Map events cycle/schedule

Khalisto.5780

I thought they meant on local maps they are on. If not already set, in Options turn on Content Guide. There should be a compass it top right of screen that points to the nearest event.

This is already very helpful, will this overwrite the map completion arrow?

having timers on non-meta non-worldboss, regular events would be hard to have on a tracker since they vary greatly per zone instance, per pre-required event cleared-time (if applicable -- also some events have no time/countdown and can stall forever unless completed), etc.

though some events are pretty regular and occur within 10~15 minutes each time regardless if the last one failed or cleared but would still vary by zone instance.

my suggestion is when looking out for events, have your minimap as big as you are comfortable with and zoom it out fully, that way when an event is nearby you can easily see where it is on you minimap (some events show up on the minimap far away but not on the full map)

I thought they meant on local maps they are on. If not already set, in Options turn on Content Guide. There should be a compass it top right of screen that points to the nearest event.

I'm pretty sure map completion is part of the content guide compass.

You get a silhouette in gold/yellow of a running person in the direction of unmapped content. I don't think this is shown on the mini-map. I can't find an image of this on the wiki, so will get that sorted.

You get a silhouette in gold/yellow of a running person in the direction of unmapped content. I don't think this is shown on the mini-map. I can't find an image of this on the wiki, so will get that sorted.

Thanks, it's been a while since I did map completion, ?

Thanks, it's been a while since I did map completion, ?

Just found out that the icon thing (I'm not sure it's an icon) IS shown on the mini-map.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_completion#Commonly_missed_areas