Speculate about Rune of the Firebrand

Brutaly.6257

I assume there will be a rune for FB and the question is what stats and final effect they have.

I assume rune no 1, 3 and 5 will add condition damage.For the rest one can only speculate but why not vitality or boon duration for rune 2 and 4.For the last one some sort of boon when using a mantra.Likely protection (FB lack protection) or swiftness. Quickness or quickness duration is also likely.

If santa arrives early barrier would be such a huge save by anet, but very unlikely.

Anyone else up for a guessing game?

Considering the other profession's runes, It would have to be related to quickness. The current runes that give quickness have pretty terrible requirements, so this could be a more reliable/useful source. Its also likely that the rune won't be too tailored to FB, as many other classes can take advantage of different profession runes, Scrapper the biggest, but even my Warrior uses Guardian runes to effect.

I think it will be tied to the mantras which would benefit and buff mesmer mantras as well.

Pretty much how DH runes are designed, letting ranger/thief benefit from them as well.

Might be condi cleanse.

It might also tied to aegis since the amount of aegis FB can deal make it suitable for the 6th rune.

The minor grandmaster trait for firebrand gives stats when you've got quickness, right? Condi damage, toughness, and healing power, I think? It's possible the rune will buff Condi damage, then one of the other two stats.

The rank 6 could be a specific buff to quickness duration, but I feel like a triggered effect that applies quickness is more likely, instead.

@Brutaly.6257 said:I think it will be tied to the mantras which would benefit and buff mesmer mantras as well.

Pretty much how DH runes are designed, letting ranger/thief benefit from them as well.

Might be condi cleanse.

It might also tied to aegis since the amount of aegis FB can deal make it suitable for the 6th rune.

I hope it is condition cleanse or something cool like aegis can now stop unblockable attacks on the 6th rune.

@Ragnarox.9601 said:(1): +50 condition damage(2): +5% Quickness duration(3): +100 healing power(4): +on hit quickness for 3 sec (30 sec cd) + protection for 6 sec (45 sec cd)(5): +150 condition dmg(6): +25% Movement Speed + 50 condition dmg and healing power + 15% quickness duration

That would a wet dream tbh.

Firebrand(1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): +20% Quickness Duration; when you use an elite skill, inflict burning on nearby enemies. (Cooldown: 45s)

such a disappointment. (this rune is actually good for chrono + no movement trait again, i thought they might need us something for mantras - using mantras give swiftness or 25% movement, but this- meh)

@Brutaly.6257 said:

@Ragnarox.9601 said:(1): +50 condition damage(2): +5% Quickness duration(3): +100 healing power(4): +on hit quickness for 3 sec (30 sec cd) + protection for 6 sec (45 sec cd)(5): +150 condition dmg(6): +25% Movement Speed + 50 condition dmg and healing power + 15% quickness duration

That would a wet dream tbh.

That's also an overloaded rune.

@Ragnarox.9601 said:Firebrand(1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): +20% Quickness Duration; when you use an elite skill, inflict burning on nearby enemies. (Cooldown: 45s)

such a disappointment. (this rune is actually good for chrono + no movement trait again, i thought they might need us something for mantras - using mantras give swiftness or 25% movement, but this- meh)

While it could have been more damage oriented, these are a nice collection ... we got lots of boons and this also increases duration on Quickness. Is this the official released stats?

It's the ones that got put up on the wiki, so probably!

Also, that's kind of an amazing setup for a condi/support Firebrand. I remember seeing speculation that you could get perma quickness with around 38% boon duration? Not quite sure how they got to it, since it was a comment in a reddit thread a while back, but if it's true and that was all we needed in terms of boon duration in runes alone... That opens up a lot of freedom for builds.

@PaperBishop.1574 said:I remember seeing speculation that you could get perma quickness with around 38% boon duration? Not quite sure how they got to it, since it was a comment in a reddit thread a while back, but if it's true and that was all we needed in terms of boon duration in runes alone..

You can maintain perma-quickness with only 31% boon duration, which is covered with just a Sigil of Concentration. That number gets lower if you have alacrity and/or Pure of Voice. I also assume that Stand your Ground is bugged currently and won't provide 10s of quickness on live (otherwise you can do perma-quickness with no boon duration).

The skills used are:Heal: Mantra of SolaceUtility: Mantra of PotenceElite: Feel my Wrath

You use 1 charge of MoS every 12s. Feel my Wrath on cooldown. Mantra of Potence is used fully (all 3 charges), putting it on cooldown. Of course, that means you will have to recast it every 25s, which is a 1.3s dps downtime, but I believe you will still be ahead by using a full condi build (stats, runes, foods, everything) with only a Sigil of Concentration, instead of sacrificing your runes or gear for boon duration/concentration.

Archived