How long do I have to collect items from TP?

Lonecap.4105

Indefinitely.

another alternative: collect all the candy corn and then list it for sale for 83 copper each. That's high enough it's unlikely to sell during this Halloween and, even if it does, it will make you a profit. That allows you to 'save' all your candy corn for about 10s per stack, which is cheaper than buying new storage (a new bag slot with a 20-slot bag is at least 60g or 30s/slot). When you need the corn, remove the listing.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Indefinitely.

another alternative: collect all the candy corn and then list it for sale for 83 copper each. That's high enough it's unlikely to sell during this Halloween and, even if it does, it will make you a profit. That allows you to 'save' all your candy corn for about 10s per stack, which is cheaper than buying new storage (a new bag slot with a 20-slot bag is at least 60g or 30s/slot). When you need the corn, remove the listing.

Thank you, you're an utter genius!

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Got an ungodly amount of candy corn from the trading post. Problem is right now I don't have anywhere to put it. Will it indefinitely stay waiting to be collected? Or will it delete after 30 days uncollected or something like that?

Or make a guild and save them in the guild bank. I turn mine into cobs every few thousand. They are easier to stack that way. You would think by now that we'd have stack that reach 500 by now...

Good idea but there is one problem that may happen down the line. If he has to purchase something else off the tp wouldnt he have to pick up the items in buying order or would it give him the last items he bought first? Im not sure exactly how that works but if it work that way. Then It would make using the trading post a bit of a pain.

@lunarminx.3624 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Got an ungodly amount of candy corn from the trading post. Problem is right now I don't have anywhere to put it. Will it indefinitely stay waiting to be collected? Or will it delete after 30 days uncollected or something like that?

Or make a guild and save them in the guild bank. I turn mine into cobs every few thousand. They are easier to stack that way. You would think by now that we'd have stack that reach 500 by now...

Generally, Cobs sell for a loss compared to Candy Corn. If one needed to resell, you would lose money. Also, Candy Corn is used to do guild decorations. Cobs are basically just a Halloween currency.

@xikira.3264 said:

Good idea but there is one problem that may happen down the line. If he has to purchase something else off the tp wouldnt he have to pick up the items in buying order or would it give him the last items he bought first? Im not sure exactly how that works but if it work that way. Then It would make using the trading post a bit of a pain.

The suggestion is:

• Collect all the corn now.
  • Relist it all to sell for ~83c

The OP already has the down-the-line problem: they have all this corn waiting and no place to store it, meantime there's other stuff they want to buy. So they need a way to accept the corn and store it someplace. Listing it on the TP substitutes as 'storage'. It's not a great technique for everyone for a variety of reasons, but it will work until the OP figures out something better.

@Bandlero.6312 said:

@lunarminx.3624 said:

Generally, Cobs sell for a loss compared to Candy Corn. If one needed to resell, you would lose money. Also, Candy Corn is used to do guild decorations. Cobs are basically just a Halloween currency.

Depending on when you sell, Cobs are worth about anywhere from 20% less than 1000 pieces to 10% more. On the face of it, that can be a substantial hit (especially if one bought corn on the high side). On the other hand, you can up to 1000 storage slots by converting stacks & stacks of pieces to cobs. New storage (in bulk) costs at least 30s/slot, so it's a huge savings not to have to worry about where to store all that candy.

So it comes down to a trade off: maximize profits versus minimize storage needs versus most convenient; choose two.

Archived