Preorder Expansion: End of Dragon

Roche.7491

Personally the digital extras that come from expansions from Anet have always seemed weak sauce and not really worth spending money on the best of the best version. I mean we didnt even get a character slot in one even though they gave us revenant in that one then they actually caved to add it in later. Adding gems to it makes it even worse since its only there to bump the price up higher. Otherwise most the rest is things I really dont care about enough to pay more for.

@Head Kracker.4790 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Maxed out with what? The extra goodies are often something you can only get via the pre-order.Such as: Exclusive Title, access to Beta weekends, Exclusive Mini-pet, etc.

Maxed out might mean character slots I imagine, but otherwise different things float peoples boats more than others.

Meaning maxed out main character:Equipment TabBuild TemplateStorage Build TabBag StorageBank StorageCharacter SlotArmistice PassRecharging teleportWorld boss portal

@Roche.7491 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Maxed out with what? The extra goodies are often something you can only get via the pre-order.Such as: Exclusive Title, access to Beta weekends, Exclusive Mini-pet, etc.

Maxed out might mean character slots I imagine, but otherwise different things float peoples boats more than others.

Meaning maxed out main character:Equipment TabBuild TemplateStorage Build TabBag StorageBank StorageCharacter SlotArmistice PassRecharging teleportWorld boss portalDervish & Dreamwalker skins

Dunno what more do we get from preorder/ultimate edition

they can atleast increase the maximum shared inventory slots from 24 to 30? (or whatever number they deem, i can't really see a pattern) they've been increasing the max every expansion so far

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

Releasedate: when it is ready.Arenanet has reorganised and changed the development pace so often it is hard to say how and when the current season will end and when sale start for the next x-pac. There is nothing to go on as a pattern and things has changed a lot at the studio since the last x-pac release as well.

I would not expect too much of a pre order bonus. Most likely a miniature, a title and a weaponskin you can get anyways.

As for the digital deluxe version I would expect an exclusive trading hub, an outfit, a few boosters, a few gems and some specific EoD stuff.

@Trise.2865 said:Never preorder. Anything. Why would you buy a product that doesn't exist?

If it gets to the point where I'm certain I want to buy it as soon as it comes out and a pre-order option is available I may as well take it. Especially if it means I get some bonus items as a result.

I completely agree that everyone should make an informed decision about what they're buying, but that doesn't have to mean waiting until after it's released. Especially for an expansion pack to an existing game, since we already know how the base game works it's easier to understand how the expansion will fit in and what impact it will have, so it's easier to work out if it's something you want to play.

If Anet offered the chance to pre-order End of Dragons today I wouldn't do it, because we know almost nothing about it. But I'm sure we'll get more info before they offer pre-orders and that's when I'll decide if I'm going to get it or not. If it reaches the point where I'm certain I want it I don't see any reason to wait to buy it. (Unless of course I want it but think it's absurdly over-pried, then I'll wait for a sale - but again it's an expansion, not a new game, so I can be reasonably sure the price will be comparable to previous expansions.)

@"Danikat.8537" said:(Unless of course I want it but think it's absurdly over-pried, then I'll wait for a sale - but again it's an expansion, not a new game, so I can be reasonably sure the price will be comparable to previous expansions.)

Well lets hope the current development and marketing team remember how outraged we all were at the Heart of Thorns "expansion". Basically we were rebuying the game in that expac (59.99 at the time if I'm recalling things right) when it first dropped and it caused a big kerfuffle. Path of fire was a much more reasonable price overall.

@Head Kracker.4790 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:(Unless of course I want it but think it's absurdly over-pried, then I'll wait for a sale - but again it's an expansion, not a new game, so I can be reasonably sure the price will be comparable to previous expansions.)

Well lets hope the current development and marketing team remember how outraged we all were at the Heart of Thorns "expansion". Basically we were rebuying the game in that expac (59.99 at the time if I'm recalling things right) when it first dropped and it caused a big kerfuffle. Path of fire was a much more reasonable price overall.

