What a horrible state of the warrior class in pvp

kmark.8519

I just returned to play after 2 years and after a few weeks, what can I say, I can't recognize my beloved class. There are no words how nerfed and weak this class became in pvp. I don't know what happened, I won't read 2 years of patch notes, but I don't think this class was in a worse state - compared to the other classes - before (i'm talking about pvp, not playing other game modes atm).

At first I was quite shocked about how bad I became (I mean really really awfully extremely bad), but after a few weeks I have realized it's not -just- me. There is basically zero sustain, you are forced to spam your skills without strategy or consideration (literally) to survive and when they all go on cooldown you just die, regardless of the opponent. Then you check the combat log and see all kind of 2k condi stacks ticking on you just the next second after Shake it off, 5-7k insta shots from most classes and what not, and between the lines you can see your miserable 200 hp self healing tics and 650 damage swings... my Bulls charge and Shield Bash are routinely evaded and people just step out of big damage channells without effort.

Who the heck even plays this class in pvp at this moment and why? How can you play a class that is so deep down bottom of the food chain that there is a whole ecosystem between you and the next class?

Warrior isn't great right now but not horrible. It is however no longer a group fighter. Its really a roamer. The spellbreaker build on meta battle is what I would recommend to based off from. Your big stuns are useless anymore so having danger 3 and full counter are their replacements. You can't just tank damage you really have to move out of aoe and even LOS at times to keep yourself alive. You do however have a great match up against guardian and most boom heavy classes

Because Net guys dont know what to do with it....What is the purpose of the warrior in 2020..DPS? Mobility?Tank?Healer? Range? Male?....What ? ..If you ask them i dont think will get a answer ...If you compare other games Warriors end gw2 is like night end day.....GW2 have the worst warrior class of all MMOs in 2020...The skills, the animations e spatially in the current META...In wvw the only one skill keep warrior( sorry SB cause vanilla warrior cant come close) in a group.. is the kitten bauble...end thats it ...nothing more, nothing less... warrior GS is in such sorry state sins ..what? 2013... end the fumy thing is.... no one cares... so.. whatever!

I understand where you're coming from. Playing warrior was less punishing before feb-patch. It's still pretty fun to play and you can outplay most classes if your timing is good. ANet dev has stated himself that warrior is at the right place and their goal is to tone down other classes to what warrior is right now. Kinda wishing they were doing such things faster though. ANet is so darn slow and inconsistent, it hurts.

But warrior is not as horrible as you may think. I play only warrior and you just gotta get used to current state of it.

the fact that warrior has highest health pool and armor at the same time is preventing anet giving warrior anything good for pvpwhich is skills with high potential aka hard damage mitigation/decent range skill/low after casts.

the fact that damage is lower meaning utilities outshine self performance damage output = warrior is undesirable..

What makes me laugh about this balance around HP rubbish is that 1 class (which is of the medium health bracket) can quickly deliver 2 attacks very quickly which land for 5-9k damage, this class also has an insane amount of damage mods, (which i do believe is the only class in the game that has damage mods in pvp that add up to around 97% more damage).Now i can understand if these damage mods were to make up for a lack of damage on your actual weapons... but those alone hit like trucks as it is... ( Im sure you can work out which class it is now).

I just do hope the next elite spec makes up for everything the warrior is lacking in its current state... and who knows we might actually get a balance patch before the new year... or maybe we'll be that very dog sat in the burning room saying 'this is fine'.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

I just do hope the next elite spec makes up for everything the warrior is lacking in its current state... and who knows we might actually get a balance patch before the new year... or maybe we'll be that very dog sat in the burning room saying 'this is fine'.

So you HOPE to play a so so potentially good Warrior some time in 2021....you kidding right ? .......So what we should do til then ????......Go in wvw end spam bubbles ?Waiting every 3 months for 6 years for that((((( BALANCE))))) Update end every time i read warrior want to smash my pc..........Actually whay we are talking here....no one is listening end no one cares...........................

