gets completely rolled because they don't understand how to dodge as silverwhile enemies are most likely gold and all running tankie cheesewhile i'm plat 2 being completely unable to carry anything.and have to lose 16 points every single match even if i almost dropped to gold and it's still -15

idk what you mean by "farm", there are plenty of players in p1 who are better than anyone in top 10 currently. Plat and above has the best players in the game on NA. Gold and below is a significant dropoff of skill, gold 3 arguably has some great players, but by the time you are at g2 there is a very large skill difference.

In any case, I just played a game in gold where 3 of my 5 team mates did not even know what tranq was. I then promptly uninstalled. GL gw2, was fun while it lasted.

as in you win every single and out rotate lower lvl players every single timei got g3 in my first pvp season ever and p1 after, id say this is entry lvl pvp and the difference is very minorand i play on na too ive seen nothing but high lvl players farming low plats every single game

@Majy.6792 said:

Having memed myself to plat on my alt with axe/axe sword/mace core warrior I can say that g2 and p1 have absolutely no understanding of the game

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@felix.2386 said:My assumption is ultimately the pendulum will swing the other way and I'll dominate for 10-15 games in a row and climb back into plat, but what kind of a system is it where you can ping pong like this even after ~200 games?

It's not just you, it also happens to me and all my friends. We'll get to high plat1/2, then go on losing streaks all the way to nearly gold2. It's actually absurd that the ranking system can allow you to drop from plat1 to gold3 AT ALL(You can't do this in league of legends unless you lose a TON of games in a row). The difference between a gold3 and plat1 player is astronomical, all that ends up happening is you get completely uncarryable games that are zero fun for everyone involved until you luck out and get 15 wins in a row and go back to high plat1/2...

Didndt you think u are mayne a gold2 player instead of a plat2 player so the system is putting u higher isntead of lower?

@Tharan.9085 said:

lol dude, gold 2 players are basically bots and plat 1 most at least knows mechanic with cheese builds(excluding good soloq player with skillful build)

@lare.5129 said:relax and get pleasure. You can't always wins.

i'm not asking always wins, but i'm asking acceptable level of fair fight.when there's literally no way to win match, while you hold 1v2 for 1 mins and your team can't cap a single point or wins every fight you are in and still end up getting -16, every time, over and over again.you get frustrated.

@Majy.6792 said:

Eh I dunno about that. Things are starting to get weird. I see usual plat 2 players, like actual real plat 2 players going on bad streaks being set into g2'ish, and then I see completely inept random pve players come in and ride a win streak of great match making being carried into damn near p2.

So whatever you want to chalk that up to, that is happening and things are starting to not make much sense in ranked.

@felix.2386 said:

lol dude, gold 2 players are basically bots and plat 1 most at least knows mechanic with cheese builds(excluding good soloq player with skillful build)

There are also bots in plat 1, the difference is really barely existing.

@wevh.2903 said:

Didndt you think u are mayne a gold2 player instead of a plat2 player so the system is putting u higher isntead of lower?

No, my friends are also top 100 consistently every season and get dragged down to gold3/2 regardless of who they queue with(even solo).

Nice blatant condescending attempt at flaming, though.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Eh I dunno about that. Things are starting to get weird. I see usual plat 2 players, like actual real plat 2 players going on bad streaks being set into g2'ish, and then I see completely inept random pve players come in and ride a win streak of great match making being carried into kitten near p2.

So whatever you want to chalk that up to, that is happening and things are starting to not make much sense in ranked.

That's due to transactions between players.

If you look at the leaderboards, you can see how people have legit just 1 to 3 rating pts differential at most. It's likely nobody is playing because they care about the rating that much, so you end up paired with everything else below no matter.

Just play to play at this rate, games tend get so weird when you're basically winning every fights by yourself in a team but somehow the map is never in your favor unless you're farming spawn.

I have theory that the matchmaker got bugged up and the MMR values people get are the values from the off season, Remember how at the start the conquest was bugged and used the 2v2 rules. So the conquest MMR might have been kinda reset or overlapped and if you didn't give too much crap about the off season and just memed around and played for fun well tough luck.

@"Shao.7236" said:If you look at the leaderboards, you can see how people have legit just 1 to 3 rating pts differential at most. It's likely nobody is playing because they care about the rating that much, so you end up paired with everything else below no matter.

Just play to play at this rate, games tend get so weird when you're basically winning every fights by yourself in a team but somehow the map is never in your favor unless you're farming spawn.

The top players intentionally tell each other when they queue so they do not fight each other.

If you're looking at the leaderboard, take a look at the 90-95% win rates in the top 10. That's literally not how a top leaderboard looks in ANY other 5v5 randoms vs randoms game. The best players in the world in League sit at 90-95% win rates in low ratings, but in masters they do not sit at 90-95% win rates. People in ranked are literally boosting their way to rank1, while in a game like league, the best players can boost themselves through lower ranks, but at the top they don't.

Anet should remove the leaderboard at this point, as it only does more harm than good. You would most certainly get better games if there was no leaderboard to look at for people to try to """compete""" for top 20 in.

Also, titles need to work like off seasons where top 250 = a title, no other titles from rank1, top 5, etc. Doing this change would also create a much better matchmaking experience for everyone involved.