DPS classes for 100CM — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

DPS classes for 100CM

Xentera.4560Xentera.4560 Member ✭✭✭

I would like to pick your brain regarding your experiences with DPS classes in 100 CM.
I have already finished it a few times, and got the “Dances with Demons“ title. I have found the following classes to be most viable there:

1) Condi FB

2) Condi Ren

3) Condi Mirage

4) Scourge, full Condi or with Blood

5) Condi zerker, without banners

I am in no way excluding other classes from this CM. Just sharing my experience with you. Would love to hear about your experiences there.

Comments

  • Aegis is pretty strong in this fight so Condi FB is good.
    I personally really like Condi Mirage in this fight, but I could not check yet if his dps would be high with arcdps.

    But yeah definitely conditions seem to be better in this encounter, which is really nice!

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Doxher.6237 said:
    Aegis is pretty strong in this fight so Condi FB is good.
    I personally really like Condi Mirage in this fight, but I could not check yet if his dps would be high with arcdps.

    But yeah definitely conditions seem to be better in this encounter, which is really nice!

    Considering how much the boss moves condi mirrage should be good.

  • Do you guys mind posting a link to the current condi/mirage build? Until a couple weeks back I hadn’t played in 2 1/2 years, and so was wondering what the current meta is for that now.

    Also, on another note, I noticed that in a solo CM100 vid that the Sorrows (and Guilt) were basically ignored - how is that survivable without interrupting their death-spell-attack? When I completed CM100 last night, we got to the 33% x2 sorrows phase and wiped there, so any tips in making that part smoother would be greatly appreciated!

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    it depend from setup,
    so it can be
    1)weaver heal + alac +3 condi sc
    2) 3 fb + hfb + alac
    3) 2 condi rene + hfb + 2 scourges
    4) 5 thiefs

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • @lare.5129 said:
    it depend from setup,
    so it can be
    1)weaver heal + alac +3 condi sc
    2) 3 fb + hfb + alac
    3) 2 condi rene + hfb + 2 scourges
    4) 5 thiefs

    Do u mind telling how thieves should get boons??
    They already can get healed peramenatly using a specific trait... i think 5 thiefs using double pistols and deadeye build and rotation can simply win the fight cuz they will completely enough cc for the WHOLE fight and enough initiatives to do it lol
    Double pistols is a good range weapon and using sword in the other hand allows for a great teleport and AAs have good dmg and sword 3 is a big cc with evades...
    Manificent 7 trait also gives perma boons for each DE... easily doable i think

  • Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Arcaniaxs.4519 said:

    @lare.5129 said:
    it depend from setup,
    so it can be
    1)weaver heal + alac +3 condi sc
    2) 3 fb + hfb + alac
    3) 2 condi rene + hfb + 2 scourges
    4) 5 thiefs

    Do u mind telling how thieves should get boons??
    They already can get healed peramenatly using a specific trait... i think 5 thiefs using double pistols and deadeye build and rotation can simply win the fight cuz they will completely enough cc for the WHOLE fight and enough initiatives to do it lol
    Double pistols is a good range weapon and using sword in the other hand allows for a great teleport and AAs have good dmg and sword 3 is a big cc with evades...
    Manificent 7 trait also gives perma boons for each DE... easily doable i think

    They will just die during the water phase. Thats the phase no healing comps struggle the most with. Cfbs can use the healing tome to survive iit. Could probably use a waterfield consumable + shortbow but it just feels like it was designed with a healer in mind.

