What new Weapon do you want for new E-Spec

InsaneQR.7412

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I am so happy that Ranger got Staff and Dagger as they are two of my favorite weapon types, so the rest don't matter to me as much. Personally, I would love a scepter. I love the nature magic aspect of Ranger and although Druid focused a lot on that, I think it would be cool if they made it more of an offensive skirmshing caster-like weapon in order to distinguish it from Druid. Aside from that, I think shield or offhand sword would be my next choices. Anything but pistol and rifle really; I don't want those.

HuntsmanHas 3 active pets of the same type (33 % reduced stats each, commands like f2 apply to all pets).

Rifle:1: Wounding Shot - Adds a 'wounded' debuff (10s) that gets consumed by succeful pet hits making them deal 50% more damage.2: Interruppting Shot - Dazes the target for 1 second and adds 5 stacks of 'wounded'.3: Reposition - Stealth for 2 seconds charging forward in a straight line.4: Blow out - Knocks down the target for 1 second for each of your pets next to the target (300 range).5: Warning Shot - Shoot the ground at target position making enemies in 400 AoE flee from there in fear.

I would totally play this with 3 pigs.

Please no rifle..Ranger already have sniping weapon which is LB, so Rifle is redundant and add nothing to ranger.

Shield doesn't fit ranger at all too... Donnu why people want that.Make off-hand dagger more defensive (buff dagger in general) and call it a day so we don't need shield..

I wish ranger gets double pistol because it really fits the idea of rogue-like class.Make it a mid range aoe weapon that focus on mobility and aoe.600 range, hit up to 5 targets in an arc (Like Guardian's staff), doing slightly higher damage than axe, with lots of evasive and teleport build in.Before you say anything, no, thief's p/p is not mobile and focus on single target, so this p/p will differentiate from thief.

If Rifle came to Ranger, it would obviously fulfill the midrange direct damage. With it's damage being balanced like the engie rifle.

I voted for off-hand sword, mostly cause I love the look of double sword. I'd be happy with a more commando style rifle weapon though. And since we'll have pets, I'm hoping we'll get some new mechanic. (tracking ammunition, which allows your pet to see a target through stealth, and inflict reveal on hit, allowing you to see him too. So once you mark your target, your pet will never lose his scent, seems pretty fun)

@Loboling.5293 said:If Rifle came to Ranger, it would obviously fulfill the midrange direct damage. With it's damage being balanced like the engie rifle.I don't see the point of adding a mid-range direct damage set when you can just use a LB for that too, particularly when both other medium professions have a rifle and even more so if it was balanced like the engi rifle.

****> @Ramethzero.3785 said:

Bunny thumper!

I personally dont understand why all jumping on the nostalgia train with hammer.I took shield because it could provide a more CC and defence oriented OH something we do not have (maybe axe OH but thats rather an offensive weapon in melee and only defensive against range).A mace could be something very interesting too. A melee offensive CC MH and a defensive one in the OH for example. Also scepter focus could these too as new iterations. A melee scepter would be something new.

Hammer could provide some of these things too but i rather would have MH/OH weapons than two handed ones, because you could mix and match more weapon combinations.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:I don't see the point of adding a mid-range direct damage set when you can just use a LB for that too, particularly when both other medium professions have a rifle and even more so if it was balanced like the engi rifle.

450-600 range conical blasts featuring burning, blind and cc. Ranger doesn't have a weapon like that as all of its ranged offerings are pretty linear.

@Ghotistyx.6942 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:I don't see the point of adding a mid-range direct damage set when you can just use a LB for that too, particularly when both other medium professions have a rifle and even more so if it was balanced like the engi rifle.

450-600 range conical blasts featuring burning, blind and cc. Ranger doesn't have a weapon like that as all of its ranged offerings are pretty linear.

I can't see it happening as it doesn't fit thematically (this again) and since they nerfed Guardian Staff to 300 range, I can't see them making a shotgun spec with any more range than that, which would make it pretty pointless really.

I think shield would be an amazing addition just to have that change in playstyle choice for the ranger.

Otherwise (and I've always thought this), it'd be nice to see spear (or trident) be made available as a land weapon for all classes. I would absolutely love to see warriors with spear/shield or rangers with spear/axe or interesting combos such as that.

Archived