Please remove white creatures or fix barrier scale on engi

Sleepwalker.1398

Since you mentioned necro: soul eater (the trait heals you for 5% of your melee damage) can heal you for 20k HP when you hit a white creature in wvw.

There is no need to remove these creatures. The problem is that they have a very low toughness value, that anet did not adjust yet. So you can hit these creatures for 500000 damage. I guess this used to be intentional because there exists an achievement for a 300000 damage hit on a target.

On a lot of pve maps your average damage on ambient creatures is ~3000 damage because they have another toughness parameter than the wvw ones. This fixes the issue with necro and engi completely.

There really is no reason for them to be there. It is annoying when I kill all npc's in a camp and I'm still in combat because a cc skill or something touched a wee lil rabbit so I have to kill it or run away from a wee lil rabbit. Removing them is fine or just not let them keep someone in combat or gave any benefit to killing them by any class

@Jilora.9524 said:There really is no reason for them to be there. It is annoying when I kill all npc's in a camp and I'm still in combat because a cc skill or something touched a wee lil rabbit so I have to kill it or run away from a wee lil rabbit. Removing them is fine or just not let them keep someone in combat or gave any benefit to killing them by any class

Hate to tell you that if you even TOUCH a white creature it’s dead.

So a white creature won’t keep you in combat.

Having one close doesn’t put you in combat.

Something else is creating that problem for you.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:There really is no reason for them to be there. It is annoying when I kill all npc's in a camp and I'm still in combat because a cc skill or something touched a wee lil rabbit so I have to kill it or run away from a wee lil rabbit. Removing them is fine or just not let them keep someone in combat or gave any benefit to killing them by any class

No, it's not. If I go and kill one I'm no longer in combat. It's things like spectral grasp which does no dmg and no effect on it. But the 4 line breakdown of you being wrong was nice

@Jilora.9524 said:

No, it's not. If I go and kill one I'm no longer in combat. It's things like spectral grasp which does no dmg and no effect on it. But the 4 line breakdown of you being wrong was nice

Lol... use it as well. Never had it happen.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Lol... use it as well. Never had it happen.

It's only like 2 camps. The one on the BL w the vet Harpy right near spawn. I'll gather up the npc's kill them all and sit there in combat till I massacre that poor little squirrel or w/e and get ooc. There is another camp to up top but I forget which that it seems to happen too. Or maybe let my spectral grasp pull the lil guy in instead of no effect and I can destroy it with my aoe but na he's 900 range away hiding behind a hut or something

I’ve literally never seen a significant difference fighting a necro who killed an ambient. Is any necro actually relying on this as a tactic to win fights?

And, really? Keeping you in combat? A single auto attack, if you happened to hit one with a non-damage condi/cc, is too much?

What about the random Skritt NPCs in Alpine or the Centaurs? What about the random boars and deer? Should we remove the moas too?

I think there are more important things the devs could be doing.

@"Jilora.9524" said:There really is no reason for them to be there. It is annoying when I kill all npc's in a camp and I'm still in combat because a cc skill or something touched a wee lil rabbit so I have to kill it or run away from a wee lil rabbit. Removing them is fine or just not let them keep someone in combat or gave any benefit to killing them by any class

If yu touch a white creature, it dies immediately, and there are no CC skills in the game that doesn't also deal damage.Conditional CC skills also do not auto target white creatures.

What might have happened is yu are still in combat with the Supply Depot.Sounds really stupid, I know, but yu can technically "hit" the Supply Depot, but it isn't showed as an entity or has a health bar.

It happens often to every camp.This can be tested and checked because yu can perform Weapon skill 1 flip combos off them.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Jilora.9524" said:There really is no reason for them to be there. It is annoying when I kill all npc's in a camp and I'm still in combat because a cc skill or something touched a wee lil rabbit so I have to kill it or run away from a wee lil rabbit. Removing them is fine or just not let them keep someone in combat or gave any benefit to killing them by any class

If yu touch a white creature, it dies immediately, and there are no CC skills in the game that doesn't also deal damage.Conditional CC skills also do not auto target white creatures.

What might have happened is yu are still in combat with the Supply Depot.Sounds really stupid, I know, but yu can technically "hit" the Supply Depot, but it isn't showed as an entity or has a health bar.

It happens often to every camp.This can be tested and checked because yu can perform Weapon skill 1 flip combos off them.

That's because you wouldn't be able to deplete supply from the depot by hitting it with a treb if it wasn't an object.

@Yasai.3549 said:

If yu touch a white creature, it dies immediately, and there are no CC skills in the game that doesn't also deal damage.Spectral Grasp

That's what he was talking about. It

• applies chill to the creature,
  • does not (!) pull it to you,
  • puts you into combat.

But it grants the usual 15% of life force for the hit of the skill, which is nice.

@saerni.2584 said:I’ve literally never seen a significant difference fighting a necro who killed an ambient. Is any necro actually relying on this as a tactic to win fights?

And, really? Keeping you in combat? A single auto attack, if you happened to hit one with a non-damage condi/cc, is too much?

What about the random Skritt NPCs in Alpine or the Centaurs? What about the random boars and deer? Should we remove the moas too?

I think there are more important things the devs could be doing.

Listen it's just an annoyance. Sure if I hit a boar or moa the boar or moa attacks me and I know what I did. The lil rabbit nothing. You just sit there in combat with everything dead and can't mount till you outrun it or find the little bugger who you can't tab to find.The ole devs have more important things. I mean there's always someone with that nonsense. I'm sure it would take a team of devs to fix this and delay episode 5 to next year and not some quick fix. It's minor things like this the devs work on that have delayed alliances.The op complaint was engies gaining barrier off ambients and that's nonsense too but like I said it's an annoyance to mean not a priority

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

the white wabit is deadly man! (monty python)

@Aeolus.3615 said:

So......

As you are a player from GW, in pre searing, the only green animal in pre searing that you CANNOT tame is a rabbit..,

STILL makes me made thinking about it.

So much so, that I make it a point to kill ANY white rabbit in WvW. It’s become a mission. In fact, the guild I run with and rep all the time knows this and will point them out for me.

I haven’t let a teammate die yet...... but it’s coming..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

So......

As you are a player from GW, in pre searing, the only green animal in pre searing that you CANNOT tame is a rabbit..,

So much so, that I make it a point to kill ANY white rabbit in WvW. It’s become a mission. In fact, the guild I run with and rep all the time knows this and will point them out for me.

Anet should make a title towards "wite wabits" killer :)

As reward would be a feroucious look "white wabit". mini pet or rabit mount skin.

If i recall on gw1 EOTN there was a tributo to monty python white rabit.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

So......

Anet should make a title towards "wite wabits" killer :)

Yes!

As reward would be a feroucious look "white wabit". mini pet or rabit mount skin.

Would love that...

If i recall on gw1 EOTN there was a tributo to monty python white rabit.

There was.