Meta Warrior WvW Zerg Build?

TuBrown.4510

Suh my dudes,Returning after a long time, but many things have changed (obviously)Was hoping anyone had advise on a good build for large scale zerg v zerg for a warrior? I have full ascended Sentinel's atm but I should probably change that up lol

Went to MetaBattle but saw some conflicting debates on the comments to the builds; any advise would be appreciated, from weapons/armor to skill tree!

Meta is some boring minstrel spellbreaker thing with shouts because hammer damage is now horrendous as well as every utility skill with hard CC and you wouldn't want to run sword other than for mobility. Mace / dagger belong more in PvP than in WvW due to very low target counts on skills.

If you want a semi-enjoyable experience and your server's commanders don't expect anything from you other than Winds of Disenchantment bubbles I'd run full marauder + brawler runes strength or tactics (Warrior's cunning) spellbreaker instead with greatsword/axe+axe or axe+shield. Discipline's Destruction of the Empowered is more or less a must if you want to do damage without slotting Warrior's Cunning.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceFlJwwYWMJ2JO2WavKA-zVRYiRH35RQYlSgJQmhQFFQ3Rgszi+LbA-w

@Infusion.7149 has a good suggestion there. If you don't want to run Spellbreaker and have the fortitude to zerg dive you can swap Spellbreaker for Defense/Tactics for extra sustain, put EP and BS on your bar, and hang out on your warclaw. Pick out a low target in the other zerg, double evade in, pounce, Axe 2 -> 4 -> 5 while blowing EP and BS, swap to GS -> F1 then GS3 ->5 out of the zerg and back to your back line to remount. I spent a long ZvZ fight doing that getting kills each time without dying, grant it this was prior to them nerfing Battle Maul, which was the source of half of the kills from the finish and the AoE downing others prior to the burst.

You can do the same with Berserker, just hit Berserk mode after Axe 5 then swap to GS ->F1 -> Blood Reckoning ->F1 -> GS3->5 on out.

If you time it right you'll survive the dive, if you don't :skull:, just get better at reading the situation. Exploiting blind spots will help you get into the other zerg without being targeted prior to your arrival/departure.

• 2 weeks later...

@TuBrown.4510 said:Suh my dudes,Returning after a long time, but many things have changed (obviously)Was hoping anyone had advise on a good build for large scale zerg v zerg for a warrior? I have full ascended Sentinel's atm but I should probably change that up lol

Went to MetaBattle but saw some conflicting debates on the comments to the builds; any advise would be appreciated, from weapons/armor to skill tree!

Basically whatever, your job is to pop your bubble (Winds of Disenchantment) then basically stand around or shout or do something equally boring cause warriors are god awful in WvW outside of a brief moment.

@"Infusion.7149" said:Meta is some boring minstrel spellbreaker thing with shouts because hammer damage is now horrendous as well as every utility skill with hard CC and you wouldn't want to run sword other than for mobility. Mace / dagger belong more in PvP than in WvW due to very low target counts on skills.

If you want a semi-enjoyable experience and your server's commanders don't expect anything from you other than Winds of Disenchantment bubbles I'd run full marauder + brawler runes strength or tactics (Warrior's cunning) spellbreaker instead with greatsword/axe+axe or axe+shield. Discipline's Destruction of the Empowered is more or less a must if you want to do damage without slotting Warrior's Cunning.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceFlJwwYWMJ2JO2WavKA-zVRYiRH35RQYlSgJQmhQFFQ3Rgszi+LbA-w

I'm really interested on this so I would like to ask you. Currently I have a full marauder armor and I had the intention of using runes of durability on it, for BOTH zerg and roaming, would be better that brawler rune or do I have enough power? Weapons and trinkets are all zerker

For roaming I'm using GS+Dagger/Shield, but what about zerging? I have two ascended axes and also a berserker warhammer, what would be better?

(I also have a berserker gear with scholar for raids so the option of going full glass cannon is always there)

Hammer is better if your squad needs boon rips more often but dagger+shield is far superior for roaming and axes or greatsword is what you want for damage. If break enchantments, full counter with enchantment collapse, and Winds isn't enough then your squad needs to reevaluate their comp.The reason why people run hammer on minstrel warrior is because it doesn't do much damage even when you spec for damage: you use it for CC and boon rip on spellbreaker. The damage on Fierce Blow only works against 3 people and when they don't have stability/stunbreak ; you won't have the ferocity bonus of wielding axes.

For roaming you probably want to run magebane tether, might makes right even after nerfs, and brawler's recovery possibly.

Warrior doesn't really need so much extra health so full marauder + durability is excessive IMO if you're also running a shield. Swapping to marauder+durability on the build linked drops you from 2637 power (before might), 224% crit and ~2.9K armor and ~24.5K health to 2500 power, 220% crit , while having lower armor (2626) and a slightly bigger health pool of 28K. That's about 7% less on crit for marginally better survivability versus conditions and smaller non lethal power damage hits. With 2600+ armor level most of the time the hits will not be that large (i.e. 8k+) unless the person is full glass with might stacks and/or you have vulnerability. Your current berserker setup with approximately 2654 power, 235% crit and 2.6K armor , 23K health would work fine and provide slightly better damage (~5 or 6%).