Headset suggestions.

killfil.3472

I use the Corsair VOID Pro. So far, I like them and they weren't too expensive.https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/USB-Headsets/VOID-RGB-ELITE-USB-Premium-Gaming-Headset-with-7-1-Surround-Sound/p/CA-9011203-EU

I haven't tried so many headsets, but while this is robust material and a little heavy on the head, it's still very soft padding on the ears and above head. I like the sound, but I'm not sure if it's isolated very well.

@"Lucio.4190" said:I use the Corsair VOID Pro. So far, I like them and they weren't too expensive.https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/USB-Headsets/VOID-RGB-ELITE-USB-Premium-Gaming-Headset-with-7-1-Surround-Sound/p/CA-9011203-EU

I haven't tried so many headsets, but while this is robust material and a little heavy on the head, it's still very soft padding on the ears and above head. I like the sound, but I'm not sure if it's isolated very well.

Is it on the ears or around them? That is, are the cups big enough that the ears sit inside them? (Having an "industrial" piercing(1) makes "sits on the ears" headsets ... uncomfortable...)

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_piercing And yes, that hurts when they do the piercing itself.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Lucio.4190" said:I use the Corsair VOID Pro. So far, I like them and they weren't too expensive.

Is it
on
the ears or
around
them? That is, are the cups big enough that the ears sit inside them? (Having an "industrial" piercing(1) makes "sits on the ears" headsets ... uncomfortable...)

(1)
And yes, that
hurts
when they do the piercing itself.

Good point.The cups are around my ears, which feels good.I guess our ears are different so I used the ruler and checked the size of the cup. I've linked to a picture that I've uploaded, I hope you'll get the... eeh.. picture.. ehrrm..https://ibb.co/QF08Fpk

The short size is back of the ear.

This is probably not the right place to ask. For price/performance the "best" headset is ~$100 Kingston HyperX Cloud or its successor Cloud II if I recall correctly.

There's supposedly a cost-cut version released this past month called HyperX Cloud Core 7.1 for ~$70 , but because it's only been out one month you can't really judge its long term build quality or reliability.

@Lucio.4190 said:

@Lucio.4190 said:I use the Corsair VOID Pro. So far, I like them and they weren't too expensive.

Is it
on
the ears or
around
them? That is, are the cups big enough that the ears sit inside them? (Having an "industrial" piercing(1) makes "sits on the ears" headsets ... uncomfortable...)

(1)
And yes, that
hurts
when they do the piercing itself.

Good point.The cups are around my ears, which feels good.I guess our ears are different so I used the ruler and checked the size of the cup. I've linked to a picture that I've uploaded, I hope you'll get the... eeh.. picture.. ehrrm..

The short size is back of the ear.

Cool, thanks. I'll look at that for my ears later. I do have a headset that sits around my ears, but the sound quality is a bit meh, and for those moments when I feel like gaming at 2am, using my normal speakers is a no-no, so a decent-quality headset is a good thing to have.

EDIT: Yes, that looks about the same size as the ones I have. ("later" ==> at lunch-time, given that I'm teleworking...) Thanks again.