Queensdale Academy Outfit—Where’s my skirt? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Queensdale Academy Outfit—Where’s my skirt?

AllNightPlayer.1286AllNightPlayer.1286 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 16, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

My Charr ladies keep asking me, where their skirt from the new Queensdale Academy Outfit is. Asura women—the self-proclaimed master race—have them. So, dear ANet, where is the outfit’s skirt on Charr females? :angry:

Comments

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nobody wants skirts on Charr females :(
    Do they?

• Speaking of the skirts. Even though I like this Outfit, I just don't understand why so many of the clothing options for females is a combination skirt AND pants. It's so odd looking to me.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2020

At least my Asura get to look pretty for once, but they still don't want my Charr to look pretty. :/

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 27k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Alisha Kei/Druid(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW)
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

For comparison, the original school uniform had it:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/School_Uniform

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wait.. asura has skirt? Woohoo. Have to check that. I will buy it, good town clothes, and a skirt! All my female asura will be happy. Kudo Anet, the outfit is good, even the helmet.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• @Healix.5819 said:
    For comparison, the original school uniform had it:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/School_Uniform

.....Oh God :#

Hate Is Fuel.

• Obfuscate.6430Obfuscate.6430 Member ✭✭✭

@Palador.2170 said:
    For charr, it's a culture thing. It's not just 'males and females are equal', it's 'treating males and females different is what the bad guys do'. Armor and outfits that are different for the two genders should be the exception and not the rule for them.

For asura, I think it's more of a case of 'This is different. Meh, who cares, I've got more important things to do'. So it's more hit and miss with them.

There have been a few dresses and feminine variants of outfits for female charr which can be easily viewed in the Wiki here. Ancestral Outfit, Braham's Wolfblood Outfit, Exemplar Attire Outfit, Fancy Winter Outfit, Hexed Outfit, Imperial Outfit, Ritualist Outfit, Wedding Attire, Witch's Outfit

Charr have spread out across Tyria, mingling with the other races. It stands to reason that they've explored the cultural fashion practices of the other races for their own enjoyment. It's plausible and the point of outfits was to help people explore their characters and their creativity.

Truthfully developers have been inconsistent when it comes to giving asura and charr the feminine versions of the outfits which makes it difficult to tell why. However, the fan base seems polarized when it comes to what they want as well. You have those who are offended by the concept of feminine human-like clothing for charr, and those who main charr and feel like they've been denied an option they should have.

I myself am confused about the inconsistency and was a little disappointed by the lack of skirt in the female charr version while the female asura got it.

• @Weindrasi.3805 said:
    Not only is it lorebreaking, as mentioned above, but just... ew. Female charr are not meant to look "cute kawaii kitty fru fru"... they look gross and unsettling when people abuse the sliders to make them that way. They're meant to be demonic bloodthirsty WAR cats. Even the most feminine female charr should still be sleek and strong... not something from Barbie dress-up. Cute little skirts do not belong on war cats... except maybe as a joke.
    My vote is to go with lore and good aesthetics and keep 99% of outfits gender-neutral on charr. There have been some cases where the "girl" version of something looks okay on female charr (Bandit Sniper Outfit, Imperial Outfit, Ritualist Outfit, Braham's outfit) and sadly, other cases where it looks horrid (Exemplar Attire, Fancy Winter Outfit). Generally the cases where it's okay are cases where the "girl" outfit looks sleek or tribal... but get into poofy dresses, cute skirts, and overtly "sexy" attire and it's gonna look awful.

Eh i can just write a paragraph but i'm just gonna say "fashion have no boundaries and ain't gonna be restricted by someone's "lore" "

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

I wish we would stop having male and female versions of each outfit so different from each other.
    I very much prefer ESOs way of doing it where every costume is offered to anyone, no matter their gender.
    And it hasn't caused a horse of males in dresses either.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@coso.9173 said:

I dont know exactly what you said here but no, we havent seen any horses in dresses.

Yet.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@coso.9173 said:

I dont know exactly what you said here but no, we havent seen any horses in dresses.

Yet.

I can't wait to out-plié a centaur!

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@coso.9173 said:

Yet.

Omg I meant we haven't seems LOT of males in dresses.

• @coso.9173 said:

What kind of unit of measurement is a 'horse'?

• anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:

@coso.9173 said:

What kind of unit of measurement is a 'horse'?

Well, might be about 4 to 10 Kasmeers depending on breed.

Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    All things...grow. And the blossom bothers the weed.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭

Someone sounds... Furrious about no skirts for charr.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

The outfit is sadly not for me, but glad enough people like it. I don't expect there to ever be outfits or armor in the future I'm very interested in. It makes me a little sad, but probably for the best in the long run. Needs of the many.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Meanwhile a number of human, norn and sylvari ladies are asking for more pants. Go figure...

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

Flouncy dresses and skirts for Charr females would be cultural appropriation.

• @Weindrasi.3805 said:
    Not only is it lorebreaking, as mentioned above, but just... ew. Female charr are not meant to look "cute kawaii kitty fru fru"... they look gross and unsettling when people abuse the sliders to make them that way. They're meant to be demonic bloodthirsty WAR cats. Even the most feminine female charr should still be sleek and strong... not something from Barbie dress-up. Cute little skirts do not belong on war cats... except maybe as a joke.

Because any charr wearing school clothes meant specifically for a "Queensdale academy" is any more or less lore breaking wether or not its the male or female version.
    This is horrible from that perspective either way.