Why pvp exclusive stats?

Adianu.7281

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Pve stats/gear is waaaaaaay stronger than pvp stats/gear.

The pvp unique amulets sigils/runes are just compensations for the things that pvp does not get from pve/wvw stats. In no way are pvp unique stats nearly as good as anything in pve/wvw.

You can make monstrously broken builds in wvw man.

The only exception I can think of is demolisher

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Pve stats/gear is waaaaaaay stronger than pvp stats/gear.

The pvp unique amulets sigils/runes are just compensations for the things that pvp does not get from pve/wvw stats. In no way are pvp unique stats nearly as good as anything in pve/wvw.

Yeah I'd agree. Demo should at least be added to stat selections on asc/leg gear.

Demolisher, Paladin, Mender, Wizard and esp. the deleted Mercenary (Power, Condition Damage, Vitality, Toughness) would be great stat combinations outside of PvP and probably dominate WvW.

These would be some of the best and versatile attribute combinations at all. (There are a lot more PvP exclusive but less good combinations.)

ANet could have brought all these combinations above into PvE with the living story updates. But instead we got so much useless combinations (with the updates), it is a shame.

@KrHome.1920 said:Demolisher, Paladin, Mender, Wizard and esp. the deleted Mercenary (Power, Condition Damage, Vitality, Toughness) would be great stat combinations outside of PvP and probably dominate WvW.

These would be some of the best and versatile attribute combinations at all. (There are a lot more PvP exclusive but less good combinations.)

ANet could have brought all these combinations above into PvE with the living story updates. But instead we got so much useless combinations (with the updates), it is a shame.

You can recreate those stat skews by mixing gear, it's just a tedious thing to do and would be a lot easier to manage if they'd just add those stat lines as selections on asc/leg gear.

@Tayga.3192 said:

You can make equivalent with a combination of berserker, assassins, knights, cavalier.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:You can recreate those stat skews by mixing gearNo you can't and I've shown that dozens of times in this forum.

Demolisher in PvE stats would look like:2173 power60% crit chance2600 armor192% crit damage

add infusionsadd buff food

Try that with a mix of existing PvE gear. You won't even get close.

The closest would be berserker/knights:2178 power50% crit chance (<- that alone makes a huge difference)2596 armor185% crit damage

So that's 20% less critical hits that deal less damage on top. For paladin it would even be worse as you would have to add a few pieces with an overall useless 5th stat to create sth. that can barely be called a paladin alike set.

I don‘t know, theoretically you are right. I mean WvW/PvE stats if you think about for example clerics are already annoying and broken in most cases, so adding PvP stats to WvW wouldn‘t make that much of a difference.However PvE/WvW stats on the other hand should never enter PvP again, people would exploit cleric amulets and make the meta unenjoyable

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:You can recreate those stat skews by mixing gearNo you can't and I've shown that dozens of times in this forum.

Demolisher in PvE stats would look like:2173 power60% crit chance2600 armor192% crit damage

The closest would be berserker/knights:2178 power50% crit chance (<- that alone makes a huge difference)2596 armor185% crit damage

So that's 20% less critical hits that deal less damage on top. For paladin it would even be worse as you would have to add a few pieces with an overall useless 5th stat to create sth. that can barely be called a paladin alike set.

You mean like this?http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKQAEA-zxgYhogKKcHCHJIPTIBA-e

Haven't even used food, infusions, runes.

I also have no idea how you've come up with those "equivalent stats". Demolisher doesn't give 192% crit, it gives 183%, and the "armor" is dependent on light/med/heavy.

Demolisher is just a 2:2:1:1 distribution of power:precision:toughness:ferocity which is easily achievable.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:You can recreate those stat skews by mixing gearNo you can't and I've shown that dozens of times in this forum.

You mean like this?

Haven't even used food, infusions, runes.

I also have no idea how you've come up with those "equivalent stats". Demolisher doesn't give 192% crit, it gives 183%, and the "armor" is dependent on light/med/heavy.

Demolisher is just a 2:2:1:1 distribution of power:precision:toughness:ferocity which is easily achievable.

Nice. Although not sure that setup would be useful for WvW .. I'm not sure where the poster got those random stats from.

@Morvran.8265 said:

@Morvran.8265 said:It might be because of WvW. A lot of the PvP stats would be undesireable in most PvE content but could screw with WvW balance.

But WvW already has all the broken stat combos.

Wouldn't call it broken but it doesn't have Demolisher, which they've been asking for for a reason.

WvW might not have Demolisher but it has things like Wanderer, Cleric, Minstrel, Viper, Trailblazer, Dire, Soldier, Plaguedoctors, etc. Most of these stats were removed or never added to sPvP for a reason and it's a huge reason why builds in WvW are so ridiculous.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Morvran.8265 said:It might be because of WvW. A lot of the PvP stats would be undesireable in most PvE content but could screw with WvW balance.

But WvW already has all the broken stat combos.

Wouldn't call it broken but it doesn't have Demolisher, which they've been asking for for a reason.

WvW might not have Demolisher but it has things like Wanderer, Cleric, Minstrel, Viper, Trailblazer, Dire, Soldier, Plaguedoctors, etc. Most of these stats were removed or never added to sPvP for a reason and it's a huge reason why builds in WvW are so ridiculous.

Yes, and they can't remove problematic stats in WvW. All they can do is not add more.