  • @Nephalem.8921 said:

    @Arcaniaxs.4519 said:

    @lare.5129 said:
    it depend from setup,
    so it can be
    1)weaver heal + alac +3 condi sc
    2) 3 fb + hfb + alac
    3) 2 condi rene + hfb + 2 scourges
    4) 5 thiefs

    Do u mind telling how thieves should get boons??
    They already can get healed peramenatly using a specific trait... i think 5 thiefs using double pistols and deadeye build and rotation can simply win the fight cuz they will completely enough cc for the WHOLE fight and enough initiatives to do it lol
    Double pistols is a good range weapon and using sword in the other hand allows for a great teleport and AAs have good dmg and sword 3 is a big cc with evades...
    Manificent 7 trait also gives perma boons for each DE... easily doable i think

    They will just die during the water phase. Thats the phase no healing comps struggle the most with. Cfbs can use the healing tome to survive iit. Could probably use a waterfield consumable + shortbow but it just feels like it was designed with a healer in mind.

    They can do phase 1 with a hfb and 2nd phase with all thief

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2020

    Until everything is down to a science, just:
    1. have the bs bring cc instead of banners. Less an issue with cc consumables (which everyone should bring), but with the amount of movement in phase 2 banners are barely useful in PUG groups
    2. a condi fb for additional aegis is nice (as well as F2 and F3 tomes as emergency support). The range of Sword of Justice burns as well as overall fast ramp up of burn is also nice
    3. mallyx alac renegade likely until/if the instabilities ever shuffle

    The lack of a timer on this fight really allows for a lot of exploitation. In that way it is similar to 99CM, unlike 100CM where Arkk starts speeding up with his attack patterns (which benefits/rewards actually decent group dps).

  • Xentera.4560Xentera.4560 Member ✭✭✭

    Scourge may not be the highest dps class there, but I’ve noticed having a blood scourge along makes things go alot smoother.

  • @Xentera.4560 said:
    I would like to pick your brain regarding your experiences with DPS classes in 100 CM.
    I have already finished it a few times, and got the “Dances with Demons“ title. I have found the following classes to be most viable there:

    1) Condi FB

    2) Condi Ren

    3) Condi Mirage

    4) Scourge, full Condi or with Blood

    5) Condi zerker, without banners

    I am in no way excluding other classes from this CM. Just sharing my experience with you. Would love to hear about your experiences there.

    Pretty much any DPS setup with ranged & condi. The boss moves too much for stand still power melee rotations, and it has certain mechanics that cover it during the few moments that power melee gets to stand and land a damage rotation, which essentially interrupts the rotation and wastes CDs. Anything ranged condi is way better here.

    You know what I'm not even upset about it. I'm actually enjoying the design. I think it's high time that the game was introduced situations like this where players have reasons to tweak around builds and play different types of archetypes. I personally hope they add more content like this. For example, if you played GW1 you'd know what a Drok's Run is. I'd like to see content like that, where it encouraged a party to use their build/gear templates mid fractal and swap to highly evasive mobility builds, as example.

    There are a lot of really cool kinds of new challenges we could get, that would be practical now with build/gear template swapping. Here's hoping for more content like Sunqua.

  • Well I did my first run on 100 cm with 2x Scourges, 1 Alarc , 1 HFB ..........................and 1 Heal Tempest xD
    While taking 2 healer is certainly a joke on the long run Tempest has a lot of nice stuff as utility which helps with the mechanic. e.g Super Speed, Ice Bow, Arcane Wave but also Heat Sync

    Maybe Condi tempest is worth trying.

  • Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    Pretty much any DPS setup with ranged & condi. The boss moves too much for stand still power melee rotations, and it has certain mechanics that cover it during the few moments that power melee gets to stand and land a damage rotation, which essentially interrupts the rotation and wastes CDs. Anything ranged condi is way better here.

    You know what I'm not even upset about it. I'm actually enjoying the design. I think it's high time that the game was introduced situations like this where players have reasons to tweak around builds and play different types of archetypes. I personally hope they add more content like this. For example, if you played GW1 you'd know what a Drok's Run is. I'd like to see content like that, where it encouraged a party to use their build/gear templates mid fractal and swap to highly evasive mobility builds, as example.

    There are a lot of really cool kinds of new challenges we could get, that would be practical now with build/gear template swapping. Here's hoping for more content like Sunqua.

    In p2 maybe but power works very well in p1. Can burst it quite well. Only tested it once. want to wait until kitten npng is gone.

