Raffling of Precursor:Dawn (I need help)

So, I obtained Dawn from the forge today and I want to raffle it off so I can personally make some money but being fair as well. I have people disbelieving me and calling me a scammer...How do I go about this the correct way with maximizing my profit WITHOUT scamming anyone? Is Raffling allowed? - i have people telling me theyve seen people get banned as its a form of "gambling".

I just want help organizing this

If you're determined to not use the TP to just sell it, your best bet would be to set up an in-game raffle in one of your guilds.

However, any kind of raffle event runs the risk of devolving into accusations of scamming. Unless you're well-known in your guild and trusted by everyone participating, participants have no way of knowing for certain that you actually HAVE that precursor (pinging can be faked with item codes from the wiki after all), that the raffle will be an honest one and that the winner will actually receive that item.

The only time I've seen raffle-type giveaways for high-value items like precursors, it's been done by streamers on Twitch. And in those cases, they're not doing if for money for themselves, they're giving the items away free to their communities.

Otherwise, as DeanBB mentioned, you're better off just selling it to the highest bidder on the TP or going through one of those player-to-player trading guilds (also subject to risk if you don't have a trusted middleman).

I agree that doing it through your guild would be a good option. Just the fact that you could be kicked (as well as reported) if you're scamming them adds risk for you and therefore makes it less likely it would be a scam. But depending on the guild and your involvement in it they may also be people who know and trust you to be honest.

If you're the guild leader or they're willing to allow this you could also use the guild bank to run it - put the precursor in there so players can see you really do have it and it's not bound to your account, then they put the gold in there and once the raffle is over the leader grants permissions to each person in turn to remove their winnings/profits.

An alternative is to go through a middleman - someone who gets given the precursor and the gold and holds onto both until the raffle is over. The problem of course is finding a middleman the other players can trust and know isn't just in on the scam with you. That will largely depend on where you advertise the raffle, for example if you do it through your guild you could ask the leader to be the middleman, or if you're going through a fan site you could pick another member of that community that other players know and trust. It's extremely difficult to do that if you're just announcing it in map chat because the game's community is big enough that there's no way for everyone to know everyone else.