For my spellbreaker...

lysico.1297

@lysico.1297 said:For PVP, do you suggest dagger or axe for main hand? I run shield off hand and want to keep that for the stun/gap closer and block. I love the idea of dagger, but just seems axe is soooo much better.

Am I missing something about dagger?

Thanks!

Dagger MH is mostly for boon ripping. If damage is what you want then Axe MH is the best thing to use with your shield.

Axe is much better.Dagger is still fine for like, 1v1s I gotta say, but Axe is a much much better tool for doing burst damage as well as cleaving, which is what yu will usually wanna do in group pvp settings.

Also Warriors these days can't afford to play with their target anymore, if yu are able to create an opening for yurself and follow up with a good chunky hit, yu should do so, and Dagger does not offer that good chunky hit.

I played D/Sh but decided to switch to Axe/Sh for simple reason. As a warrior you don't want to stay close to the enemy too much, you want to hit and run basically and for your hits to matter you gotta have more damage. And when your enemy is low and trying to escape, landing that Axe 3 feels just too good.Yes, dagger adds daze, boonrip and some mobility but I feel like it's harder to kill someone because they keep outhealing my damage. Dagger is probably better in high elo if someone plays warrior there.

@Tayga.3192 said:Meta uses d/s + gs for pvp.

Meta is not always the best, but dagger 3 and unblockable dagger f1 is big value, also it has way more mobility than axe.

I have to agree. Dagger is a far better weapon for pvp. You have GS for damage ( swap with int sigil and use burst). Dagger lets you just wreck gardians with boon stop and unblockable attack. Dagger 3 is also highly under rated. Its about the only warrior interrupt you can land consistently with warrior anymore.