#feelgoodfriday (Skyscale)

Linahea.9160

Congrats! I just got mine recently, and am enjoying it immensely as well. My son, looking over my shoulder, asked, "Why don't you just use the springer to get up there, it's faster?"

I'm like... yeah, I could ride a bunny... or... a... DRAGON!

I'm actually very impressed with all of the mounts in this game. I love the way they are animated; they have a wonderful sense of weight and movement. The idle animation on the raptor when your character leans over and scratches its neck is lovely. And dancing with my beetle makes me smile every time.

The design that makes each of them unique at what it does so that none of them entirely replaces the other is brilliant.

Congrats! The skyscale is quite literally a game-changer and is absolutely my most-used mount now. Especially with the Bond of Vigor, it's so nice to be able to traverse horizontally or vertically without having to swap mounts. Of course I still use springer for quick CC and griffon if I'm starting high and want to get somewhere fast, but skyscale is just my favorite functionally and aesthetically. The first day I unlocked mine I used it to re-explore HoT maps. Figuring out how to get from ground level to the canopy in Verdant Brink was (and still is) super fun!

Congrats!

Skyscale is a blessing for alt-accounts, so much cheaper than a Griffon, and thanks to me loving GW2 for what it is the process is just another drop in the sea of joy. Spin spin, vigor, spin spin. Griffon might reach more sustainable speeds, but Skyscale still gets you around in manner that feels like you're the reason there's no tomorrow. Fantastic mount. Got me into crafting, helped me get over my issues with heights (opened JPs to me, I love them now), and frankly made me learn a bunch about maps I had previously just sped through chasing the story.

I recommend visiting the Tarir lighthouse, it's neat.