Tired about fractal lfg Alacren (perma alacrity)

Requiem.9648

I dont know i played for 8 years and i can understand they nerfed the godlike boon chrono share cause that was way too op to give everything specialy in fractal/PvP/WvW but now we got a new requirement how people dosent seem like to play. HB/Alac i mean finding Healbrand seem easy and fun to play vs finding a alacren WHY??? Cause many people dosent like the gameplay of alacren or its just boring. Every single day I check the lfg on reset and the most common lfg is Alacren!!! they are hard to find. I know the easy anwser will be just run without it.

Got a sugestion now the chrono cannot give perma everything anymore on his group if he alone only quickness and a 3sec additional boon if he using soi that should be the time to give it back the alacritry like on Seize the moment trait to give 5 man quickness on shatter the should add alacrity to that specialy for fractal when that dynamic fight vs that useless no-dynamic well of recall. At least we will have oportunity to run Alacren or Chrono no ONLY Alacren.

Having played chrono in its hey day as well as Firebrand/Alacrity Renegade now I have to say that it is due to the skill level of the average player. Firebrand is much more forgiving than chrono and so is alacrity renegade.

What would probably happen is that alacrity would either replace quickness on Seize the Moment , or simply not exist on chrono outside of the well (5s base duration ; with alacrity up you end up with 5s out of 20 effective cooldown or ~17s with Improved Alacrity) + shield (2s base duration). Right now the investment in boon duration to attain alacrity uptime is quite high (it's either mimic+Signet of Inspiration and Improved Alacrity instead of Danger Time or 2 chronos both running well of recall with boon duration or SOI). I highly doubt that alacrity would simply be added to Seize the Moment and wells are just much more unreliable in a dynamic environment such as fractals vs a boss fight scenario.

Ultimately for fractals the largest reason there's a shortage of alacrity renegades is not because of the build but due to timegated currencies (Exquisite Serpentite Jewel) required for armor stats with Diviner .

edit: that's on top of Revenant being one of the rarer classes per gw2efficiency among the playerbase.edit2: I'd much rather Well of Recall apply alacrity per pulse. In its current state it's just not a very fun thing to play in fractals.

What... Chrono can give perma Quickness and Alacrity. If you use Well of Action and Recall + SoI, you have 16s of Quickness and Alacrity. Recharge time on both wells is almost 17s (Improved Alacrity). Don't forged about Continuum Split and shield skills (Tides of Time = 4s of alacrity). So... yeah, you can give perma alacrity. You can also take Mimic instead of Well of Action.Chrono is still viable, it's just Hfb can heal, bring utility, grant every boon exept alacrity and this is why we have alarene.

Getting Diviner's gear for Alarene require you to farm some LS4 currency (Branded Mass and some jewels in Thunderhead Peaks).Harrier's... not. You can buy Harrier's Insignias and Inscriptions from TP or just easily craft them. Heal-firebrand's gear is easier and faster to make.

it doesnt matter that chrono can give quickness + alacrity, since it CANT give might, so you need another player to give 25 might to other players anyways so you end up with 2 supports, and for 2 support its just better to play FB + rene so that you dont have to deal with stupid wells, and GL making value out of them in trash clear in fractals.BTW rev is less played then other classes since its pay to play class, MANY players start with a free class when they decide they like the game they pay and get especs and stick to their first class, this is why there will always be less revs then other classes in general.To top it off guardian is easy as fuck to play, and overpowered in most if not all gamemodes so everyone and their mother has one.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:it doesnt matter that chrono can give quickness + alacrity, since it CANT give might, so you need another player to give 25 might to other players anyways so you end up with 2 supports, and for 2 support its just better to play FB + rene so that you dont have to deal with stupid wells.

To clarify / go on this a little more: You need 2 supports regardless. Either you go with Chrono & Druid OR Q(H)FB & Renegade. In both cases you can push as offensive as you can based on how well the party performs. The reason why FB/Ren combo works better in fracs is related to how wells function on chrono. These are timegated. So the party needs to stand in it for a fixed amount of seconds in order for them to get their boons. This is inefficient in an environment as fractals because you have to move all over the place. Not to mention the instabilities. Some of these make it rather impossible to do in the first place. As where fb/ren comp basically is instantly aoe boon "spam". And then there is also the history of Signet of Inspiration history. But we dont talk about that.

