Sunqua Peak - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Lore

Sunqua Peak

2>

Comments

  • I'm mostly just sore that you don't get the ability to give the letters to the boss and see the wrapup scene to the story unless you're doing it on challenge mode. I have a small group of friends that play GW2 and they're all very casual, and while we can get through t1 fractals just fine it's hard to get a full group of them together at a regular time to progress, most are interested in just having fun playing instead of doing meta builds and higher tiers, etc. so I know there's no way we'd ever be able to do the CM ourselves.

    There's no reason the boss needs to only be named on the CM or you can only give her the letters for the story ending scene on the CM, considering you can gather them even on t1. It's gonna leave a lot of people with a sense of disjointedness/incompleteness and most aren't even going to know there's more to be seen, much less how to access it or where to look for it. Keep exclusive rewards bound to the CM, that's fine, but people of all tiers should be able to see the full story.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bast.7253 said:
    So you're saying that the elements are in disorder because Ai has corrupted them with whatever has a hold on her?

    Makes sense to me. The anger inside of her.

    I hadn't realize this was Ai, by the way, because she did not look like a non-warrior and because she looks like a Norn in her current state - I've only played the fractal once in Tier 1, but someone explained to me that in CM there is more dialogue that explains her motives better.

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020

    I’ll be soooooo annoyed if they actually bring back the plague. The scarab plague plot was already badly done. I don’t need a repeat of that. Using a fake affliction as an excuse for genocide might work as some background history though.

    Edit: I think I had multiple tabs open and this comment was intended for a different thread. Whoops.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So sounds like the grave stone dates in sunqua were intentional... very odd...

  • @Tyson.5160 said:
    So sounds like the grave stone dates in sunqua were intentional... very odd...

    I disagree. The way he responded sounded less like confirming it's deliberate, and more of being caught with an error when they spent the past hour talking about finding and fixing errors throughout development.

    I'm expecting a text fix sneaking into the next patch.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • EdwinLi.1284EdwinLi.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2020

    Either way I expect the Ministry of Purity, or atleast a certain faction from within, to be one of the antagonist or THE antagonist for Cantha expansion.

    For some reason I am getting a strange Wind of Change feeling if the Ministry of Purity are allies early in Cantha Expansion, or atleast in the beginning when we first arrive, something happens that causes the anti-Xeno faction to justify arresting the Commander and cutting the Commander and his/her allies from the others and trapping them in Cantha until the Cantha Expansion storyline is resolved with the death of who ever leads this Anti-Xeno Faction.

    Of course if they have the Anti-Xeno Faction show their hands right in the beginning and successfully arrest the commander and his/her allies, it would be interesting if they separate the Commander from his/her allies thus early parts of the story focus on the Commander finding new allies before he/she can rescue or meet up with his/her current allies that are now captured or in hiding. However, I fear if they go down this path they may kill off a member or two current existing characters because of the Anti-Xeno Faction tortured them to death or near death by the time we find them.

    Still it will be quite the, I don't know what to really call it but, irony if the Ministry of Purity ally , and probably new member to Dragon's Watch, who support opening up Cantha, wants to change Cantha's Xenophobic ways, and aid the commander against the Anti-Xeno Faction ends up being Zei Ri's descendent.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So sounds like the grave stone dates in sunqua were intentional... very odd...

    I disagree. The way he responded sounded less like confirming it's deliberate, and more of being caught with an error when they spent the past hour talking about finding and fixing errors throughout development.

    I'm expecting a text fix sneaking into the next patch.

    I mean even if you slap a 1 in front of the numbers the times still don’t make sense...

  • @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So sounds like the grave stone dates in sunqua were intentional... very odd...

    I disagree. The way he responded sounded less like confirming it's deliberate, and more of being caught with an error when they spent the past hour talking about finding and fixing errors throughout development.

    I'm expecting a text fix sneaking into the next patch.

    I mean even if you slap a 1 in front of the numbers the times still don’t make sense...

    It does if you then increase the tens place by 2. Hence why my question was "seemingly off by 1020 years". Adding 1020 years would make Li Bo's death the same year as the final letter, which makes sense, and Lan's death two years later.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2020

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So sounds like the grave stone dates in sunqua were intentional... very odd...

    I disagree. The way he responded sounded less like confirming it's deliberate, and more of being caught with an error when they spent the past hour talking about finding and fixing errors throughout development.

    I'm expecting a text fix sneaking into the next patch.