It was 49.99 at the time of pre-purchase. The 'kerfluffle' was over the Core game going Play4Free, not the cost of the expansion.

In May of 2017, the price dropped to 29.99.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It was 49.99 at the time of pre-purchase. The 'kerfluffle' was over the Core game going Play4Free, not the cost of the expansion.

That's right and they did not allow the people who paid for the game, pre play for free, a cheaper way to get that content. We were basically told your SOL and had to rebuy the game. Which was pretty much the original purchase price for the base Guild Wars 2 game. The price drop only happened after 3 years. Newer players did not feel that sting like those of us that played at or near the beginning. And it told us longer term players just what the development team of that time, about what they thought about us players that stick around. Suckers with Wallets.

I freely admit its definitely gotten better now that they have outlets like skins for mounts and such that they put in the gem store. It not nearly as in your face cash grab unless you actually WANT said items and since they are cosmetic anyway those who want them can pass on them if they wish or not as the case may be.

@Head Kracker.4790 said:

That's right and they did not allow the people who paid for the game, pre play for free, a cheaper way to get that content. We were basically told your SOL and had to rebuy the game. Which was pretty much the original purchase price for the base Guild Wars 2 game. The price drop only happened after 3 years. Newer players did not feel that sting like those of us that played at or near the beginning. And it told us longer term players just what the development team of that time, about what they thought about us players that stick around. Suckers with Wallets.

I freely admit its definitely gotten better now that they have outlets like skins for mounts and such that they put in the gem store. It not nearly as in your face cash grab unless you actually WANT said items and since they are cosmetic anyway those who want them can pass on them if they wish or not as the case may be.

Well, they gave us $10.00 off in the form of a free character slot.If you think, at the time, that 39.99 was way too much to pay for an expansion, then I hope, for your sake, that EoD isn't that price.

Good luck.

well, at the start it WAS about the price because it would've cost the same as the base game, the argument here is that you can't play without the base game which means you need to pay 100 bucks for one complete game.PoF was cheaper because of that reasoning, and even while the game became free a month before HoT was released, the ones that already bought the game were pissed that they now have to buy the game again (technically that is) just to play HoT.

It was both. The way the HoT package was explained was initially unclear. My first reaction on seeing the announcement was "ok, but where's the one for people who already have the base game?" and I wasn't surprised to see I wasn't the only one thinking that.

The cost wasn't out of the range of what I expected (although I was hoping it'd be cheaper) but the announcement focused mostly on the fact that you'd be able to get the expansion and the base game together and what a great deal it was for new players, which was fine except that it made it sound like the package being announced was only for new players. Combined with the relatively high price for an expansion pack it made it sound like there should also be a way to get HoT on it's own. Then it came as a nasty surprise to realise that wasn't the case.

Obviously I eventually accepted it, because I did get HoT. In my case it helped that since I buy gems periodically anyway I could get the Ulimate Edition and mentally subtract the cost of the gems (because I'd pay that sooner or later anyway) and the end result was I got the Deluxe Edition for about what I expected it to cost. But it took a while to get to that point because the announcement was confusing.

I hope to see pre-orders going up before Xmas this year, even if it is 6-7 months until release.The price I do not care about, to be honest, as I usually just buy the standard editions. The goodies are in my opinion not really worth it. The gems are pointless as I am still waiting for something meaningful in the store.

I would consider buying a deluxe/ultimate edition if the below was included

Pre-order bonus:

• Early access to a side-story line introducing Cantha.

For the deluxe edition:

• extra Char slot
  • LVL 80 booster
  • an outfit based on the new expansion + mini
  • 2000 GEMS
  • (in case housing is a new feature: Cantha furniture pack)

The ultimate edition:

• Above
  • Story skip token ( skip one of the storylines ( core, Hot, PoF or Ice saga)
  • 4000 GEMS instead of 2k
  • (incase of housing: Cantha Furniture pack + Royal Cantha furniture pack)

The reason I mentioned housing is that it is a feature they can easily monetize.