Pre patch notes — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Pre patch notes

Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guessing tomorrows patch if there is one has no significant balance changes due to lack of pre patch notes. Good stuff.

Comments

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2020

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Guessing tomorrows patch if there is one has no significant balance changes due to lack of pre patch notes. Good stuff.

there will be a new fractal, and they never release balance update along with "big" pve updates

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@KrHome.1920 said:
    Only minor changes. One is:

Thief

• Backstab: Removed the increased damage when the target is hit from behind in PvP only.

I wouldn't call the changes only minor, stealth being removed and replaced with visability mechanic which highlights the thief to make it more identifiable in all situations seem like a pretty hefty change to me especially given the movement de buff that comes with it.

• @KrHome.1920 said:

Thief

• Backstab: Removed the increased damage when the target is hit from behind in PvP only.

Im sorry what? The entire concept of the skill is to get behind(B A C K stab) to get more value and they removed it? Should they jus rename the skill to "Stab"? :)

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

That was only a joke based on the recent threads. Calm down folks! ;)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/114352/backstab-is-trash-buff-it
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/114445/follow-up-to-my-original-post-the-death-of-thief/p1

To add something substantial: I also do not expect significant changes tomorrow. But who knows... it's anet.

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

Spoiler

Mesmer

• Mirage Cloak duration increased to 5 seconds.
  • darren.1064darren.1064 Member ✭✭✭

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

Thief

I wouldn't call the changes only minor, stealth being removed and replaced with visability mechanic which highlights the thief to make it more identifiable in all situations seem like a pretty hefty change to me especially given the movement de buff that comes with it.

wait is that a real thing happening?

• @darren.1064 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

Thief

wait is that a real thing happening?

Lol no I just took homes joke further

• Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kachros.4751 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

Thief

Im sorry what? The entire concept of the skill is to get behind(B A C K stab) to get more value and they removed it? Should they jus rename the skill to "Stab"? :)

That's coming in 6 years r with the hotfix

• If no balance comes this month ill be taking another 3 month break

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@FrownyClown.8402 said:
    If no balance comes this month ill be taking another 3 month break

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2020

@Tayga.3192 said:
    Spoiler

Mesmer

• Mirage Cloak duration increased to 5 seconds.

That is fair. It will have 100% uptime as it was always supposed to be. After all it is a mirage. You are not supposed to be able to hit it.

I think we should do one more change so the meta is fully balanced. Guardian MoS CD is 0.25 sec. Traited, CD is removed. The only limitation would be how fast you can spam the button.

• Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2020

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

there will be a new fractal, and they never release balance update along with "big" pve updates

They ONLY do balance patches when we get pve patches now. CmC has barely any control, I'd be surprised if he is officially working on PvP/WvW anymore.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

They ONLY do balance patches when we get pve patches now. CmC has barely any control, I'd be surprised if he is officially working on PvP/WvW anymore.

I meant they never release balance patches along new pve content, like fractals or living world episodes

Forums is hard these days you gotta explain everything in details to not be misundertood

• Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I meant they never release balance patches along new pve content, like fractals or living world episodes

Forums is hard these days you gotta explain everything in details to not be misundertood

Jormag rising came with a balance patch.

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Wouldn't it be funny if they booted him cause he managed to fix WvW in a hot fix patch and opened the door for different comps instead of scourge wars, but the guy who does the scourge changes is higher up and is pissed.