No "kp" for CM fractals. Is that gonna increase toxicity?

Fir.7932

I am away from home, so I don't know how it works now but as far as I understand, devs removed old CM kill proves (you can no longer get them) and added new ones that cannot be pinged since they are currency.

My question is, how do you think it's gonna effect the CMs+T4 groups.

I am pretty scared of this because most of the time you can clearly see a huge difference between like 500kp guy and 150kp and the lower you go the worse players are. For some of us, it's just better to wait longer in lfg to get tryhard ppl and go for quick no healer clears, especially for ppl who have power qfb but no healer build. But you cannot do that with low skilled players who dont have dmg for such clears, means you can carry them and be annoyed by the fact or kick them after first boss which is something, that should be prevented. I am pretty sure ppl will find some sort of kp like tonics or something, but removing the old ones is not a good move imho. Game needs some kind of telling how experienced players are.

Edit: Another thing that i find kinda annoying is, that you get 120 of the new Cosmic currency for one clear. Converting is 1kp for 5 currency. In average you've got like 2kp per run, so we should get 10-15 currency for one full run or the old kp should be valued around 60 new currency for 1kp, which is 12 times more, that what we are actually getting.. I know that this not such a big deal, but it kinda feels like all of those saved kp's lost on their value, because now you can get substitute for them 12 times easier and those infusions and tonics you can get in like 4 runs instead of weeks. It doesn't bother me that much, but I still feel kinda cheated by this exchange rate that I do not understand.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

@Oldyoung.6109 said:KP was never a indicator of skill it was and always will be just a tool for people to be discriminatory.

It gives an estimate on someone’s potential skill with whatever awarded that particular KP.

and it could always be bought spoofed or carried for.

You couldn't buy the Cosmic Essences, only way to get it was doing old CM100 (Shattered Observatory) last boss dropped it. There were still ways to cheat through, but ppl generally didn't do that, and if did it is easily recognizable, and that also created toxicity. What about discrimination.. Yes, maybe it creates "discrimination", but it is a fair type of discrimination in my opinion. That was the whole point of it, to let same skilled players play together.

@Armen.1483 said:

@Oldyoung.6109 said:KP was never a indicator of skill it was and always will be just a tool for people to be discriminatory.

It gives an estimate on someone’s potential skill with whatever awarded that particular KP.

You couldn't buy the Cosmic Essences, only way to get it was doing old CM100 (Shattered Observatory) last boss dropped it. There were still ways to cheat through, but ppl generally didn't do that, and if did it is easily recognizable, and that also created toxicity. What about discrimination.. Yes, maybe it creates "discrimination", but it is a fair type of discrimination in my opinion. That was the whole point of it, to let same skilled players play together.

to clarify i mean runs could be bought

and skilled players could always join/make a guild to play together.

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

to clarify i mean runs could be bought

and skilled players could always join/make a guild to play together.

But it's the best indicator we have. We had this discussion a million times on the forums already.

@Oldyoung.6109 said:KP was never a indicator of skill it was and always will be just a tool for people to be discriminatory.ofc it's not better that having people that you know do good in your fl but so far it was the best system we had for pugging.no kp mean accepting annyone and waste you time kicking super often because its clown fiesta or people can ask for old kp and tbh can't blame them for doing so

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

True but the likelihood of running into someone that does that is low.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

i suppose my real question is; why are people acting like fractals have been deleted because a system of discriminating based skill was removed even though it was totally inaccurate?

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

i suppose my real question is; why are people acting like fractals have been deleted because a system of discriminating based skill was removed even though it was totally inaccurate?

People scream that the sky is falling over anything which they dislike. Did you know that GW2 is dying because of _____?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

People scream that the sky is falling over anything which they dislike. Did you know that GW2 is dying because of _____?

that's fair and i should know better than to get sucked up in the forums hysteria

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

It wasn't inaccurate, you could hop into a 250+ kp pug group and run the CMs without a healer. Below that you most likely need a hfb. Now the only option is to make a static, yes.. But me and many others can't do that, because my timetable doesn't allow me to play at regular hours, so pugging is the only option for some people. And finally nobody said here that fractals are dleted.. but a good system to find groups was deleted, yes.

@Armen.1483 said:

It wasn't inaccurate, you could hop into a 250+ kp pug group and run the CMs without a healer. Below that you most likely need a hfb. Now the only option is to make a static, yes.. But me and many others can't do that, because my timetable doesn't allow me to play at regular hours, so pugging is the only option for some people. And finally nobody said here that fractals are dleted.. but a good system to find groups was deleted, yes.

adjective:inaccurate- not accurate.adjective: accurate 1.(of information, measurements, statistics, etc.) correct in all details; exact.noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles- exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

i get playing on abnormal timetables is rough i have an odd sleep schedule myself but i really don't expect the lack of kp will make pugging any worse.

