Why don't Illusions Get Auras?

chrispy.7182

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

• Screen clutter
  • Imagine hitting into 4+ auras at once
  • Is spammable/appears frequently on certain builds (making points above worse)

Unless you’re referring only to staff #4/trident #3.

These excuses as to why and are justifications for the developers' laziness and bias against Mesmers as a whole. They are not valid reasons.

@Obliviscaris.6937 said:

• Screen clutter

These excuses as to why and are justifications for the developers' laziness and bias against Mesmers as a whole. They are not valid reasons.

You realize that the devs removed the traits that were actually punishing players from hitting the clones quite a while ago for these exact reasons? PvP players hate to take damage when they hit a foe (they hate it even more than conditions) and ANet comply with their wishes. It's not laziness, it's that they would be forced to remove it a week after they put it in game due to the whine in the sPvP sub forum.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

• Screen clutter

You realize that the devs removed the traits that were actually punishing players from hitting the clones quite a while ago for these exact reasons? PvP players hate to take damage when they hit a foe (they hate it even more than conditions) and ANet comply with their wishes. It's not laziness, it's that they would be forced to remove it a week after they put it in game due to the whine in the sPvP sub forum.

Well, but it also kinda makes sense.

Counterplay to the illusions is to kill them with AoE damage, but these effects would heavily punish you to use the intended counterplay. That doesn't really make sense.

@Kodama.6453 said:

• Screen clutter

Well, but it also kinda makes sense.

Counterplay to the illusions is to kill them with AoE damage, but these effects would heavily punish you to use the intended counterplay. That doesn't really make sense.

I think GW2 is the only game where attacking clones of someone is considered smart and counterplay instead of being an idiot for attacking the wrong thing.In general I think illusions shouldnt be able to get retal for example, or auras. But since staff is so shit I could see staff 4 being special exeption where it gives all clones/phantasm the chaos armor too.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I think GW2 is the only game where attacking clones of someone is considered smart and counterplay instead of being an idiot for attacking the wrong thing.In general I think illusions shouldnt be able to get retal for example, or auras. But since staff is so kitten I could see staff 4 being special exeption where it gives all clones/phantasm the chaos armor too.

Well, if these clones would just function as distractions, then yes, attacking them should benefit the mesmer.But since they are intertwined with the shatter class mechanic, means that they double as fuel in functionality, that's why you have to balance in a matter that destroying them is counterplay.

@Kodama.6453 said:

I think GW2 is the only game where attacking clones of someone is considered smart and counterplay instead of being an idiot for attacking the wrong thing.In general I think illusions shouldnt be able to get retal for example, or auras. But since staff is so kitten I could see staff 4 being special exeption where it gives all clones/phantasm the chaos armor too.

Well, if these clones would just function as distractions, then yes, attacking them should benefit the mesmer.But since they are intertwined with the shatter class mechanic, means that they double as fuel in functionality, that's why you have to balance in a matter that destroying them is counterplay.

and thus we are where we are, pulsing aoe that wipes clones in 1 hit, clones that actively help your enemies by giving them hp/might/bariers/stability/LF.and they have to hit for shit since they are many of them, and since there are many of them they have to die in 1hit

@Yoci.2481 said:

• Screen clutter

Have you ever pointed your GS at an enemy blob?

???

Now imagine all that you hit are clones with aura effects because a mesmer got an aura from one of dozens of possible sources, and now all their clones get a free copy?

Or simply instead of hitting only 1 legitimately gained aura, you instead hit 4 auras?

Wouldn’t work ‘just visually’ as clones and phantasms CAN get working auras themselves. Imagine having a fake full counter and real full counter, with no way to tell which is which w/o hitting into it... I don’t think many would like that.

Working auras on illusions can actually pay off as you deny those who attack them to go off freely. You can suggest things such as clones performing leap finishers on more clone weapon skills, but ‘all clones get a free copy whenever the mesmer gets an aura’ is on the excessive side.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

• Screen clutter

Again, excuses. The game of 'spot the difference' needs to be more difficult. Having the aura visuals and visuals of the boons the Mesmer receives (even the icons), should be stock standard.

The 'visual clutter' excuse is a load of fucking bullshit and anyone with a semblance of common sense knows this. But again it's constantly apologist tripe in response to entirely reasonable suggestions.

I think mesmers illusions should all receive auras when our mesmer recieves one! Mesmer is so squishy already so they should atleast be hard to find!All prof has their pros and cons, and deception should be mesmers core strength all the time.

But... as some people already said before me... too many sad whining peeps that just cant take it and just want a lazy way of killing people easily, and thats why mesmer is in the state it is right now :/

@chrispy.7182 said:Why don't our illusions get Chaos Aura when we get it? This is especially important in PvP / WvW as we light up like a Christmas tree making it super obvious which 'one' of us is the real one. Is there a reason for this?

Illusions don't get infusion auras, only auras from gear. Unfortunately yeah, if you stack on infusion auras it will only make the player able to be spotted instantly rather than a short delay.

• 1 month later...