Shield Master Trait - 1 second of Might on block. (1!)

Hollow.5382

February 25, 2020Competitive content update:(Competitive split) Reduced might duration from 8 seconds to 1 second.

I know I'm late to the party but I'd like to formally request the expeditious resignation of whoever is responsible for this change and the February balance patch, generally. TY

Tbh this trait should be reverted. It was a defensive trait that punished brainless play. When someone is blocking, you stop attacking.

The old trait made the person blocking stronger when the other kept attacking, thus in turn allowed a counter attack. The current trait is almost aimless/lifeless.

As a side note, when balance changes happen.. I really wish things werent half committed. Looking at the 300s traits as an example, change the traits completely (its not as if you dont have the time to change them), if might on block is a problem, change the boon... maybe make it into something fitting to defence... Say Retaliation? maybe even Protection on a block?

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Tbh this trait should be reverted. It was a defensive trait that punished brainless play. When someone is blocking, you stop attacking.

The old trait made the person blocking stronger when the other kept attacking, thus in turn allowed a counter attack. The current trait is almost aimless/lifeless.

As a side note, when balance changes happen.. I really wish things werent half committed. Looking at the 300s traits as an example, change the traits completely (its not as if you dont have the time to change them), if might on block is a problem, change the boon... maybe make it into something fitting to defence... Say Retaliation? maybe even Protection on a block?

The balance team cant change functionallity, they can only change numbers, so delete those passive traits they turned them up to 300s. Only the design team can change functionallity. They said it several times.

Dont ask me why they dont work together, its a shame.

The might on shield is only there to fuel might makes right, but since defense line was gutted in almost every way i wouldnt even use it in any gamemode.

I lost all hope in the devs of anet, the "more frequent balance changes" they promised are a joke.

@RedShark.9548 said:The balance team cant change functionallity, they can only change numbers, so delete those passive traits they turned them up to 300s. Only the design team can change functionallity. They said it several times.

Tbh this to me makes no sense, you cant balance things in games with numbers alone. Balance can only be achieved with both parts working as one. Both design and balance should be done under one party, this allows for clear understanding of intended function and a balance that can be worked around.

There are many skills in this game that honestly just need an animation change or effect for them to be in a good position.

As an example, picture 100b dashing around the target 8 times in a star like shape (while following the target), cleaving targets per dash then jumping up into the air to deliver the final strike. During this cast the warrior can still be damaged and is susceptible to conditions and CC.

Hammer; Earthshaker. Leap up into the sky (teleporting you to the target AOE location, which will allow the casting of this skill onto higher ground) and smash down onto the target location causing floating for 1, 1.5 and 2 seconds.Why floating and not stun? Stun did not make sense for a massive impact on the ground... its targets would be lifted off their feet from the impact, not stunned in place, theme wise float is more fitting.

Will we ever see real changes like this from a split team? Sadly no, which is why unfortunatly we will never have any real balance in Gw2.