Some Guildhall advice please

Zionka.6897

OK, so I know this goes against the concept of guild halls, but the fact is, our little guild was formed on launch. Only a few of us remain, and we still don't have a guild hall. We've just done without, and enjoyed the game. We don't want to join another guild. But getting a hall is the only way we can make a scribe, and having the port to it would be nice as well. We don't care which one we get, we just want one.. Is there a hall that stands out as a simple one to claim? I can't seem to find anything on this, as to one that is possible for 3 mediocre players to achieve. I'm sure I've seen mention over the years about people who claim to have solo'd some. Any feedback about this is appreciated! We have all expansions.

There was a request here for help a few weeks ago. I joined several others as a PuG of sorts to claim Windswept for a small guild. There were some experienced players that knew what to expect and called out the fights/set the targets. Ultimately, we were able to get it with 8 players, but it was close. The suspense added to the whole thing... I had a blast.

I've never heard of anyone claiming a hall with 1 or 3 players, so I can't comment on that. I'd recommend reaching out to some common friends who play and may be in another guild to see if you can get a 7-9 player group together for Windswept. If it takes a little more or less for a HoT hall, that could be an option as well. If it's tough to find that many folks directly, post a request on the forums. You may be able to get some volunteers to help out, depending on when you're going to give it a shot.

Edit: In game chat could net you some people too, hopefully volunteers versus mercenaries!

Best of luck in this!

Windswept Haven, the hall in the Crystal Desert, is reportedly smaller, which would theoretically make it easier to run to each target as it pops up, but the HoT ones are not really that difficult with a team of 8 or 9--they scale up at 10 and add another boss, which you'd probably want to avoid. If you are interested in the guild hall weapons introduced with HoT, you need a crystal that sometimes drops from the ore node in the related hall to craft them--the skins are different, so check the wiki to see if you like one or the other. The ore node in Windswept Haven gives obsidian shards instead, which is nice if you're more interested in legendaries.

It will probably be easier to find volunteers (after Halloween) to help you claim Windswept Haven, but it's not impossible to find people in either of the HoT maps willing to help. I usually do, if someone asks and I'm not in the middle of something. If you're on NA, feel free to drop me a note in-game and see if I'm not busy when you get ready to claim.

ETA: I also recommend checking out some videos of the event, so you know what to expect.

There were no halls before Heart of Thorns. There are only Lost Precipice off of Verdant Brink, Gilded Hollow off of Auric Basin, and now Windswept Haven off of Domain of Vabbi. If you're determined to try it with a group of 3-4, Windswept Haven is probably your best bet, if the reports that it is smaller are true.

OK, thank you.. obviously I'm really new at this hall thing! Ever since the system stopped doing influence, the guild has just sort of sat there. I didn't realize halls weren't available before. We'll either keep doing without, or maybe get a wild hair in a couple weeks and see if there are people who want to help in HoT :)

Sure. Plan on taking upgrading your hall very slowly. You can do it with a small guild, but it takes a lot of coin and materials. My main guild finished the last upgrade just a couple of months before PoF landed, with around 8 members actively working on it from when we claimed it shortly after HoT launched.

Also, be aware that leveling a scribe costs an absolute fortune. If your guild has a high level of trust, I'd really recommend that you have one person level and others feed them materials for it, then once you have a max level scribe, decide if anyone else wants or needs to go to the expense. I definitely recommend using one of the crafting guides available and any crafting boosts you have squirreled away to save as much gold as possible.

We found Gilded Hollow the easiest.

My guild isually 1-4 players regularly logging in. It took a year to get most of the main upgrades, with scribing done in about 6 months. It is a monstrously resource and material intensive task for a tiny group to work on.

On the flip side, it makes it extremely satisfying!

I don't mind slow, tedious projects one bit, and I agree the satisfaction from accomplishing even the smallest things can be awesome! Main thing is getting it to begin with, and again, I appreciate the help here from those who responded. I've looked over videos now, so am a bit more aware of what I'm getting into. I should of started with that, instead of scouring websites for info. Happy hunting, all!

@Zionka.6897 said:I don't mind slow, tedious projects one bit, and I agree the satisfaction from accomplishing even the smallest things can be awesome! Main thing is getting it to begin with, and again, I appreciate the help here from those who responded. I've looked over videos now, so am a bit more aware of what I'm getting into. I should of started with that, instead of scouring websites for info. Happy hunting, all!

One thing i will say, is although we got gilded hollow, the upgraded level 2 buildings are rather dull and the gold structures overpowered a lot of decorations. I much prefer the other hot one, but for the 100g and effort to organise so few, we have opted to the new one instead. Def research the 3 and go with the one you all like best. It is a lot of effort for so few to change

Archived