  • @lare.5129 said:
    it depend from setup,
    so it can be
    1)weaver heal + alac +3 condi sc
    2) 3 fb + hfb + alac
    3) 2 condi rene + hfb + 2 scourges
    4) 5 thiefs

    Just curious. What is a weaver group heal build?

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jacky.7658 said:
    Just curious. What is a weaver group heal build?

    monk rune harrier + magi stats, traits:
    [&DQYpKREqMDfHEgAApRIAAHQSAADDEgAAmRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • New Meta seems : 1 HFB + 1 Alarc 3 x condi FB or the speed run variant 4x Condi FB and 1 alarc.
    The problem all other condi build doesn't seems even close to condi FB .
    This isn't even new on Arkk my best dps as weaver is 24k the best power build I ever have seen 28k and the best condi FB 32k.

    In PvP this is also known, the reason mostly why this is more extreme I think had to do how much the boss moves around/phase change most builds haven't even half finished one rota before the boss moves again even HFB can have problems to keep up the boons because of this.

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Jacky.7658 said:
    Just curious. What is a weaver group heal build?

    monk rune harrier + magi stats, traits:
    [&DQYpKREqMDfHEgAApRIAAHQSAADDEgAAmRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

    This 1.) a Tempest Build 2.) Very strange seems to build around generating might, fury and doing some dmg
    if anything I would do it like this : [&DQYlFxEuMD/HEscSdhJ0EnQSpRLDEk4BmRKZEgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=] weapons dagger/horn, the water traitline could also turned to cleanses it depend on what you want.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    This 1.) a Tempest Build

    yes, I know - tempest is ideal class for chill cm100 meta: tempest+alac+3 scourges

    yes, core taken from SC

    the water traitline could also turned to cleanses it depend on what you want.

    3 scourges and rev with staff 4 enough. But ofc if all party want - why not?

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    New Meta seems : 1 HFB + 1 Alarc 3 x condi FB or the speed run variant 4x Condi FB and 1 alarc.

    it is only valid if you want wiht same setup and same classes do all cms.
    If you make separate runs for oldcms+t4 and cm100, or members can swap the meta have more variety

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • @lare.5129 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    This 1.) a Tempest Build

    yes, I know - tempest is ideal class for chill cm100 meta: tempest+alac+3 scourges

    yes, core taken from SC

    the water traitline could also turned to cleanses it depend on what you want.

    3 scourges and rev with staff 4 enough. But ofc if all party want - why not?

    The main problem is it seems optimized for 10 group and also for power builds especially air trait line(which gives fury) , with Tempest trait line for shouts for 10 it depends on what you want . Basically you can optimize a lot this builds for 100 cm. You could also take Ice Bow with you.

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    New Meta seems : 1 HFB + 1 Alarc 3 x condi FB or the speed run variant 4x Condi FB and 1 alarc.

    it is only valid if you want wiht same setup and same classes do all cms.
    If you make separate runs for oldcms+t4 and cm100, or members can swap the meta have more variety

    I know, besides the horrendous balancing issues none of our static group has a condi FB ready ^^
    For numbers : The cFB wiht us in 100 cm did 16k and on ARK 22k when you compare that to top DPS of the build you know 20k are possible with an non speed run setup in 100 cm with a speed run setup it is surely 30k or more.#
    Power builds have 8-10k dps here while I think it not so much about power or condi it more like all good power builds have long rotas because a lot of the other condi build seems kinda weak too.

  • Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    I know, besides the horrendous balancing issues none of our static group has a condi FB ready ^^
    For numbers : The cFB wiht us in 100 cm did 16k and on ARK 22k when you compare that to top DPS of the build you know 20k are possible with an non speed run setup in 100 cm with a speed run setup it is surely 30k or more.#
    Power builds have 8-10k dps here while I think it not so much about power or condi it more like all good power builds have long rotas because a lot of the other condi build seems kinda weak too.