@Valik Shin.9027 said:Warrior isn't great right now but not horrible. It is however no longer a group fighter. Its really a roamer. The spellbreaker build on meta battle is what I would recommend to based off from. Your big stuns are useless anymore so having danger 3 and full counter are their replacements. You can't just tank damage you really have to move out of aoe and even LOS at times to keep yourself alive. You do however have a great match up against guardian and most boom heavy classes

Pretty much everything you described is a huge problem since warriors were essentially built around being able to do these things, when they were taken away and nothing was added to take their place well, we end up being the worst class in PvP and WvW like we are now. Even against Guardians a warriors boon removal is dramatically outstripped by their boon application so even that niche role is questionable.

@Atticus.7194 said:

@"Valik Shin.9027" said:Warrior isn't great right now but not horrible. It is however no longer a group fighter. Its really a roamer. The spellbreaker build on meta battle is what I would recommend to based off from. Your big stuns are useless anymore so having danger 3 and full counter are their replacements. You can't just tank damage you really have to move out of aoe and even LOS at times to keep yourself alive. You do however have a great match up against guardian and most boom heavy classes

Pretty much everything you described is a huge problem since warriors were essentially built around being able to do these things, when they were taken away and nothing was added to take their place well, we end up being the worst class in PvP and WvW like we are now. Even against Guardians a warriors boon removal is dramatically outstripped by their boon application so even that niche role is questionable.

This is the description of war.

"Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become."

In 2020 reading this, it's a joke.

@kmark.8519 said:I just returned to play after 2 years and after a few weeks, what can I say, I can't recognize my beloved class. There are no words how nerfed and weak this class became in pvp. I don't know what happened, I won't read 2 years of patch notes, but I don't think this class was in a worse state - compared to the other classes - before (i'm talking about pvp, not playing other game modes atm).

1. For the mist important changes simply read the patch notes from February 25th.
  2. War isnt the strongest 1v1 class anymore, shit happens.
  3. With solid fundamentals and knowledge/muscle memory of war mechanics you should still be fine and in a good spot.
  4. The main Difference is that we play with mending instead of Heal Signet. You may need to learn when to use it.(it is one of the strongest Heals in the game now)
  5. In 2 years there were quite some skill reworks (mostly on other classes) and we all know the quote from the art of war I assume. Knowing what your enemy can do is arguabky more important in this game in the first place. (examples Explosive Entrance and the stability on weavers)
  6. There is always the iption to betray your beloved war and ride the flavour-of-the-balance-patch-builds (aka the OP builds). But that is just messed up.

There are some builds that can be still productive some people can still reach gold and whatever. but tbh I don't enjoy any of these since it takes way too much stress, guesswork, luck and cramps in my hands to make the class enjoyable. Instead, I'm enjoying my shout heals build. usually people don't expect you to wander around as a warrior purely focused supporting other players in your team and some even think "oh it's a lil core warrior baby let's take it down first." I tank like a boss while my necro friend sucking the soul out of them. as soon as they realize what I'm doing they leave me alone to focus on others. then I switch to maces or hammer to CC them while still sharing might vigor other buffs and heals. Kite them, annoy them position myself right and help the team best I can and to me that's fun. This is just how I like it now, I'm not suggesting to do what I do.

@"artharon.9276" said:There are some builds that can be still productive some people can still reach gold and whatever. but tbh I don't enjoy any of these since it takes way too much stress, guesswork, luck and cramps in my hands to make the class enjoyable. Instead, I'm enjoying my shout heals build. usually people don't expect you to wander around as a warrior purely focused supporting other players in your team and some even think "oh it's a lil core warrior baby let's take it down first." I tank like a boss while my necro friend sucking the soul out of them. as soon as they realize what I'm doing they leave me alone to focus on others. then I switch to maces or hammer to CC them while still sharing might vigor other buffs and heals. Kite them, annoy them position myself right and help the team best I can and to me that's fun. This is just how I like it now, I'm not suggesting to do what I do.