I'd like to see Lost Time provide Alacrity to nearby allies as well. Maybe adjust the cool down to compensate.Chrono would then have the flexibility to offer either quickness or alacrity with a quick change of a trait and weapon. The original identity of chrono stays in tack, and groups get a bit more flexibility with their comp/player pool. And they'd be somewhat less well-bound as well.Quick Chrono/Alac RenAlac Chrono/Quick BrandQuick Brand/Alac Ren

One particular comp will inevitably rise to the top as optimal, but that fine. At least we'd have some competitive options.

@"Arewn.2368" said:I'd like to see Lost Time provide Alacrity to nearby allies as well. Maybe adjust the cool down to compensate.Chrono would then have the flexibility to offer either quickness or alacrity with a quick change of a trait and weapon. The original identity of chrono stays in tack, and groups get a bit more flexibility with their comp/player pool. And they'd be somewhat less well-bound as well.Quick Chrono/Alac RenAlac Chrono/Quick BrandQuick Brand/Alac Ren

One particular comp will inevitably rise to the top as optimal, but that fine. At least we'd have some competitive options.

That's actually a good suggestion. You'd end up relying on the chrono traitline only so it wouldn't affect mirages/core mesmer.

Because shield CCs it would do double duty by applying more alacrity as well as the Time Sink shatter.

Having quickness mainly being applied by guardian is healthier for the game overall due to more guardians being played by players. What isn't healthy is if a class requires time gated currencies like diviner which renegade does or requires a high skill cap and harder to obtain gear to run properly like old boon chrono. It's more or less a given that chrono won't be healing, so I think having chrono be a stand in for a renegade would be okay.The problem there is how do you stop chrono from completely shutting out renegades? StM quickness chrono currently does ~31K DPS (which probably includes 10% from Danger Time) which is higher than the DPS output of a typical alacrity power renegade in both power/condi form. If Inspiration isn't required to run it then it should still hit ~26K DPS with a shield rather than focus as the logs for StM dueling boon chrono have the focus warden phantasm as ~5% overall damage and the Greatsword variant would drop 10% from not having Phantasmal Swordsman (so about 25K?). Then again there's a ramp time present with phantasms and shatters.

The condi variant of alac renegade is capable of 34K and upkeep alac with 2 of them however it simply isn't a good fit for fractals due to the nature of condi: https://lucky-noobs.com/builds/condi-alacrity-renegade

Another thing is wells should probably apply boons on tick rather than at the end to make them more usable outside of boss fights.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, until maybe Anet listens:Wells are designed terribly and force very clunky gameplay in the way they are now. They should just make the wells not be a dropped AoE field, but instead you just activate the skill and the well "pulses" around your character model. This way, people don't have to stick to a certain place, but to you as a player. This way, a moving boss or having to clear trash is not a problem anymore and Chrono's are - finally - useful outside of static raid boss scenarios.

It's been suggested a few times, but I like the idea of adding both quickness and alacrity to shatters on chronomancer. This reinforces anets goal of having people shatter often, duration could increase with the number of clones destroyed, and you could have the affect be an AOE around either the mesmer or the target. I feel like this would a) give us a lot more control of the effect compared to wells, and b) give chronomancer shatters further differentiation from core.

As far as wells, they should be reworked completely or replaced. The above idea could be fine and would fit thematically, a 'time bubble' that pulses outward from the chronomancer instead of a static ground target.

You mean the same rework that was done to scrapper gyros ?

I'd be happy even if it boons applied per tick. It feels really bad when people don't stand in it at the last tick. Given that wells other than well of calamity don't have appreciable damage to write home about, I think it would be a change that is worth implementing.

@"DesiRe.1348" said:I've said it before and I'll say it again, until maybe Anet listens:Wells are designed terribly and force very clunky gameplay in the way they are now. They should just make the wells not be a dropped AoE field, but instead you just activate the skill and the well "pulses" around your character model. This way, people don't have to stick to a certain place, but to you as a player. This way, a moving boss or having to clear trash is not a problem anymore and Chrono's are - finally - useful outside of static raid boss scenarios.

