Does the guild cape have to look like such trash? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Does the guild cape have to look like such trash?

Title says it all folks, the guild cape you earn in game looks like absolute trash! I get that this is a marketing strategy to sell better looking and more detailed capes in the gem store, but does it really have to look like they spent all of five seconds designing it? This isn't an subjective view either, its an objective one. Don't believe me? log into the game, when is the last time you seen anyone running around with the guild cape? Thats right, because it look like an absolute dumpster fire. 100 years spent waiting on capes only to have the guild cape look like your character stole a table cloth from the children table to tie around their neck!

Comments

  • @kharmin.7683 said:
    I think that you answered your own question.

    D:

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The progression of this thread so far has me laughing so hard!

    I wish the capes we purchase for gems could have our guild emblems as an option.

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Perhaps, the Runic Cape would be more pleasing. Easily earned in-game.
    Or, Prince Rurik's Cape was offered at no cost in the Gem Store for Guild Wars' anniversary; it (or another) might be offered at the next anniversary.

    Good luck.

  • The guild capes aren't amazing but at least they're free and not as bad as whatever this is.
    1146px-Black_Feather_Wings_Backpack.jpg

    They got better at wings over time and will likely get better with capes too. It is kind of a shame that the first cape most people will get looks so dinky though.

  • Yggranya.5201Yggranya.5201 Member ✭✭✭

    @Trise.2865 said:
    Remember when they wouldn't do capes because of exactly this?
    Yeah...

    I'm sure there were many reasons that anet didn't do capes before, but i doubt this was one of them.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:
    Title says it all folks, the guild cape you earn in game looks like absolute trash!

    Are you talking about the napkin? - Yes, awful for a cape that is supposed to represent your guild pride. :-1:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Perhaps, the Runic Cape would be more pleasing. Easily earned in-game.
    Or, Prince Rurik's Cape was offered at no cost in the Gem Store for Guild Wars' anniversary;

    All of which can't be used to display your guild's logo.

    it (or another) might be offered at the next anniversary.

    Hopefully!

    Good luck.

    With what again? ;)

  • anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2020

    But.. but... I like our guild's official towel. Remember it's good to have your towel at hand for whatever troubles you may get into. Nothing like a good towel...
    And it's great for polishing floors in raids.
    However, I do agree that a more representative guild cape is needed in addition to this practical one. (It could be a guild cape/glider combo for that super-hero flying pose...)

    Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    All things...grow. And the blossom bothers the weed.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

  • Wouldn't mind Anet making a better version of the guild cape, but I'll get over it if they don't.

    Hate Is Fuel.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @The Greyhawk.9107 said:
    Wouldn't mind Anet making a better version of the guild cape, but I'll get over it if they don't.

    I feel that the guild cape was Anet's compromise to players who might complain about having to spend gems for a cape. However, they couldn't make it as good as purchased capes as it could possibly affect sales. Why would people buy a cape if the "free" guild cape was just as good? /shrug

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    When I first saw it I got the feeling that the emblazoned gemstore cape was originally going to be a guild cape too, but for some reason they just stuck a sword emblem on the back instead. Maybe because not everyone is in a guild.

    Maybe they'll add a better guild cape in the future, if not I'd happily buy one in the gemstore.

  • @kharmin.7683 said:

    @The Greyhawk.9107 said:
    Wouldn't mind Anet making a better version of the guild cape, but I'll get over it if they don't.

    I feel that the guild cape was Anet's compromise to players who might complain about having to spend gems for a cape. However, they couldn't make it as good as purchased capes as it could possibly affect sales. Why would people buy a cape if the "free" guild cape was just as good? /shrug

    I was more thinking a of making a second guild cape, rather than replacing the current one. Could even be Gemstore if it had to be, really DGAF so long as it looked better and I could put my emblem on it.

    Hate Is Fuel.

  • Nothing much wrong with the guild cape. It looks nice when dyed correctly and allow you to represent your guild. I used it exclusively on my Guardian (main) until Rurik's cape released. Once an Ascalonian, always an Ascalonian.

    My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

  • @Donutdude.9582 said:
    Nothing much wrong with the guild cape. It looks nice when dyed correctly and allow you to represent your guild. I used it exclusively on my Guardian (main) until Rurik's cape released. Once an Ascalonian, always an Ascalonian.

    it looks like absolute trash i can prove it by logging into the game and no one is wearing it.

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Perhaps, the Runic Cape would be more pleasing. Easily earned in-game.
    Or, Prince Rurik's Cape was offered at no cost in the Gem Store for Guild Wars' anniversary; it (or another) might be offered at the next anniversary.

    this has absolutely nothing to do with my post? so your answer to the guild cape you earn in game looking like kitten is to just wear something else? great! literally added nothing

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If you don't want a discussion, then maybe don't post on a public forum?

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Donutdude.9582Donutdude.9582 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2020

    @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:
    it looks like absolute trash i can prove it by logging into the game and no one is wearing it.

    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I think you are wrong, however.

    My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

  • @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Perhaps, the Runic Cape would be more pleasing. Easily earned in-game.
    Or, Prince Rurik's Cape was offered at no cost in the Gem Store for Guild Wars' anniversary; it (or another) might be offered at the next anniversary.

    this has absolutely nothing to do with my post? so your answer to the guild cape you earn in game looking like kitten is to just wear something else? great! literally added nothing

    My apologies. My take on the scintillating OP was a lament on capes that could be earned in-game.
    It's now clear that it's a different bee in your bonnet.

    Best of luck.

  • Karaha.3290Karaha.3290 Member ✭✭✭

    @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:
    This isn't an subjective view either, its an objective one.

    That's where you're wrong kiddo.

  • @Karaha.3290 said:

    @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:
    This isn't an subjective view either, its an objective one.

    That's where you're wrong kiddo

    no thats were you wrong buddy, log in and tell me when the last time anyone use this cape? you wont find anyone. sorry not sorry

  • @Donutdude.9582 said:

    @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:
    it looks like absolute trash i can prove it by logging into the game and no one is wearing it.

    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I think you are wrong, however.

    not an opinion its a fact

  • Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I guess it absolutely does have to look like trash. Maybe someone likes it?

  • Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

    The one from strike missions looks nice, can only earn it in game.
    You can't expect something you can get for cheap and immediately after release to look good.

  • Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2020

    Why does it have to be so small. On an Asura its like you are wearing a tissue.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:
    the guild cape look like your character stole a table cloth from the children table to tie around their neck!

    if you have not realised, you ARE wearing a Norn diaper on your back?

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Some of the sub chars on my sub accs are wearing it... I don't think it looks that bad for a free half-cape.

    It's common sense that a freebie cape should not discourage sales of paid-for capes. How else did the devlpmnt team convince their bosses to allow them to work out how to overcome their engine issues to bring in capes.

    (as far as I can tell, all capes look like kitten on charr, so they're an exception. Even stowed weapons look like kitten on them. I guess they weren't able to get it to work for the charr)

  • Karaha.3290Karaha.3290 Member ✭✭✭

    @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

    @Karaha.3290 said:

    @xXMapcoXx.9614 said:
    This isn't an subjective view either, its an objective one.

    That's where you're wrong kiddo

    no thats were you wrong buddy, log in and tell me when the last time anyone use this cape? you wont find anyone. sorry not sorry

    Yesterday, lol...