What items do you think should be added to the material storage or account wallet? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What items do you think should be added to the material storage or account wallet?

Right now I can think of a few. Tribute to:(legendary weapon), Mystic motes, legendary spikes, and emblem of the avenger/conqueror, key of greater nightmare. Did I miss any?

Answers

• Some of those were proposed during the update to Material Storage, and were dismissed.
    Remember, there's only so many slots available for Material Storage. No idea if the Wallet has a limit; I'd guess so.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2020

I could see keys going to the wallet since there are other keys there. Other items such as the mystic motes, emblems, and spikes shouldn’t go to either.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jagblade.4627 said:
    Tarnished Keys, Ornate Rusted Keys, Essence of Nightmares and Greater nightmare keys. Basically if it currently sits in your inventory and is consumed to open something in the open world, or is any sort of currency, put it in the wallet please.

add the Aetherkeys and Noran's Chest keys to this.

i'd argue even fractal encryption keys should go to the wallet too. and just have the Fractal Encryptions check your account wallet if you can open one -- easier too (saves you a few minutes) if you don't have enough shared inventory space and use multiple characters for fractals

• The four special flowers which can be gathered from the black lion plot in your home instance.
    They are litterly crafting materials like any other..

• to the material storage: lumber cores

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

There should be a trophy storage for reward track items, fractal rewards and pve things like dandelions and baubles

and there should be an auto deposit we can turn on and off in the game menu, so anything we gather from nodes goes straight in our storage if there's space

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• @Jagblade.4627 said:
    Tarnished Keys, Ornate Rusted Keys, Essence of Nightmares and Greater nightmare keys. Basically if it currently sits in your inventory and is consumed to open something in the open world, or is any sort of currency, put it in the wallet please.

Essence of nightmare is needed to make a greater nightmare key. I think material storage would be the best place, not wallet. > @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Some of those were proposed during the update to Material Storage, and were dismissed.
    Remember, there's only so many slots available for Material Storage. No idea if the Wallet has a limit; I'd guess so.

Yeah it caps out at 250 without upgrades, 2k with upgrades. By the time I got 250 legendary motes, I probably am ready to craft a legendary upgrade. That limit is kind of superficial. You probably won't reach it, but until you do, it declutters your inventory/bank

• @archmagus.7249 said:

@Jagblade.4627 said:

Essence of nightmare is needed to make a greater nightmare key. I think material storage would be the best place, not wallet. > @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Some of those were proposed during the update to Material Storage, and were dismissed.

Yeah it caps out at 250 without upgrades, 2k with upgrades. By the time I got 250 legendary motes, I probably am ready to craft a legendary upgrade. That limit is kind of superficial. You probably won't reach it, but until you do, it declutters your inventory/bank

Nothing to do, really, with what I stated.
    Here's what I was referencing: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Additions-to-Material-Storage (Dev posts)

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:

@Jagblade.4627 said:

Nothing to do, really, with what I stated.
    Here's what I was referencing: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Additions-to-Material-Storage (Dev posts)

To the devs credit when they're talking about cooking mats they made a lot of progress, but it is really inconsistent. I can't store my seasonings or my bowl of roux but I can store my slice of bread?

And just to clarify: I'm not talking about seige and traps/tricks. There was a "Blueprint Armory" idea which was discussed which I liked the idea of.

• Again, there's a limit on slots (not to be confused with storage amount limits).

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nothing, really

• All keys & single use items for chest like shovels for silverwastes or treasure maps regardless of the character. All Living World season tomes so shared inventory spaces were actually useful even though they might not be as profitable.

• How would a Living World Season Tome work in the wallet? It's not like one can access anything in the wallet.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    How would a Living World Season Tome work in the wallet? It's not like one can access anything in the wallet.

This is an interesting point, off topic maybe, but the ability to "ping" items in the wallet so they appear in chat would be very useful in many situations.

• @Jura.2170 said:
    There should be a trophy storage for reward track items, fractal rewards and pve things like dandelions and baubles

and there should be an auto deposit we can turn on and off in the game menu, so anything we gather from nodes goes straight in our storage if there's space

all good ideas! Auto deposit!! +1

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lots of currency type items need to go to to the material storage.

• every crafting component should go into material storage

• Everyone can agree that any key, present or proposed, should go into the wallet.