@Hiemdal.4367 said:It's been suggested a few times, but I like the idea of adding both quickness and alacrity to shatters on chronomancer. This reinforces anets goal of having people shatter often, duration could increase with the number of clones destroyed, and you could have the affect be an AOE around either the mesmer or the target. I feel like this would a) give us a lot more control of the effect compared to wells, and b) give chronomancer shatters further differentiation from core.

As far as wells, they should be reworked completely or replaced. The above idea could be fine and would fit thematically, a 'time bubble' that pulses outward from the chronomancer instead of a static ground target.

@"Infusion.7149" said:You mean the same rework that was done to scrapper gyros ?

I'd be happy even if it boons applied per tick. It feels really bad when people don't stand in it at the last tick. Given that wells other than well of calamity don't have appreciable damage to write home about, I think it would be a change that is worth implementing.

They shouldn't rework the wells like Scrappers' Gyros but instead make a trait in the Chronomancer line to make wells "self-target". Like the reverse of the old Master of Consecrations of Guardians. The reason is - players don't just use Chrono wells for boons, but for offense or ranged support as well. I for one don't want to lose the 900 range Gravity Well, Well of Calamity, Eternity and Precognition.

Yeah I'm not sure why they made the alacrity so weak on it when it was originally released on Chrono. With that being said, healbrand is a lot more fun to play. It leads the group and a well played healbrand makes runs go smooth and fun. I play HB really well personally and am currently working on and learning revenant (I put this off for so long).

Unfortunately for fractals Chrono still doesn't have a great spot since even if it brings quickness/alacrity - it lacks other strong heals/support that the healbrand brings. It's best paired with druid which is currently in a garbage state for anything other than a single slot for raids or strikes. With that being said, if they improved druids healing and personal damage, I believe Chrono would make a come back in fractals.

@Strider.7849 said:Yeah I'm not sure why they made the alacrity so weak on it when it was originally released on Chrono. With that being said, healbrand is a lot more fun to play. It leads the group and a well played healbrand makes runs go smooth and fun. I play HB really well personally and am currently working on and learning revenant (I put this off for so long).

Unfortunately for fractals Chrono still doesn't have a great spot since even if it brings quickness/alacrity - it lacks other strong heals/support that the healbrand brings. It's best paired with druid which is currently in a garbage state for anything other than a single slot for raids or strikes. With that being said, if they improved druids healing and personal damage, I believe Chrono would make a come back in fractals.

Yeah and if they do that. we will be back to the dudu chrono only meta. Good times when chrono could provide and keep perma 10 - 12 boons on a party of 5 by just pressing shatters and SOI...Right?

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@Strider.7849 said:Yeah I'm not sure why they made the alacrity so weak on it when it was originally released on Chrono. With that being said, healbrand is a lot more fun to play. It leads the group and a well played healbrand makes runs go smooth and fun. I play HB really well personally and am currently working on and learning revenant (I put this off for so long).

Yeah and if they do that. we will be back to the dudu chrono only meta. Good times when chrono could provide and keep perma 10 - 12 boons on a party of 5 by just pressing shatters and SOI...Right?

Is it really that much different than revenant pressing one button for permanent alacrity and healbrand filling the rest? It would be better to have more options imo.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:it doesnt matter that chrono can give quickness + alacrity, since it CANT give might, so you need another player to give 25 might to other players anyways so you end up with 2 supports, and for 2 support its just better to play FB + rene so that you dont have to deal with stupid wells, and GL making value out of them in trash clear in fractals.BTW rev is less played then other classes since its pay to play class, MANY players start with a free class when they decide they like the game they pay and get especs and stick to their first class, this is why there will always be less revs then other classes in general.To top it off guardian is easy as kitten to play, and overpowered in most if not all gamemodes so everyone and their mother has one.

DH benchmarks lower than reaper. How is guard OP?

https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/guardian/dragonhunter/power/ 33khttps://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/reaper/power/ 34k

@Strider.7849 said:

Is it really that much different than revenant pressing one button for permanent alacrity and healbrand filling the rest? It would be better to have more options imo.

I'm all in for variety. I'm merely stating the fact that chrono used to be massively OP and then after several rounds of nerfs, some of them unjust, the class became unviable in fractals . Dudu fell from grace as collateral damage as the class synced great with chrono, and since anet and 'balance' usually don't go well together, we ended up with another staple for fractals - a pquick/healbrand + alacren/heal alacren.