    Cfb can only get those numbers on arkk if the group has very low dps.
    Power builds do definitely more than 8-10k. Thats the dps the alac ren does with mallyx.
    Power is not that bad but way harder to play than cfb on that boss. A lot of that dps is ranged aswell so that helps a lot. Will try some power comps once npng is gone.

  • Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2020

    Condi Soulbeast is actually strong in 100 CM. It can land most of its burst without the boss needing to stand still at all. It also keeps up most of its pressure regardless of where the boss is at the time. Stance Share for Vulture Stance & One Wolf Pack is also nice for the short durations of time your party can land a burst. Normally the Stance Share doesn't shine that much, but it does in 100 CM.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2020

    I don't see any big point to say that cfb is ok. It very depend from rotation chain, and don't be flexible like most others cdps.
    So for me 2 sg and one condi souldb ir more flexsible on cm100 than 3 cfb

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Anyone know if there’s a good engi build for 100cm yet? I was thinking of running a double pistol condi holo or something like that.

  • Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:
    I don't see any big point to say that cfb is ok. It very depend from rotation chain, and don't be flexible like most others cdps.
    So for me 2 sg and one condi souldb ir more flexsible on cm100 than 3 cfb

    Thats because you play with very very inexperienced players. Scourge does not even half of what a cfb can do there. Cfb is very flexible in its rotation btw. Also cfb has burst which the other condi builds dont really have. This helps a lot with fast breaks and burst.

  • @Nephalem.8921 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    I know, besides the horrendous balancing issues none of our static group has a condi FB ready ^^
    For numbers : The cFB wiht us in 100 cm did 16k and on ARK 22k when you compare that to top DPS of the build you know 20k are possible with an non speed run setup in 100 cm with a speed run setup it is surely 30k or more.#
    Power builds have 8-10k dps here while I think it not so much about power or condi it more like all good power builds have long rotas because a lot of the other condi build seems kinda weak too.

    Cfb can only get those numbers on arkk if the group has very low dps.
    Power builds do definitely more than 8-10k. Thats the dps the alac ren does with mallyx.
    Power is not that bad but way harder to play than cfb on that boss. A lot of that dps is ranged aswell so that helps a lot. Will try some power comps once npng is gone.

    Well yeah I ran with my power Weaver = 13K but I also saw a better cFB = 20k on 100 cm
    Condi Weaver can do the same (20k)it seems but but who the hell plays condi weaver I did once before SCs became the only viable build but since then it became way to complicated . Well in retrospect the build which the cWeaver used didn't seems the condi build of SC because he had fire elementals with him.

    I also tested condi Tempest I could barley make 10k

  • Well in retrospect the build which the cWeaver used didn't seems the condi build of SC because he had fire elementals with him.

    Tbf. The lesser elementals are better if you can at least precast 2 of them. Which is really easy in pugs since they take ages to get ready anyway.
    But then again, I'd hardly call it a different build if only one skill is different.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nephalem.8921 said:

    @lare.5129 said:
    I don't see any big point to say that cfb is ok. It very depend from rotation chain, and don't be flexible like most others cdps.
    So for me 2 sg and one condi souldb ir more flexsible on cm100 than 3 cfb

    Thats because you play with very very inexperienced players. Scourge does not even half of what a cfb can do there. Cfb is very flexible in its rotation btw.

    Exactly! As I see I more often go cms than you, and more often have different players setups.
    So I am sure - cfb - bad choose. condi class should be not depend from rotation, just with skill priority, and more easy acceptable by mainstream.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    and again, dwd+250kp party, hfb, bs wiht 2k dps, me as alac, and 2 cfb with incredibly low dps .. 5 /gg and cm100 done ..
    I am sure that if they take scopurge and do spam by some skill priority the result was better and run more chill .. it was so bad that I am sure if the take ranger, shortbow, and press 1111 it will be more dps...
    so cfb is not root key

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The boss doesn't phased out/goes immune and often moves makes it hard for most power class to land their attacks.