SUNQUA PEAK FRACTAL LAST BOSS BUG

peter.1856

@Cameron Rich.3905 said:Wanted to let you know we're looking into this and hope to have a fix out ASAP.

We experienced the same thing. It's not that we kept having to do it over and over, but we would complete all the orbs, but the phase would not end, so we were just in a never-ending getting zapped by the storm until we die. Even if we gg'd and tried again, when it got the phase the next time, we completed it, and then it would not progress, no matter how many times we gg'd and retried.

• 2 weeks later...

This issue is still happening after today's patch.

Example, if the team gets past that point and gets all the clouds and moves to next phase but dies at later phases. Then the issue start to occur after that either after failing the cloud run after that or right from the beginning of re-doing the run.

What happens is that all the clouds are dispersed, but the big attack still happens and wipes everyone. The red circles also continue striking people indefinitely. So if you survive the big attack, you die to the constantly spawning red circles. Dying and restarting from that checkpoint does not correct the issue.

The only way is to fix it is to restart the fractal from beginning (going back to the Dessa's lab and starting from scratch). Happened to my group several times today. Hope ArenaNet team is continuing to look into it!

Little word not only about bugged boss, but also about instabilities today for this fractal.We have Harmstrung in fractal with final boss fight where you need mobility, faster you collect charges and jump into cloud less chance for wipes.We have Stick Together in fractal with boss fight where we need to spread not only to disable boss' massive attack but also to speard against AOE attack we can't even dodge.Today's Sunqua Peak is impossible.

Another bug we ran into today for the second time. Our healer lagged out and when she returned all the other players were rubberbanding around and bashing into walls on her screen. She could see boss animations and attacks very well but couldn't heal us since she couldn't know where we really were. The bug fixed itself once we restarted fractal but yeah come on. Does this mean every time we have someone who lags out and returns we need to restart fractal??I ran into this bug too when I swapped toons once in this fractal and returned.I also ran into the bug posted by OP in t3 rec today so this fractal has at least 2 bugs I ran into on same day.

Several bugs associated with this, and I'm not sure what was intended or not. So firstly, obviously, the attack still happening after the storms get dispersed is obviously a bug. But are you supposed to be able to evade the attack? I was able to twice, but everyone else had wiped at that point so there was no point in continuing. Also someone mention rev shortbow 2 - yea, that is incapable of hitting when she's in the middle. It hits when she's on the outside of the arena though. Considering the history of that skill, can't say I'm surprised but it doesn't help during the mechanics where you're required to spread out.

I've seen this glitch also in one run.

So it is a known bug. Good to know.

If you get stuck in it, you're run is lost. We wiped and tried again, I think 3 or 4 times - and once it glitches at that spot it seems to always glitch at that spot until you just break up your group, leaves fractals, and come back later.

@Cameron Rich.3905 said:Hey everyone. I wanted to let you know we're still looking into this issue. Your continued reports are appreciated and encouraged.

The minimap for the final boss area isn't synchronized correctly as well. Its fine until around the part where players go pass the floating rocks/pass the portal Rp for the convo to end, nearby the graves. Edge of the map(?).

Yeah, just chiming in to report this bug as well. It seems that if you fail to defeat the last boss in a single go, the bug where she never comes out of her Whirlwind Shield (during the phase where you need to clear stormclouds) ALWAYS occurs, so if you fail even once, you have to return to the Mistlock and start the entire fractal all over again. Perhaps less of an issue for CM runs (where the Challenge Mote takes you straight to the last boss), but it's extremely frustrating in NM to have to do the entire fractal with all of its sub-bosses all over again. I actually recommend people not do 100 until this bug is fixed.

I'm also not sure if this is an issue specific to players from high-ping regions (like SEA and OCX), but yesterday we were also having a lot more trouble passing the Tidal Burden tether to each other. It feels like the tether check was a lot more generous in the past, but now it's a lot more focused on making sure that players actually obstruct the tether. This is a problem for high-ping players because due to our ping, the server often thinks we're not ACTUALLY where our screens are showing us to be, resulting in us having to move around a LOT more in order to make sure the tether is passed (and it also makes it way harder for people to get the Shared Burden achieve if they haven't got it already.)

Second Zaxares.5419 as well. Haven't encounter any bugs in CM, so far. Aside from the need to adjust the minimap for marking(personal waypoint) at start before starting the final boss occasionally, but the minimap will auto re-adjust when the encounter starts.

Had some bug with Sunqua normal or T3 recs yesterday, couldn't remember which. Had some aoe effects persisting after everyone /gg. Got it fixed by having everyone /gg again and make sure the skills ended and boss reseted before everyone resurrects.

This happened to us on the first day of the fractal rush - the storm phase would not end even when the clouds were all dispersed. Was just showing some friends through on T1. Some info that might help: we started with 4 players and had a fifth join just before the last boss. Someone pulled on accident because they thought they could get close to the boss due to her being marked non-aggro, and we /gg'd that run since the fifth player hadn't gotten into the fractal yet. We tried /gg'ing several times to fix the issue but despite the fight being reset, she would not progress past the storm phase.

Also had a friend experience this the other day on scale 100 but don't have the details of their run. I just know I'm not really interested in running the fractal any more until I hear this is fixed, which is a shame because it's beautiful and I have several friends that haven't beaten it yet. Managed to beat it on my EU account, but not on my NA (main) account yet, due to bugs, which is frustrating to say the least.