I don't quite get why they did this. The community will find new KP's. Infusion, weapons, or just keep using the old KP's that the veterans have built up over time.

Grouping people of equal skill in pug-groups was never a bad thing. It can be discriminatory, yes. but it's better than have people who don't uphold the standard of expectation receive toxicity, we all know how toxic some people can be if you make mistakes. Grouping people of equal skill at least reduces this frustration, as well as allows me to do my daily run smoothly when I just want to relax.

on the other hand, I like the new items and things you can buy with the KP's, and an incentive to use the tokens as currency (as it was meant to be) instead of Killproof, but this implementation creates a lot more troubles. I won't be trading in my KP's for anything until the dust settles on what the new 'KP's will be.

new KP goes into wallet, KP is not gone, just requires API use to see. this will make people use discord more to verify peoples true KP from discord bots or websites / addons such as killproof.me and to be fair pinging Fake KP was a problem because of KP generators online. If anything this change will benefit genuine players more as they will not have to worry about people faking killproofs.

@"Nitro.4732" said:new KP goes into wallet, KP is not gone, just requires API use to see. this will make people use discord more to verify peoples true KP from discord bots or websites / addons such as killproof.me and to be fair pinging Fake KP was a problem because of KP generators online. If anything this change will benefit genuine players more as they will not have to worry about people faking killproofs.

I dont believe this will be the new "KP proof" by pinging website links and such. Cuz you cant link websites and have to type the link manually from ingame chat and you cant force everybody to use discord and connect to a different one each day just to prove fractal experience (or raid, strike, whatever). QoL would be horror.On second hand, i wont give my api key to any site. Never needed that feature and i guess there are a lot of people out there, not using api keys (for whatever reason).

@"Keydos.3176" said:I don't quite get why they did this. The community will find new KP's. Infusion, weapons, or just keep using the old KP's that the veterans have built up over time.

Grouping people of equal skill in pug-groups was never a bad thing. It can be discriminatory, yes. but it's better than have people who don't uphold the standard of expectation receive toxicity, we all know how toxic some people can be if you make mistakes. Grouping people of equal skill at least reduces this frustration, as well as allows me to do my daily run smoothly when I just want to relax.

on the other hand, I like the new items and things you can buy with the KP's, and an incentive to use the tokens as currency (as it was meant to be) instead of Killproof, but this implementation creates a lot more troubles. I won't be trading in my KP's for anything until the dust settles on what the new 'KP's will be.

This seems more likely. The community will find a system to get some kind of KP since you want to group equally experienced players. Nothing to do with toxicity.I usually lfg or join ~150 KP groups for smooth but non elitist runs, sometimes i go with "some KP" or ~50 KP to help out and on rare occasions i go with 250/300/500 KP groups for no-heal-speed clears if i feel for the kick :)But without this possibilty to distinguish between those groups i will have some trouble finding a suited grp. And it might be more frustrating since you will have very mixed groups without KP and if you only got 1-2 hours time for fracs a day, you dont want to explain every bit each day and only do 1 fractal an hour. It might seem toxic to some people (and i dont like elitism too) but KPs have some good sides too.

Regards

@"theCypher.9406" said:I dont believe this will be the new "KP proof" by pinging website links and such. Cuz you cant link websites and have to type the link manually from ingame chat

This is why BlishHud already supports KP checking in game. no need for website links or discords. players that choose not to register their API key with such websites like KillProof.me can play with other like minded players in pugs and those who strive for better groups can easily register their api and check others quickly in game and not worry about someone pretending to have 250kp thanks to online fake kp generators and spam scripts.

I honestly don't see this being much of a issue for regular CM players, and ofcourse static groups will know their other members abilities and not care for KP.

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

You could fake it, yes, even tho most people didn't and even if you got carried for like 500kp, you still had to learn something. It's impossible to kill it this many times and be like 50kp level player. Yes, kp is not accurate, and idk what your experience with puging is, but I have over 1.5k kp (keeping 1k selling the rest), multiclass, Fractal God, have been playing since chaos chrono meta and even tho I was memeber of 2 static groups and I was leading training runs and teaching new people I started from 0 with pugs and got my first stack of 250kp all by solo puging and even when in static I like to join high kp groups just for fun even with dailies done. I am more than confident saying that in majority of times there's a huge difference between low kp and high kp player and the same goes for parties. I am not having fun clearing it with 150kp groups but going with 400-500 kp groups is fun for me, even when I have no rewards from it. So yes, it is not 100% accurate, but it was the best tool we had and devs should not be forcing experienced players to carry noobs if they don't want to, because that is not fun for anyone and will end up in getting kicked from groups or ppl still using old kp, preventing new players to reach our level.