For the wells specifically, I’d suggest some form of a radius increase on the last pulse.

Unlike alacren where you you have to remain within 360 range of them ~40% of the time, you only have to commit to being in the well for the last pulse for a ~10s chunk. Additionally, one of the problems with current wells atm is its size, which makes it hard to manoeuvre around - consider: with 240 radius wells, a player who camps the middle of the well can miss out on the last pulse if they perform a dodge roll (300 units) in any direction.

I feel as though pulsing wells wouldn’t work as well as 1) it would require players to actually remain in them, and on top of that, 2) it would force players to remain in an absurdly small playspace to get all the boons. IMO moving wells, and other suggestions, will suffer from the same problem as long as the range/radius stays at or below 240 units.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:it doesnt matter that chrono can give quickness + alacrity, since it CANT give might, so you need another player to give 25 might to other players anyways so you end up with 2 supports, and for 2 support its just better to play FB + rene so that you dont have to deal with stupid wells, and GL making value out of them in trash clear in fractals.BTW rev is less played then other classes since its pay to play class, MANY players start with a free class when they decide they like the game they pay and get especs and stick to their first class, this is why there will always be less revs then other classes in general.To top it off guardian is easy as kitten to play, and overpowered in most if not all gamemodes so everyone and their mother has one.

DH benchmarks lower than reaper. How is guard OP?

Play them. It is a huge difference. Look at the Raid Viability per encounter. That is what tells the whole store. Do not look at the impossible to acquire Golemn DPS for Reaper. Nobody can meet close to that in an actual encounter. You do way more DPS with DH in the actual encounters. Especially where it is important.

Is it really worth it, for me to whine about how chronomancer is far from what the name describes...Anet has taken every little bit of " chrono" from us. Just because we have clocks in our skills doesn't make us special...I enjoyed being the one whos' eyes glow purple and then I blast everyone with invigorating benefits...is this a form of profession meta cicling? Like how League of Legends nerfs some champs so other champs get some attention aswell?

A shatter that gives alac pulsing from you, and another that gives alac on illusions blast could be a good mechanic, which can give more strategic viability to chronos.The wells that stick to the player do not sound tasteful, but wells that give alac on tick DO sound good.

In its current state, metabattle has put chrono as " pdps" in fractals...what the hell..we already have a damage class and it's called MIRAGE.. If I wanted to be a dps in fractals I'd pick mirage.. but I want to give wells..and be useful to the team...not be easily replaced by a keyboard face-rolling mongrel of a hfb with his quickness, or an alarene which has only one useful skill and that's F2 (the one that gives pulsing alac) ... being a good chrono should be rewarding, much like a good mirage is rewarding. But our hands are so tied up that I'd rather not invest time on MY MAIN... and switch to tempest or something...which I'm considering, even though hfb is such a hardcoded meta it's painful...and the community doesn't like change, be it in nerfs or having something other than hfb/alaren in a fractal...

• 1 month later...

BTW rev is less played then other classes since its pay to play class, MANY players start with a free class when they decide they like the game they pay and get especs and stick to their first class, this is why there will always be less revs then other classes in general.

This simply isn't true, the reason Rev isn't played much is mostly the weird class mechanics which most people find offputting. It's quite difficult to get the hang of a class where a good rotation requires you do swap both skills and weapons every 9 seconds flat while managing energy and maintaining buffs. It's quite difficult to get a hang of and it's just not a comfortable class to play.

Add to that how AlacRen requires you to get the most annoying to find gear in the game, and you end up with a build very few people care to make.

I don't think Chrono's in a bad state here, its mostly that Renegade can invest in 100% Boon Duration quite easily since they mesh really well with gears like Harrier's, and then they provide 25 Might and permanent Alacrity with two button presses.

On top of this, these abilities don't take any of their skill slots, and I think that's the big factor. If you go with Chrono you need to literally use all your skill slots just to provide perma Alacrity even with high Boon Duration.

Believe it or not, its actually the lack of a piano factor on Alacren that puts players off. Sitting still and spamming a few skills occasionally sounds fun in theory, but in reality you become bored very quickly. Its not nearly as enaging as the gameplay of complex classes like Chrono. Sometimes you need to feel like you're actually playing the game or halfway fall asleep.

If players honestly think Rev energy management comes close to managing Shatters, they've never played Mesmer.