What I really want to see in the next Living World episode.

galen ubal.2807

In the story step Pantheon of the Wild in Jormag Rising, the Commander gets a great line:

Corrupted Eagle Spirit: So, the Pact Commander comes before me to shoulder my idol. But are you willing to prove yourself worthy?Character name: You are, at least, the twenty-eighth all-powerful entity to ask me that question. So yes. Willing and ready.And that's really cool.The next time someone tells us we have to prove ourselves worthy, to get some help or some information, I'd like to see something like this:Big Powerful Thing: I could tell you how to do (whatever), but first you have to prove your worthin-Character Name: No.BPT: Excuse me?Character Name: I said NO. I have, to date, shot down one Elder Dragon from an airship, then killed another from inside their own mind. Then I killed a fallen God. As that was going on, I was raising a dragon that ended up killing an immortal Lich-King, and becoming an Elder Dragon in her own right. Then she and I chased a fleeing Elder Dragon across realities, and killed that one from within their own soul. I don't have anything to prove to anyone or anything, so tell me what I need to know, right now, or so help me I will make your life seriously unpleasant.BPT: ...alrighty then.

Maybe make it a dialog choice...

I love sass. So yes, I'd love to see this happen however, as a character the Commander is a remarkably humble person - so while it may cross their mind, it's doubtful they would say it. Also, sometimes it's easier just to do the task and move on, everyone is the king of their own little hill.

My main agrees. He'd be like:"Look, I've been proving myself worthy for about 8 years. Go there, kill that. Go over there and save the world. Go there and solve our political problems... Is this really necessary? How about we consider the proving done, you tell me what you know and I can get back to my shiny awesome bloodstone oven and bake cookies?"

@galen ubal.2807 said:In the story step Pantheon of the Wild in Jormag Rising, the Commander gets a great line:

Corrupted Eagle Spirit: So, the Pact Commander comes before me to shoulder my idol. But are you willing to prove yourself worthy?Character name: You are, at least, the twenty-eighth all-powerful entity to ask me that question. So yes. Willing and ready.And that's really cool.The next time someone tells us we have to prove ourselves worthy, to get some help or some information, I'd like to see something like this:Big Powerful Thing: I could tell you how to do (whatever), but first you have to prove your worthin-Character Name: No.BPT: Excuse me?Character Name: I said NO. I have, to date, shot down one Elder Dragon from an airship, then killed another from inside their own mind. Then I killed a fallen God. As that was going on, I was raising a dragon that ended up killing an immortal Lich-King, and becoming an Elder Dragon in her own right. Then she and I chased a fleeing Elder Dragon across realities, and killed that one from within their own soul. I don't have anything to prove to anyone or anything, so tell me what I need to know, right now, or so help me I will make your life
seriously
unpleasant.BPT: ...alrighty then.

Maybe make it a dialog choice...

I would love if all of the people/entities we might talk to would ask if we are prepared to learn how to handle their knowledge/power as though we might not quite understand it yet rather than just trying to get us to prove if we are capable at all. Seems more fitting considering our achievements.

This was by far the best line my character said. I honestly feel that way whenever we encounter yet another world-peace-threatening super powerful villain that appeared out of no-where but somehow was scripted into our story-line from the beginning. My reaction when they announced End of Dragons will perfectly fit into the story and everything we did before was written to just lead to this development: Oh really, again?

I am so glad my character finally reacts in the same way. I would also like to see an Indiana Jones like move (Last Crusade, that 1-shot of the guy with the sword on the market-place) on the next arch villain that claims to kill us for good. Every opponent, every NPC literally treats us like we left the Village of Shaemoor 5 minutes ago, but calls us Commander for some weird reason.

Another detail I really enjoyed, ignoring a comm-call when you are busy. Since Taimi gave us this cursed device, how many unnecessary calls did we have?