Should we be able to dye our pets?

echosera.5497

I had this idea because I've been playing on Ranger for a while now and I realized that, although pets are just there to help you kill mobs, they don't really stand out from other pets. Granted they fulfill their niche as your 'pet' but they don't feel like their your companion because this other player has the same creature that looks exactly like your pet. The simple feature of being able to dye your pet a different color(s) already gives it a unique role as your companion, and not just a carbon copy of another player's pet. They could even go so far as to give you titles for playing with a particular creature for killing an X amount of mobs with that pet equipped, like 'Lion King' for using Sand Lion or something. Little things like this would make playing with pets more rewarding. This may seem trivial to some and may not be at the top of their priorities but it's something to think about.

well pets would allow a big variety of achiements that make sense or are just funny.think of a "true colour" achievement for making your moa pet kill at least one of any differewnt colour of moa on the funny sideor on the serious side achievements tied to rivalries like killing mordremoth with a lesser dragon type of maguuma.

they all have a problem though: they are class-specific. there aren't many class-specific achievements sadly and it if this game has taught me something then it is that ANet wants every species, every class and every gender to be meaningless outside of a fight.

for the original question: how to do that? best example are moas in their different colours, how would you dye a white moa and still have a white moa and not a blue, pink, green, whatever one?