Achievement tribune weapons collector — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Achievement tribune weapons collector

Dutchdevil.6902Dutchdevil.6902 Member ✭✭
edited September 6, 2020 in Living World

Hello,

I have to say it’s been a grind (and it is still not over) to get the 5 weapons from the tribune weapons collector....
I guess it is based on luck of the bosses in the north meta drops it in drizzlewood?
I mean I have the otter achievement (if it matters), I have like 500 magic find (with the amulet of otter) and after 50 north metas I still don’t have all five weapons.
I still need the greatsword and the torch to complete the achievement!

You guys find this also an annoying grind?

Anet: what is the reason for this grind? So not enjoyable to complete the 38 normal rising mastery achievement. Or I have to put in a lot of gold for the master of the storms collection.... either way, no fun!

Increase the droprate?? Or fix this Please.

Comments

  • Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭

    You and me both. I'm also still waiting on two of them. Sigh.

  • yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Don't you get them from the death to the dominion and death to the corrupted tracks?

  • Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @yann.1946 said:
    Don't you get them from the death to the dominion and death to the corrupted tracks?

    That's where I got all 5 of them from before I got one from a Gift of Otter.

  • HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2020

    EDIT: Once again, writing it detailed resulted in taking too long >_>

    You are aware of the alternative option to get the weapons? You can also pick the weapons after completing one of the two infinite Reward Tracks:

    Death to the Dominion results in the Dominion Spoils Box, granting access to the

    Death to the Corrupted results in the Frost Legion Spoils Box, granting access to the

    If you really want to complete that collection, focus on these two reward-tracks only. That is basically what I do at the moment. Once the achievement is completed, you can pick that track that feels more rewarding for you again.

  • But reward tracks are pvp. And I find that boring 😜

  • Schimmi.6872Schimmi.6872 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dutchdevil.6902 said:
    But reward tracks are pvp. And I find that boring 😜

    No, in this case, they are PvE. There are the repeatable achievments like "Death to the corrupted" which work like reward tracks. You get commendations for kills, events and can also buy some daylie at the vendor on the drizzlewood-map.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Schimmi.6872 said:
    which work like reward tracks.

    You confused the OP calling them reward tracks, which they are not, even if they function in a similar way.

  • Schimmi.6872Schimmi.6872 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Schimmi.6872 said:
    which work like reward tracks.

    You confused the OP calling them reward tracks, which they are not, even if they function in a similar way.

    That's why I wrote, that they work like a reward track, the post that confused the OP wasn't from me.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2020

    Easy guaranteed choices from the end of the repeatable achieves. These you can select to put all your commendation to and speed up trading t5/6 ore wood leather at the questor guy. You can also get them from rng from gift of otter boxes

    WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Schimmi.6872 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Schimmi.6872 said:
    which work like reward tracks.

    You confused the OP calling them reward tracks, which they are not, even if they function in a similar way.

    That's why I wrote, that they work like a reward track, the post that confused the OP wasn't from me.

    Sorry my bad.

  • Yeah just repeat the achievement like he said. I am not even half way to finishing otter and I have 1 weapon left to get from the repeatable achievement track.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dutchdevil.6902 said:
    I mean I have the otter achievement (if it matters), I have like 500 magic find (with the amulet of otter) and after 50 north metas I still don’t have all five weapons.

    If you completed the meta that many times then you should have completed the commendation reward tracks more than enough times to acquire the weapons that way.