Massive fps drops

Hey guys,It's like 4 - 5 days when I start to get massive lag spikes. Every 2-3 seconds my fps drop to 1 and after couple of seconds go back to 50. At this state it's unplayable for me. It doesnt matter if there 100 or 0 players around me or if I have maxed details or low.I tried dx1w, repair and reinstall game. Doesn't help a bit.Does anyone have any solution or a tip?Last thing I can do is reinstall pc.

Thanks

@Blodgarn.5204 said:Hey guys,It's like 4 - 5 days when I start to get massive lag spikes. Every 2-3 seconds my fps drop to 1 and after couple of seconds go back to 50. At this state it's unplayable for me. It doesnt matter if there 100 or 0 players around me or if I have maxed details or low.I tried dx1w, repair and reinstall game. Doesn't help a bit.Does anyone have any solution or a tip?Last thing I can do is reinstall pc.

Thanks

Hi, can you check your CPU & GPU temps under load and report back

@Blodgarn.5204 said:I tried dx1w, repair and reinstall game. Doesn't help a bit.Does anyone have any solution or a tip?

It must be a system issue. But since you did not post your specs, it is hard to make an educated guess (remote diagnostics are difficult in general).

• Could it be an overheating issue? (Have you checked your hardware's temps?)
  • Are you overclocking?
  • Did you run a RAM check (memory test)? A disk check (chkdsk)? A System File Check (sfc /scannow)?

• 4 weeks later...

i have the same problems with fps i have a really good pc and i am telling you , i was surprised when my fps went between 10-20.i tried to lower my graphs to see if it was the problem but nothing change ..... idk what to do and i dont think its my pc fault (i am saying that coz 1 year ago i was playing with a shitty pc and had more than 60 fps)

@"Skalvod.3654" said:i have the same problems with fps i have a really good pc and i am telling you , i was surprised when my fps went between 10-20.i tried to lower my graphs to see if it was the problem but nothing change ..... idk what to do and i dont think its my pc fault (i am saying that coz 1 year ago i was playing with a kitten pc and had more than 60 fps)

Define "really good PC", what are the exact specs? IT's a good idea when asking for help for technical issues to provide detailed specs of your system, otherwise there is no way to help

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Skalvod.3654" said:i have the same problems with fps i have a really good pc and i am telling you , i was surprised when my fps went between 10-20.i tried to lower my graphs to see if it was the problem but nothing change ..... idk what to do and i dont think its my pc fault (i am saying that coz 1 year ago i was playing with a kitten pc and had more than 60 fps)

Define "really good PC", what are the exact specs? IT's a good idea when asking for help for technical issues to provide detailed specs of your system, otherwise there is no way to help

Processor :Intel Core i5-9400 FGraphics cARD: nvidia GEfORCE gtx 1660motherboard:Prime H370-PlusRAM:8.00 GB

Thank you for answeing to my problem and if you want something more from my pc, plz tell me as i had no idea what to post to help you find a solution ,

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Is your monitor connected to your motherboard or your GPU? The spikes seem more to do with the CPU but may as well eliminate other potential causes. This was the cause for someone’s FPS issues a few months ago.

F Processors do not have a integrated GPU so the possibility of that can be ruled out.

@Skalvod.3654 said:Processor :Intel Core i5-9400 FGraphics cARD: nvidia GEfORCE gtx 1660motherboard:Prime H370-PlusRAM:8.00 GB

Thank you for answeing to my problem and if you want something more from my pc, plz tell me as i had no idea what to post to help you find a solution ,

My first question would be to check your RAM usage, if you have Windows 10, 8 GB of RAM isn't exactly state of the art, so check if your RAM usage goes over 80% while playing Guild Wars 2

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Is your monitor connected to your motherboard or your GPU? The spikes seem more to do with the CPU but may as well eliminate other potential causes. This was the cause for someone’s FPS issues a few months ago.

F Processors do not have a integrated GPU so the possibility of that can be ruled out.

Ah. I didn’t know that about that particular series.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Skalvod.3654 said:Processor :Intel Core i5-9400 FGraphics cARD: nvidia GEfORCE gtx 1660motherboard:Prime H370-PlusRAM:8.00 GB

My first question would be to check your RAM usage, if you have Windows 10, 8 GB of RAM isn't exactly state of the art, so check if your RAM usage goes over 80% while playing Guild Wars 2

So i just checked on it and it reached between (only when i have open gw2 ) 50-60% . The drop on fps is still the same :( .Also thank you again for trying to help me :)!

@Teratus.2859 said:You sure it's FPS drop and not just lag spikes?Lots of us are having lag issues the past few months which is nothing to do with our systems, Gw2 used to run perfectly fine for me until around June ish, then it started becoming unplayable in areas.

The same happended to me . I used to play the game perfectly with no lags ,and sunddenly i have massive fps drops . At firsy i thought it was my pc fault but i can play other games just fine .Warzone and witcher 3 for example, i can play them with no problem .

@Skalvod.3654 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:You sure it's FPS drop and not just lag spikes?Lots of us are having lag issues the past few months which is nothing to do with our systems, Gw2 used to run perfectly fine for me until around June ish, then it started becoming unplayable in areas.

The same happended to me . I used to play the game perfectly with no lags ,and sunddenly i have massive fps drops . At firsy i thought it was my pc fault but i can play other games just fine .Warzone and witcher 3 for example, i can play them with no problem .

Yeah it sucks but nothing we can do about it.. aside from take a break from the game which is kinda what i've been doing.I'm back a bit for some halloween fun but the lag still makes me limit my playtime.

I've no issues with other games though, just Gw2 seems to be the problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...

@Skalvod.3654 said:

@Skalvod.3654 said:i have the same problems with fps i have a really good pc and i am telling you , i was surprised when my fps went between 10-20.i tried to lower my graphs to see if it was the problem but nothing change ..... idk what to do and i dont think its my pc fault (i am saying that coz 1 year ago i was playing with a kitten pc and had more than 60 fps)

Processor :Intel Core i5-9400 FGraphics cARD: nvidia GEfORCE gtx 1660motherboard:Prime H370-PlusRAM:8.00 GB

8GB RAM (Probably DDR3 too) doesn't cut it. Upgrade your system, it's old.

@bluegoon.6918 said:

@Skalvod.3654 said:i have the same problems with fps i have a really good pc and i am telling you , i was surprised when my fps went between 10-20.i tried to lower my graphs to see if it was the problem but nothing change ..... idk what to do and i dont think its my pc fault (i am saying that coz 1 year ago i was playing with a kitten pc and had more than 60 fps)

Old system? Both 9400F and gtx 1660 are from 2019, very capable CPU/GPU. 9400F supports only DDR4 so it's impossible to have DDR3.Since the PC is adequately powerful the most likely reason for low fps is the current server issues. But it shouldn't drop below 20fps on most core maps

@bluegoon.6918 said:

His system is old but 8gb should be sufficient enough. Say windows take about 1gb,vid card takes 1.5gb,leaves enough room for the game.

I'd say remove local.dat ( It holds files like a cache that builds up over time in size ) located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 and do a repair on the client with adding /repair on your games shortcut commandline parameter.