    I mean even if you slap a 1 in front of the numbers the times still don’t make sense...

    It does if you then increase the tens place by 2. Hence why my question was "seemingly off by 1020 years". Adding 1020 years would make Li Bo's death the same year as the final letter, which makes sense, and Lan's death two years later.

    Are they going off the wrong calendar?

    It also pisses me off, because what’s the kitten point about talking Lore and theories when the goal posts constantly shift and move and have no grounding, as well as simple mistakes of checking dates...

    Seems rather pointless to have any discussion about this when the Lore house is built on a foundation of sand, rather rock.

  • @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So sounds like the grave stone dates in sunqua were intentional... very odd...

    I disagree. The way he responded sounded less like confirming it's deliberate, and more of being caught with an error when they spent the past hour talking about finding and fixing errors throughout development.

    I'm expecting a text fix sneaking into the next patch.

    I mean even if you slap a 1 in front of the numbers the times still don’t make sense...

    It does if you then increase the tens place by 2. Hence why my question was "seemingly off by 1020 years". Adding 1020 years would make Li Bo's death the same year as the final letter, which makes sense, and Lan's death two years later.

    Are they going off the wrong calendar?

    It also pisses me off, because what’s the kitten point about talking Lore and theories when the goal posts constantly shift and move and have no grounding, as well as simple mistakes of checking dates...

    Seems rather pointless to have any discussion about this when the Lore house is built on a foundation of sand, rather rock.

    There's no calendar that's 1020 years off. Dynastic Reckoning is +200 years off of Mouvelian, and Canthan Calendar is +510 years off of Mouvelian (so DR is +310 years from CC).

    It's a very weird typo, which I imagine came from them originally making the dates 20 years earlier and typo'd the missing 1, but later changed to match GW2W's timeline for Usoku's campaign and forgot to fix the date.

    That, or in their "delete and remake assets", they had to recreate that text and were off after typing them in for the x amount of times.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2020

    @EdwinLi.1284 said:
    Either way I expect the Ministry of Purity, or atleast a certain faction from within, to be one of the antagonist or THE antagonist for Cantha expansion.

    Absolutely. Devs don't spend all this build up in GW1, and references in GW2, constantly hammering i nthe fact that "yes, the Ministry of Purity are evil, xenophobic, genocidal, warmongers" and then not do anything with it. If not the expansion then the associated Canthan LW season/saga at least.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @EdwinLi.1284 said:
    Either way I expect the Ministry of Purity, or atleast a certain faction from within, to be one of the antagonist or THE antagonist for Cantha expansion.

    Absolutely. Devs don't spend all this build up in GW1, and references in GW2, constantly hammering i nthe fact that "yes, the Ministry of Purity are evil, xenophobic, genocidal, warmongers" and then not do anything with it. If not the expansion then the associated Canthan LW season/saga at least.

    They do seem to remind us about the MoP with the recent fractal as well, so I would be disappointed if they didn’t have a presence in the plot of EoD.

  • EdwinLi.1284EdwinLi.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2020

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @EdwinLi.1284 said:
    Either way I expect the Ministry of Purity, or atleast a certain faction from within, to be one of the antagonist or THE antagonist for Cantha expansion.

    Absolutely. Devs don't spend all this build up in GW1, and references in GW2, constantly hammering i nthe fact that "yes, the Ministry of Purity are evil, xenophobic, genocidal, warmongers" and then not do anything with it. If not the expansion then the associated Canthan LW season/saga at least.

    I honestly, also expect atleast a Elite Spec for Cantha expansion that is also influenced by the Ministry of Purity.

    Being a bunch of anti-Xeno people, or at least a certain faction, I expect maybe a new Warrior or Guardain Elite Spec that is about Purging the lands of enemies.

    After all it would be a interesting off-hand Pistol Elite Spec for Warrior and Guardian or at least a Rifle Elite Spec for Guardian. Modern issues with purging requires modern solutions and a spirit of a Space marine...I mean a Soldier from the Ministry of Purity to scream for the Emperor while calling your enemies Xeno scum.

  • @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    and more of being caught with an error

    I don't think I would describe it as "caught with an error" since, as Ruby said, they had time to look over the questions asked. Why would they choose it to answer? Granted, I'm not convinced its not an error but not 100% that it is also.

  • Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2020

    @EdwinLi.1284 said:

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @EdwinLi.1284 said:
    Either way I expect the Ministry of Purity, or atleast a certain faction from within, to be one of the antagonist or THE antagonist for Cantha expansion.

