Is Roxx Dead? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Lore

Is Roxx Dead?

Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 17, 2020 in Lore

We're experiencing masses and masses of Charr-oriented content, where's the Charr NPC from our GW2 faux-"guild"?

I know everybody hates Roxx and nobody cares if she IS dead or not, but ... I just thought I'd remind everybody that she's in the story... somewhere.

I think she's quietly been offed.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
Hashtag BlameMcLain

Comments

  • She shuffled off with the Omecrawhatevertheirnamewas. I miss the old voice actress for Rox. One of the better ones they had.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2020

    She left to join the Olmakhans. I don't think she is even part of our guild anymore and I believe her involvement in the story has run its course

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • She isn't canonically dead,
    But she is definitely dead to the writers.

  • Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Who is Roxx?

  • Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    I know everybody hates Roxx...

    Wait, wut? I thought everyone hated Bram?

  • Zephyr.5382Zephyr.5382 Member ✭✭✭

    Ha! I hadn't even noticed that she's been MIA....

  • EdwinLi.1284EdwinLi.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020

    She is just retired now.

    As the story goes on, the characters will eventually find a time for themselves to retire from the group thus they only return during moments when the Commander needs to rally all his/her allies against a threat.

    For Rox's case, she has retired from Dragon's Watch and become a member of the Olmakhan.

    Her appearances are most likely only going to be during times when the Olmakhan are called on to aid the commander from now on.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020

    @Svarty.8019 said:
    We're experiencing masses and masses of Charr-oriented content, where's the Charr NPC from our GW2 faux-"guild"?

    She left to live with the Olmakhan. She said so on several occasions during Season 4.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020

    Cast is too big to have everybody in there indefinitely. I'm sure many people haven't noticed Taimi doesn't phone in on us every 5 minutes either, but they certainly don't miss it.
    I think they wrote Roxx out of the story rather well.

    I rather choose death.

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020

    Its strongly suggested her fascination with the Olmakhan was because she wanted to settle down and start a family. Its not outright stated, but merely given through a series of subtextual hints throughout LS4, especially in Thunderhead Peaks.

    Once she saw how the Olmakhan raise their young without a Fahrar she was more and more interested in staying there.

    Her relationship with Braham also seems to've become platonic, just like Logan and Jennah. Presumably this is out of respect, as Braham hasn't quite forged his legend yet, especially after failing to kill Jormag; not actual loss of interest on Rox's part. In fact they seemed to be closer in LS4 than in any other part of the story, and their parting seemed rather difficult.

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Cast is too big to have everybody in there indefinitely. I'm sure many people haven't noticed Taimi doesn't phone in on us every 5 minutes either, but they certainly don't miss it.
    I think they wrote Roxx out of the story rather well.

    Both Taimi and Zojja are on death's doorstep, unless a miracle happens we won't really be seeing them again. And alot of us do miss it, they were fan favorite characters, but the Charr/Norn focused story really doesn't have much place for Asura in it.

    That's why we don't really hear much from Gorrik either.

    I imagine eventually Zojjja will wake up and help Gorrik put Taimi in a golem before dying, or something.

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 27k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Alisha Kei/Druid(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW)
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020

    As many have said, yes, Roxx was written out. I actually really enjoyed the way they went about it. Clearly retired her character when she joined the Olmakhan, but it's not so absolute that they couldn't easily bring her back into the fold later on. This is preferable in my opinion than what they did to Zojja, which I am still hoping they will one day amend (for some reason).

    The writers rotate the main cast that immediately surrounds the commander, so you never know who they will rotate in/out next. There's still some hope! I suspect after Icebrood Saga we will take a break from Braham and likely Rytlock. It seems assured to me that Marjory will be part of EoDs main cast, since she is Canthan and hasn't had a major story line since before PoF. Roxx isn't the best candidate to come back for that arc, but who can say?

  • @Hannelore.8153 said:
    Her relationship with Braham also seems to've become platonic, just like Logan and Jennah. Presumably this is out of respect, as Braham hasn't quite forged his legend yet, especially after failing to kill Jormag; not actual loss of interest on Rox's part. In fact they seemed to be closer in LS4 than in any other part of the story, and their parting seemed rather difficult.

    Her "relationship" with Braham was ALWAYS platonic. Arenanet have stated they're just friends--never were romantic.

  • @Svarty.8019 said:

    I know everybody hates Roxx and nobody cares if she IS dead or not, but ...

    You're thinking of Braham not Rox.

  • @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    She isn't canonically dead,
    But she is definitely dead to the writers.

    You say that as if she was ever alive to the writers. She hadn't gotten any real attention since Season 1.

    @Weindrasi.3805 said:

    @Hannelore.8153 said:
    Her relationship with Braham also seems to've become platonic, just like Logan and Jennah. Presumably this is out of respect, as Braham hasn't quite forged his legend yet, especially after failing to kill Jormag; not actual loss of interest on Rox's part. In fact they seemed to be closer in LS4 than in any other part of the story, and their parting seemed rather difficult.

    Her "relationship" with Braham was ALWAYS platonic. Arenanet have stated they're just friends--never were romantic.

    I really don't get the fanbase's obsessions with trying to ship Braham with Rox or Taimi. From day 1, it was always clear both were at best, sibling-styled relations.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    From day 1, it was always clear both were at best, sibling-styled relations.

    "Help me stepbro, I am stuck in my golem"
    -Taimi

    "What are you doing stepbro?"
    -Roxx

  • vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭

    This is not her war, ther has abandoned her since she was a child.

    The Olmakhan is now her people. She deserves some rest.

  • The Greyhawk.9107The Greyhawk.9107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Weindrasi.3805 said:

    @Hannelore.8153 said:
    Her relationship with Braham also seems to've become platonic, just like Logan and Jennah. Presumably this is out of respect, as Braham hasn't quite forged his legend yet, especially after failing to kill Jormag; not actual loss of interest on Rox's part. In fact they seemed to be closer in LS4 than in any other part of the story, and their parting seemed rather difficult.

    Her "relationship" with Braham was ALWAYS platonic. Arenanet have stated they're just friends--never were romantic.

    I really don't get the fanbase's obsessions with trying to ship Braham with Rox or Taimi. From day 1, it was always clear both were at best, sibling-styled relations.

    The internet, my dude.

    Hate Is Fuel.