....gold is bot level...any working bot with bunker build will reach gold..i can reach gold by pressing random keys while being naked...reach gold is really nothing.any decently playable build should be able to reach plat soloq, which right now is pretty hard on warrior.

i don't really care if one class being weak or anythingproblem with warrior is that not only it's bad, but it's extremely limited and unable to surpass it's mechanical limitation.

look at mesmer, people can still reach top 25 even back in march, because it is mechanically possible for one skilled individual to outplay and advance in the ladder..

that's why everytime warrior is bad, it's just completely dead.that's what i've been trying to change since 2013, if a class has the mechanics, it will still be playable even tho it's bad.look at thief, even if thief has gotten incredible weak, people will still be able to play and reach top ladder.but warrior if it's bad, it's just unplayable and dead

@felix.2386 so im just p2 with a unplayable and dead class you wana say? xd nice now i feel like a god xD! .... okay jokes aside ^^ warrior isnt that bad if you know how to play it rly good. (For sure its just ways bader than most meta builds) Akutally you could play it on more defence amulett to get good damage and good sustain ( things like Maurauder or Demolisher Amulet for sure)

warrior is ok, May be to much ok.Wait some balance, especially for warriror, in mmo game very strange for me.But anyway you can not worry, we have very cool mmr join system, so not depend from class you will get mostly same opponents in party.So no matter how nerfed or buffed yourc class or biuld - you have fun.

@"Arklite.4013" said:Warrior isn't that bad. I pushed to plat basically camping far as SB all season. You just have to be really careful and abuse every advantage you get. The issue is more that other classes are really good and a lot more straightforward.

That's a funny way of saying "warriors can reach plat if a very good player is using them but it'd be much easier on a less obtuse, less underpowered, more straight forward class" in which case welcome to the party we've been saying that for a long time now.

i learned a long time ago that unless you're dead set on playing one class you need to be a multi class player. I recommend 3 classes so that you can switch between them as the meta changes. I am primarily a wvw player and prefer roaming to zerging. I started with Guardian but switched to warrior quickly as i prefered the mobility. Then went to Scrapper and Power Rev during HOT days. In POF i played Holo, Spb and Herald. Those 3 classes/elites are the ones i have the most experience with and like to play. In current meta Holo is OP so im happy and can play it, If ANET nerfs it relative to Herald or Spb i can always go to them.

Don't be a single class "main" . You can be decent on more than one class.

TLDR: learn at least 3 classes and you can ride the waves of ANET's poor balancing with very little stress.

@Valik Shin.9027 said:Warrior isn't great right now but not horrible. It is however no longer a group fighter. Its really a roamer. The spellbreaker build on meta battle is what I would recommend to based off from. Your big stuns are useless anymore so having danger 3 and full counter are their replacements. You can't just tank damage you really have to move out of aoe and even LOS at times to keep yourself alive. You do however have a great match up against guardian and most boom heavy classes

In what world has warrior ever been good against guardian, and hiw have recent changes favored warrior against guardian? I dont even rly play this game anymore, but still, please explain what advantage warrior has over guardian with its permablocks and blinds.

The problem with Warrior right now is how they were played before, and how trait changes forced them out of it.

SoH, Defense line HoT are all used in conjunction with invul stances and auto stances from traits in order to make up a huge part of Warrior defense.When auto stances got nerfed to 5 min cooldown, it became unreliable to use them, and Warriors were robbed of minute cooldown stunbreaks, one of which gave pulsing stab, the other giving physical invul.

This just messes everything up because now they can't safely run Berserker Stance for the pulsing Resistance, because they either risk getting stunned without Balanced Stance and losing a Stunbreak along with that, or they can choose not to run it and lose the Adrenaline gain from it as well as Resistance, making them weaker to Condi bursts.

And on top of that, they nerfed Might Makes Right.

It's all annoying.

@RedShark.9548 said:

In what world has warrior ever been good against guardian, and hiw have recent changes favored warrior against guardian? I dont even rly play this game anymore, but still, please explain what advantage warrior has over guardian with its permablocks and blinds.

I think he means the unblock-able boon rip (3 boons) from f1 dagger. It went from 2 to 3 boons. 3 is good. Break Enchantments was also increased from 3 to 4 Boons. Along with FC (1 Boon), and certain sigils, you can really strip Guardians important boons, without them they are squishy AF.

That's on paper though. We all know that in reality Dagger F1's are not always landing as well as FC's. Boons are also re-applied so quickly that if you are missing any rips then you cant keep up and it feels like you are not even doing anything. They did up the power Co-efficient on Dagger F1 though from .7 to .9 which helped a little.

I still feel like dagger was gutted, especially the offhand.