The requirements for anything else would be for them to be account-bound, stackable, and not seasonal or bound to a festival.

Ask a child a question and you'll get a childish answer.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2020

Grandmaster mark shards. If they're not completely replaced by grandmaster marks, at least have them in the wallet or storage.

• I would love to see a type of book case /stand, in maybe home instance or added to novelty tab. I have 50 plus books stored on 1 alt and would it not be cool to access at will the wealth of knowledge they contain. Some contain not only script but also audio and even video.

• Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the material storage.

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tomes, boosters, scrolls, BL chests, keys...

Most of all are the books, pages and notes I seem to have a whole bank tab of.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Anchoku.8142 said:
    Tomes, boosters, scrolls, BL chests, keys...

Most of all are the books, pages and notes I seem to have a whole bank tab of.

writs of experiences and tomes can go to the material tab and then you can just take out a stack if you need to consume them for an alt.

the books i can relate to. some series of books like Zinn's Study from Tangled Depths seemingly can't be combined/compiled into 1 item when completed so they eat up a chunk of a bank tab just having them there (in-case you want to read them in the future) can't really discard them either as there seems to be no way to reacquire them once purchased

• All festival/event items. Baubles for example.

• I would also like a library tab (endless book bag?) for completed/incomplete books/pages/notes. They generally serve no purpose to keep once you get the collection, but I dunno I kinda like reading them once and a while, especially when waiting for someone or something. And yeah, all the book parts are pretty ridiculous in general since I rarely finish collecting all pages in one go.

• Baubles from super adventure box should definitely be a festival collection like the others, blows my mind that its not, i have the home node and it constantly stacks up in bank :( not a big inconvenience since you can change to bauble bobble or w/e just a bit of an annoyance.

Always be rootin, always be tootin, and by golly always be shootin.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would like to see all Lounges and Living World Portal Tomes added so we don't have to take up so much inventory space for them.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

We need a siege wallet.

Especially when we now have PVE maps that also use siege. That's not a bad thing as siege can be quite fun and the PvE siege opens the idea for siege in future PvE use in maps, meta events, and WBs. But that said for WvW siege can already use up a lot of space, especially if players are using multiple types and levels. Wallet could be built similar to the way that the guild consumables are structured but would have an additional option to store outside of just the existing extract option.

If not, then please consider further increasing the number of shared inventory spots players can acquire.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just add every item in the game to the wallet/material storage.

• Box'o fun
    Boneskinner ritual vial
    Crystallized blood of Jormag
    Legenday weapons gifts
    etc..

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2020

I'd like for Obsidian Shards and Mystic Clovers to be moved to the wallet.

• @TheGrimm.5624 said:
    We need a siege wallet.

Especially when we now have PVE maps that also use siege. That's not a bad thing as siege can be quite fun and the PvE siege opens the idea for siege in future PvE use in maps, meta events, and WBs. But that said for WvW siege can already use up a lot of space, especially if players are using multiple types and levels. Wallet could be built similar to the way that the guild consumables are structured but would have an additional option to store outside of just the existing extract option.

If not, then please consider further increasing the number of shared inventory spots players can acquire.

In the wvw subforum, there was an idea for a siege armory, accessed via the special action key, and your bar will be filled with siege of a given rank, with the stow weapon swapping between ranks. Eg. If you have 5 arrow cart blueprints, you will have an arrow cart "skill" with an ammo count of 5. Siege you're out of will be locked skills.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

How would that work though? There's quite a few mystic forge recipes that require them as an item plus there's also material storage for them.

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2020

Medallions and Crests to account storage.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:

How would that work though? There's quite a few mystic forge recipes that require them as an item plus there's also material storage for them.

The material storage place could just be removed and the Mystic Toilet could be updated to access currencies in the wallet.
    We got that pointless refill option, so Arenanet could also make a meaningful update to the toilet.

• @Fueki.4753 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:

The material storage place could just be removed and the Mystic Toilet could be updated to access currencies in the wallet.
    We got that pointless refill option, so Arenanet could also make a meaningful update to the toilet.

They can't remove a storage space ever for many reasons. The big one being that it could delete everyone's mats in that slot.

And the refill option isn't pointless. It made 9 clicks with lots of mouse moving into 3 clicks minimum for dozens of forges at a time.