[Suggestion] Selectable Character Select Screen Themes

Hi,

I kind of miss the Core GW2 Character Select music sometimes, so was wondering if it'd be technically possible, to suggest that players can select the theme to their character select screen. It'd basically give options for the background and music. Could also perhaps not only include Core, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire themes, but maybe also SAB, Mad King and Wintersday themes as well?

Thanks. :)

@Astralporing.1957 said:Good idea. Especially seeing how messed up and hideous is the lighting in the current char select screen.

Exactly! I had made several threads on behalf of this, but so far there has been no reaction from ANet. I hope we won't be stuck with that awful orange lighting and the covered feet till the release of the next expansion... that would be terrible.

@Cosminion.5042 said:There's a way to add custom music to the game, triggered by certain events or going to certain places. There's some youtube videos showing you how, it's not that hard.

Thanks for the advice, but that doesn't help with my suggestion. You're talking about having your own music collection play during ambient/combat scenarios. Nothing to do with the title screen and the original score of the title screen, nor the background art of it for that matter.

I know that I'm copying ideas from other MMOs, but why not just change the background depending on where the character is currently located? Just like in the character icons. So the ones that logged out in PoF get the desert background, ones who are in Shiverpeaks get icy mountain background, etc.

It wouldn't even require a lot of new art, because the old pre-PoF backgrounds could be used.

Archived