    Absolutely. Devs don't spend all this build up in GW1, and references in GW2, constantly hammering i nthe fact that "yes, the Ministry of Purity are evil, xenophobic, genocidal, warmongers" and then not do anything with it. If not the expansion then the associated Canthan LW season/saga at least.

    I honestly, also expect atleast a Elite Spec for Cantha expansion that is also influenced by the Ministry of Purity.

    Being a bunch of anti-Xeno people, or at least a certain faction, I expect maybe a new Warrior or Guardain Elite Spec that is about Purging the lands of enemies.

    After all it would be a interesting off-hand Pistol Elite Spec for Warrior and Guardian or at least a Rifle Elite Spec for Guardian. Modern issues with purging requires modern solutions and a spirit of a Space marine...I mean a Soldier from the Ministry of Purity to scream for the Emperor while calling your enemies Xeno scum.

    They do mention The Seven Canthan Spears order in the Canthan royal military in one of the letters in the fractal, so maybe we'll get some kind of land-spear elite spec or mastery.

  • EdwinLi.1284EdwinLi.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2020

    @Poormany.4507 said:

    @EdwinLi.1284 said:

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @EdwinLi.1284 said:
    Either way I expect the Ministry of Purity, or atleast a certain faction from within, to be one of the antagonist or THE antagonist for Cantha expansion.

    Absolutely. Devs don't spend all this build up in GW1, and references in GW2, constantly hammering i nthe fact that "yes, the Ministry of Purity are evil, xenophobic, genocidal, warmongers" and then not do anything with it. If not the expansion then the associated Canthan LW season/saga at least.

    I honestly, also expect atleast a Elite Spec for Cantha expansion that is also influenced by the Ministry of Purity.

    Being a bunch of anti-Xeno people, or at least a certain faction, I expect maybe a new Warrior or Guardain Elite Spec that is about Purging the lands of enemies.

    After all it would be a interesting off-hand Pistol Elite Spec for Warrior and Guardian or at least a Rifle Elite Spec for Guardian. Modern issues with purging requires modern solutions and a spirit of a Space marine...I mean a Soldier from the Ministry of Purity to scream for the Emperor while calling your enemies Xeno scum.

    They do mention The Seven Canthan Spears order in the Canthan royal military in one of the letters in the fractal, so maybe we'll get some kind of land-spear elite spec or mastery.

    The name Seven Canthan Spears for the Royal Guards is more of a metaphor to what they represent than what type of weapon they use.

    They are most likely called the Seven Canthan Spears because these Seven are considered the spearhead of the Emperor's and Minitry of Purity's ambitions when something needs to be done along with being the strongest within Cantha's forces.

    Always leading the charge in the most crucial moments and operations just like a spear in a charge.

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svennis.3852 said:
    During the live stream too the host, Rubi Bayer, did specifically mention that the peak was fractured/floating because weird kitten happens when locations/moments in history are pulled from the real world into the Mists.

    Edit: They did mention the fractal was about quelling the elementals (water, wind, fire, maybe earth) on the mountain, so I doubt we'll see any Ministry or DSD minions (though something they did could be what caused the imbalance).

    wait wait wait, the places are being pulled INTO the mists? As in places like the top of Sunqua Peak, Deepstone, Siren's Reef Island, etc are no longer on tyria? I was always under the impression fractals were copies of moments in time and that the real world places still existed

    I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    @Fenom.9457 said:

    @Svennis.3852 said:
    During the live stream too the host, Rubi Bayer, did specifically mention that the peak was fractured/floating because weird kitten happens when locations/moments in history are pulled from the real world into the Mists.

    Edit: They did mention the fractal was about quelling the elementals (water, wind, fire, maybe earth) on the mountain, so I doubt we'll see any Ministry or DSD minions (though something they did could be what caused the imbalance).

    wait wait wait, the places are being pulled INTO the mists? As in places like the top of Sunqua Peak, Deepstone, Siren's Reef Island, etc are no longer on tyria? I was always under the impression fractals were copies of moments in time and that the real world places still existed

    I mean it figuratively, not literally. That moment in time was "pulled into" the mists, and so we can relive it. But the reflection of that moment we see in the mists is fragmented/imperfect, accounting for the mountain being disjointed floating parts (unless Ai was powerful enough to truly fracture the mountain, but I doubt it). I'm sure if we visit Sunqua Peak in the expansion, it will look quite different and intact.