Expansion without wvw update?

Yolaus Kriff.3465

How many people who consider themselves wvw players would buy the expansion if they still continue to put out absolutely zero updates or content for us?

Alliances is a joke, several years old. I am personally not inclined to give anet any more money when they 100% neglect the game mode where I spend my time.

I really hoped for some tidbit of info during the anniversary stream to give me hope. Nothing. Why can't any dev even throw us a bone?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Inoki.6048 said:I most certainly will not buy an expansion without WvW content. I’m a semi-PvE player and this game interests me solely for WvW content. Without it I’ll just go with smth else.Says everyone until they see that the expansion bring new elites that will dominate the zerg meta.

I think we're talking people quitting GW2 completely over this, not just continuing to play wvw without the expansion

@Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

@"Inoki.6048" said:I most certainly will not buy an expansion without WvW content. I’m a semi-PvE player and this game interests me solely for WvW content. Without it I’ll just go with smth else.Says everyone until they see that the expansion bring new elites that will dominate the zerg meta.

I think we're talking people quitting GW2 completely over this, not just continuing to play wvw without the expansion

These "people" haven't quit in 8 years w little change to WvW content. I doubt we are going to quit in Cantha.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@"Inoki.6048" said:I most certainly will not buy an expansion without WvW content. I’m a semi-PvE player and this game interests me solely for WvW content. Without it I’ll just go with smth else.Says everyone until they see that the expansion bring new elites that will dominate the zerg meta.

These "people" haven't quit in 8 years w little change to WvW content. I doubt we are going to quit in Cantha.

I've known tons of people, and guilds, that quit wvw in the last few years. Lets not pretend wvw population is the same as it was a few years back. It is different this time because we have had anet promise alliances. And tbh, me and a lot of wvwers don't care about Cantha or dragons so much.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Inoki.6048 said:I most certainly will not buy an expansion without WvW content. I’m a semi-PvE player and this game interests me solely for WvW content. Without it I’ll just go with smth else.Says everyone until they see that the expansion bring new elites that will dominate the zerg meta.

What you're saying may have been the case in the past for most but times change, and after all the years of disappointment and new, promising, entertaining and exciting titles emerging I believe if ANet again let their WvW audience down it could be the last straw.

Let's be honest, how long before people truly get bored of the same maps they can now navigate blindfolded, and new elite specs that, while may introduce a bit of variety into combat, in the end are just that, and it will become the same chore.

@Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

I've known tons of people, and guilds, that quit wvw in the last few years. Lets not pretend wvw population is the same as it was a few years back. It is different this time because we have had anet promise alliances. And tbh, me and a lot of wvwers don't care about Cantha or dragons so much.

Yeah. Every single game players quit. Lets not pretend all these players and guilds quit because of stagnant WvW. Many will quit before and after expansion for 100 different reasons. You just think everyone is like you and now go we will quit and we don't care about pve or dragons. I know plenty who play WvW and Pve and PvP etc etc. Easily 1000's of players WvW so all these WvW that you think will quit are a drop in the bucket. Buy the expansion or not but stop thinking you are a majority when most likely us WvW players are the minority.

@Jilora.9524 said:

Yeah. Every single game players quit. Lets not pretend all these players and guilds quit because of stagnant WvW. Many will quit before and after expansion for 100 different reasons. You just think everyone is like you and now go we will quit and we don't care about pve or dragons. I know plenty who play WvW and Pve and PvP etc etc. Easily 1000's of players WvW so all these WvW that you think will quit are a drop in the bucket. Buy the expansion or not but stop thinking you are a majority when most likely us WvW players are the minority.

I'm very aware WvW players are not the majority. There are plenty of once-a-week wvw players, but this post isn't for them. This is why this post is in the WvW section. No, the majority of players may not care, but I'm betting the majority of commanders, WvW-focused guilds, and people who spend most of their game time in WvW DO care. I have personally known lots of WvW guilds and commanders that have left. Sometimes the minority actually matters, when they are the once creating content.

@Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

I'm very aware WvW players are not the majority. There are plenty of once-a-week wvw players, but this post isn't for them. This is why this post is in the WvW section. No, the majority of players may not care, but I'm betting the majority of commanders, WvW-focused guilds, and people who spend most of their game time in WvW DO care. I have personally known lots of WvW guilds and commanders that have left. Sometimes the minority actually matters, when they are the once creating content.

Yes we all know players and guilds who left and I know plenty who leave come back or new players who play now. It's the way it is. 8 years. How many stay in any game for 8 years straight nvm just play the same mode. By Cantha it'll be close to 10. What's it 3 years ago alliances were mentioned. Still tons play waiting. I just don't think the one's who will quit with no WvW update for Cantha will matter as so many GW players will return because of Cantha and enter WvW. There's already been a pole where 65 percent don't even care if alliances get added. I can't imagine the amount that leave over no new Wvw content matters and even the one's that say now they will leave probably won't cause that's easy to say until Cantha is releasing. We will see I guess

@"Yolaus Kriff.3465" said:I really hoped for some tidbit of info during the anniversary stream to give me hope. Nothing. Why can't any dev even throw us a bone?Any bone they throw at us(the wvw community) is quickly devoured because we are like a pack of hungry dogs, and then we want more and turn on them when they don't have any other bones. What was the last big thing they did for us...links right? How many people complain about that now? The thing before that...reward tracks and pips. Aren't there people constantly posting about making those better because they "suck"? Okay then let's go farther back....the desert borderland. The thing they actually spent lots of time on packaged with HoT and guess what, a lot of the community bitched to high hell saying it needed to be deleted. Why would they make ANYTHING for us at this point? Lots of the WvW community have repeatedly spit on what they have done for us(or even tried to do)so I don't think they want to touch WvW at all and cannot REALLY be blamed for it at this point.

