Why does Mud Slide still exist? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Why does Mud Slide still exist?

Girth.9731Girth.9731 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 6, 2020 in PVP

Its a near instant cast gap closer with a 2 second KD that can't be evaded while being an evade itself on a 20 second cooldown. What in the world are you thinking Anet?

Comments

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kuma.1503 said:
    LR Weaver is all fun and games until it gets one shot by the nade holo.

    almost every build is fun and games untill they get ones shot by holo :D

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't see anything wrong with it. Should you be able to read that it's coming also because it's not accessible instantly and under a pattern.

    Bullscharge which desyncs a lot and does all sort of weird visual lies, not instant but I can guaranteed you all the shenanigans combined is likely to hit because of those even if there was a proper evade.

    I've seen people stutter, go through pillars or hit me from across so far away.

    https://gyazo.com/4cd8b6a39f01c4246d6b1e18db724985
    https://gyazo.com/a1bb423b4cdac2cd596eba8c42116e04

    If I can find the one going through stuff I'll post it, I admit those were very early evades but sound cues are so misleading on that skill that I just press too fast sometimes.

    Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

  • wevh.2903wevh.2903 Member ✭✭✭

    The initial attack can be dodged and blocked; the trail produced cannot be dodged or blocked. This skill can inflict knockdown a total of two times.

    U can dodge it just get better

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just enjoy the game, l00000000l

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2020

    @Shao.7236 said:
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Should you be able to read that it's coming also because it's not accessible instantly and under a pattern.

    Bullscharge which desyncs a lot and does all sort of weird visual lies, not instant but I can guaranteed you all the shenanigans combined is likely to hit because of those even if there was a proper evade.

    I've seen people stutter, go through pillars or hit me from across so far away.

    https://gyazo.com/4cd8b6a39f01c4246d6b1e18db724985
    https://gyazo.com/a1bb423b4cdac2cd596eba8c42116e04

    If I can find the one going through stuff I'll post it, I admit those were very early evades but sound cues are so misleading on that skill that I just press too fast sometimes.

    if laggy warrior uses dash/bulls near a pillar/fence/wall on your screen he can get stuck and you think you are safe, but on his he goes through.
    what happens is that he just teleports and hits you near the end.

    • some random bugs when warrior goes flying through the air and teleports to hit you lol
  • Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Should you be able to read that it's coming also because it's not accessible instantly and under a pattern.

    Bullscharge which desyncs a lot and does all sort of weird visual lies, not instant but I can guaranteed you all the shenanigans combined is likely to hit because of those even if there was a proper evade.

    I've seen people stutter, go through pillars or hit me from across so far away.

    https://gyazo.com/4cd8b6a39f01c4246d6b1e18db724985
    https://gyazo.com/a1bb423b4cdac2cd596eba8c42116e04

    If I can find the one going through stuff I'll post it, I admit those were very early evades but sound cues are so misleading on that skill that I just press too fast sometimes.

    if laggy warrior uses dash/bulls near a pillar/fence/wall on your screen he can get stuck and you think you are safe, but on his he goes through.
    what happens is that he just teleports and hits you near the end.

    • some random bugs when warrior goes flying through the air and teleports to hit you lol

    Well thats probably the crappy compensation for these skills bugging out and doing nothing, like doing the skill but the guy teleported or something like that and you stay on place while casting, actually i think all boots on the ground gap closers do that.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vancho.8750 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Should you be able to read that it's coming also because it's not accessible instantly and under a pattern.

    Bullscharge which desyncs a lot and does all sort of weird visual lies, not instant but I can guaranteed you all the shenanigans combined is likely to hit because of those even if there was a proper evade.

    I've seen people stutter, go through pillars or hit me from across so far away.

    https://gyazo.com/4cd8b6a39f01c4246d6b1e18db724985
    https://gyazo.com/a1bb423b4cdac2cd596eba8c42116e04

    If I can find the one going through stuff I'll post it, I admit those were very early evades but sound cues are so misleading on that skill that I just press too fast sometimes.

    if laggy warrior uses dash/bulls near a pillar/fence/wall on your screen he can get stuck and you think you are safe, but on his he goes through.
    what happens is that he just teleports and hits you near the end.

    • some random bugs when warrior goes flying through the air and teleports to hit you lol

    Well thats probably the crappy compensation for these skills bugging out and doing nothing, like doing the skill but the guy teleported or something like that and you stay on place while casting, actually i think all boots on the ground gap closers do that.

    Might be, but warrior is the only one I notice really, and since I play squishy mesmer every time it happens im losing 50% of my hp due to a bug, so it pisses me off.

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Talking about warriors, I like how they couldn't fix the FC visual bug and as a solution just made them unplayable. :smile:

    LR weaver can be dealt with after looots of other issues.

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2020

    you can block the initial KD and then avoid the mud /shrug

  • you can dodge all targeted leaps from warrior, by just... Jumping. When timed right he leaps to you... and nothing happens. saved one dodge. But infight literly nearly impossible to time.
    Works easiest with shield bash (shield 4) when he starts the animation -> jump -> dodged :)

  • wevh.2903wevh.2903 Member ✭✭✭

    @JorKadeen.3846 said:
    you can dodge all targeted leaps from warrior, by just... Jumping. When timed right he leaps to you... and nothing happens. saved one dodge. But infight literly nearly impossible to time.
    Works easiest with shield bash (shield 4) when he starts the animation -> jump -> dodged :)

    kitten how? What u mean by a leap? Works wih mud slide?

  • no. i said "warrior" also no mud slide

    i descriped it. if you want i can record it and show you how...