holo leap and sowrd 3 go previous target ?

Evidev.3046

Clicking the ground doesn't cancel target, only deselect it. It remains the valid target for any skills for 1-2sec. Its like this because otherwise stealth skills would stop your queued skills from casting just because the enemy disappeared.

Presumably you're trying to use a leap skill to get away from an enemy, which isn't what they're meant for. Escaping from enemies is better using ground-targetted skills like teleports, or anything with a directional targetting. If you must use a player-targetted skill without lag or queueing to affect it, select an ally player, NPC, yellow mob or some kind of object instead.

You can also stop the leap from being queued by using some cancel skill before it, like a heal skill (#6).

• Like 1

@Hannelore.8153 said:Clicking the ground doesn't cancel target, only deselect it. It remains the valid target for any skills for 1-2sec. Its like this because otherwise stealth skills would stop your queued skills from casting just because the enemy disappeared.

Presumably you're trying to use a leap skill to get away from an enemy, which isn't what they're meant for. Escaping from enemies is better using ground-targetted skills like teleports, or anything with a directional targetting. If you must use a player-targetted skill without lag or queueing to affect it, select an ally player, NPC, yellow mob or some kind of object instead.

You can also stop the leap from being queued by using some cancel skill before it, like a heal skill (#6).

Here I was just thinking I thought I deselected when I just need to give it 1-2 seconds. Helpful info

• 9 months later...

I lure out a group of guards at WVW. Then as some retreat in and I start to engage. My hs targets previous target. And that as result instead of intended 1v3 I jumped into situation of 1v6. I died a few times. This is not a one off. It needs to attack nearest one not the furthest. The rotations is difficult and I still have to manually click whom to attack. Don't think I get this problem with other classes, now I cannot trust the hs with this simplest task he'll just jump the wrong guy and mess up. A fixing is appreciated.

Edited by medivh.4725