So, what is the intended use for Serpent Siphon?

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

This skill really doesn't seem to have a time when it's worth putting on your skill bar. Closest I can think of is PvP where you have both teams fully on a point fighting (which is stupid, as now you have two points that aren't being defended at all) and you can give an okay amount of barrier out. The problem is, this is still on a long cooldown for barriers that can be denied to your allies in so many ways.

So, realistically, what's even the point of Serpent Siphon? If it's for the AoE boon strip, we have Well of Corruption, which does much more damage, gives life force, corrupts more boons, and has a cooldown of only 5 seconds longer. And it has half the cast time on top of that. If it's for the barrier, well, could you have come up with a more awkward mechanic to deliver it?

Sure, the pickup method works well for Fragments of Faith and Energy Expulsion, but each of those also send out a large number of pickups regardless of how many foes are hit. If Serpent Siphon generates 5 pickups, it's because you have 5 enemies concentrated in a small area. You don't want to be in there to pick them up.

I really would love to see this skill get a rework, as its current functionality just seems useless.

It's to situational and way to weak to be of any use...They should change it to spawn Lesser CPC that last 3s. plus the boon strip. Also it should spawn 5 fragments at once, no matter how many enemies it hits, but put 3-5s icd per player pickup. That way you can use it only up to 2 times before the fragments disappear(getting the barrier 2 times/per player at most).

it should be more like the renegade bombardment skill but with 10-15 snakes that spawn barrier buff on ground. and the poison of course, to make it a viable dps utility skill

but then you have to remove boon corrupt and here we are again, badly designed skill type. imo there's still time - remove the boon strip portion and buff the skills!increase portal range to 1200dessicate might grants 8 stacks on 600 radiustrail of anguish makes more burn stacks or can reapply if mob stand inside itthe healing skill is okthe elite is bad version of plaguegrounds, just redesign it. reaper has a minion skill, scourge doesnt. make shades or imps spawn out of the realm of torment. that would be cool

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

the elite is bad version of plaguegrounds, just redesign it. reaper has a minion skill, scourge doesnt. make shades or imps spawn out of the realm of torment. that would be cool

all good points but i find this tid bit most interesting. I would actually like to see that as an addition to to the skill and it would look pretty bad ass with the visuals -imps spawning out of the orbs that form near the middle/end of the skill

Archived