@"Dinas Dragonbane.2978" i mean, originally desert border was described to be way worse than it is nowadays, it got a workover to fix it (people said, thats ages before my time.)

also: no new map with PoF, only a bad addition with the warclaw.

idk about the old discussions there as well, but i definitely think unlinked as base for all servers would be better, notsure what benefits having mixed up rosters always again gives.

the few changes u talk about is the stuff they changed in a extremly long time peroid. "Why would they make ANYTHING for us at this point? " is invalid, since they kinda give us the equality of nothing anyways. the whole skillbalance thingy is happening what, half yearish? and without any real plan about the meta, likely

plus u ignore mastergrade style how they never explained themselves about what the AGES AGO announced "alliances / world restucturation" update kept so long from been released. or if it just got dropped because reasons.

now they even built a new fractal inbetween lol, as well as a load of icebrood saga maps

If I were an WvW exclusive player, with a declining group of people I know to play with, I should probably leave the game ... but I am not.I am a "casual player" in the best possible sense theses days, who still enjoys the game on my terms:I don't go for every meta and collection in PvE and can still have fun with (most) of the content.I stopped PvP (when PoF came out), because I just can't keep up (and want to) with highly specialized builds.I play my way of roaming in WvW, when I can muster a few hours in a row to annoy the enemy behind his own lines or to keep a foothold on an enemy map.That's enough for me, mostly because I am too lazy to find another game that is as good or better than GW2.

I have serious doubts Anet will revitalize WvW with the new expansion. Perhaps core mechanics of the expansion (gliding came with HoT, warclaw with PoF) will spill over to WvW. I don't think we will get anything big with launch. Anet can not keep my hopes up, after having seen how they supported WvW in the past. Alliance is vapor ware as far as I am concerned and from what they have teased years ago, I don't think that it would add something back to the game we have lost when they killed server identity with mega servers and linking servers in WvW.

There isn't even a slight chance that I'd buy the expansion, even with a 'WvW content' upgrade (promises, promises) - simply because of the current state of things. Content aside, even IF they had a set of servers that could actually RUN the bloated, decade-old engine without mass disconnects and huge lag, then you're still dealing with the hacking, exploits, bots, and other crap that run rampant...not to mention the cross-server trolling, parking alts on BL's/ridiculous queues, and numerous other picky things like having mounts that move slower than a charr in travel... Without fixing basic bits first, pouring sparkles on a pile of dog poo doesn't really warrant opening my wallet.

Frankly, I'm falling off the bandwagon.....used to like the game, and was a 5-6x/week player, but it's really lost it's appeal as of late; pretty much down to 1-2x/week now.....Anet doesn't seem to care about addressing any actual issues, just releasing more glittery crap in the gem store.... Fair enough....there's plenty of other amusing titles on the market, so I'm not torn up about it. Will probably be done with it before the new year.

@Jilora.9524 said:

Maybe not mass walkouts but people do quit over time. I have lost quite a few friends and guildlies in less than two years. Many are not online for more than a year now >.> As for myself, i have mentioned in another thread that I have been playing nothing but WvW for many years and since April or May this year, I have quit WvW. Totally. I am still playing GW2 but quitting WvW is a good start to totally quitting this game lol

@Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

@"Yolaus Kriff.3465" said:I really hoped for some tidbit of info during the anniversary stream to give me hope. Nothing. Why can't any dev even throw us a bone?Any bone they throw at us(the wvw community) is quickly devoured because we are like a pack of hungry dogs, and then we want more and turn on them when they don't have any other bones. What was the last big thing they did for us...links right? How many people complain about that now? The thing before that...reward tracks and pips. Aren't there people constantly posting about making those better because they "suck"? Okay then let's go farther back....the desert borderland. The thing they actually spent lots of time on packaged with HoT and guess what, a lot of the community kitten to high hell saying it needed to be deleted. Why would they make ANYTHING for us at this point? Lots of the WvW community have repeatedly spit on what they have done for us(or even tried to do)so I don't think they want to touch WvW at all and cannot REALLY be blamed for it at this point.

I have to agree a lot with this.. and also add to it by bringing up the Warclaw as well XD

It's disappointing really, i'm definitely not a big WvW player but I do enjoy the mode more these days and mostly do my dailies there.I would very much like a new WvW map more than anything at this point and I really hope one will come with the next expansion although I have to admit I am not going to get my hopes up too high because of literally everything you said lol