Throw mine visuals

Tyga.7056

I generally don't like the idea of having no visuals on an impactful skill like that. Since decap scrapper becomes more and more a thing it would be cool, if you could either see the mine or have an area circle around it. It kind of leaves it with not much outplay potential, since it removes boons and can be detonated.

Throw mine is effectively something between preparation and trap, both don't have a visible circle for enemies either. So I don't think we should add this to throw mine.

Maybe they could make the throw animation more obvious instead, like traps are also easily recognised by the enemy placing something on the ground.

@Kodama.6453 said:Throw mine is effectively something between preparation and trap, both don't have a visible circle for enemies either. So I don't think we should add this to throw mine.

Maybe they could make the throw animation more obvious instead, like traps are also easily recognised by the enemy placing something on the ground.

Throw mine is very different to a trap, especially in context to its purpose currently, which is mostly based a round decap scrapper. A trap is supposed to punish you when you stand in it and throw mine you knocks you fairly easy out of the node. Throw mine also can be activated which makes it even harder to outplay it, since the engi just shouldn't let you dodge through it.

@Tyga.7056 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:Throw mine is effectively something between preparation and trap, both don't have a visible circle for enemies either. So I don't think we should add this to throw mine.

Throw mine is very different to a trap, especially in context to its purpose currently, which is mostly based a round decap scrapper. A trap is supposed to punish you when you stand in it and throw mine you knocks you fairly easy out of the node. Throw mine also can be activated which makes it even harder to outplay it, since the engi just shouldn't let you dodge through it.

Hence why I said something between preparation and trap.It can get reactivated like a preparation, but also triggers if an enemy walks over it, just like a trap.

Also don't know if they are really functioning that different, especially in PvP.If traps are used in PvP, by dragon hunters for example, then they usually also place them on a node. What do they want to achieve? Punishing you for standing on the node and therefore they are trying to force you off of it.

Which is what the mine also wants to accomplish. But instead of forcing you off the node by applying alot of pressure on you, it forces you off by knocking you back.Which also can get countered by using stability, like any other knockback.

Thats not exactly true. Traps from a DH are easily dodgeable, which gets kind of countered by the fact you can detonate the mine.Throw mine also removes 3 boons on activation and anyways, stability is currently not a very present boon on sidenodes. Elixier U f.e. has some extreme short duration uptime and throw mines CD is half of the elixier cooldown. You can also not have with any class really consistently a high boon uptime, which is in this case stability + minimum 3 other boons. If you wanna argue with stun breaks forget it. CD's are way to high up for that.For instance, I don't even ask it to get nerfed. I want to be able to outplay it, which is currently visual wise not doable (aside the 15 sec cd it anyways has).

@Tyga.7056 said:Thats not exactly true. Traps from a DH are easily dodgeable, which gets kind of countered by the fact you can detonate the mine.Throw mine also removes 3 boons on activation and anyways, stability is currently not a very present boon on sidenodes. Elixier U f.e. has some extreme short duration uptime and throw mines CD is half of the elixier cooldown. You can also not have with any class really consistently a high boon uptime, which is in this case stability + minimum 3 other boons. If you wanna argue with stun breaks forget it. CD's are way to high up for that.For instance, I don't even ask it to get nerfed. I want to be able to outplay it, which is currently visual wise not doable (aside the 15 sec cd it anyways has).

Yeah, I understand that you want to outplay it.

I just disagree with how you want to add that outplay potential. You want it to be clearly visible to the enemy, which in my opinion contradicts it's similar behaviour to a trap, which are also not visible for the enemy. Instead, I say that they should make the placing animation more obvious, so you can tell that they are laying down a mine right now. Just like how it is for preparations and traps, if they are placing them you can clearly tell because of the animation, even if the trap itself stays invisible.