WvW Revolution!

Clyan.1593

Remove Zergs:

• new max squad size is 20
  • Going close to a member of a different squad reduces movement by 80%, debuff called "mist repulsion" (distance has to be tested)
  • By joining a squad armor is dyed to commander's tag color
  • Upon entering WvW you get assigned to the "roamer population", colored white
  • Roaming / playing outside of a squad will downscale your level to 50 to ensure roamer blobs don't work against squads

If necessary reduce HP of structures to fit new party sizes overall dmg output.

Now we have more smaller battles around the map and the game mode is less AOE spamming but more individual skill.Roamers can do their thing or - if refusing to join a squad - are useless.

Overall this will create a more dynamic battlefield, give more space to strategic thinking and coordination among the commanders.Players will also be more spread out on the map, using up all the empty and bare landscape we have right now.

EDIT:I knew I'd get quite some hate for this post, but let's face it. Alliances won't save this mode, unless it provides additional and significant changes to gameplay.You're delusional if you believe otherwise.The vast majority of people that don't enjoy WvW in the first place all complain about the same thing: That it's dull. They go in only to farm Gift of Battle.One might say that those people don't belong in WvW then, but I would argue against that, especially since this mode is lacking popularity.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Clyan.1593 said:

@"RedCobra.7693" said:This feels incredibly biased, im guessing you play in a squad of 20 within your guild right? just a hunch

No i don't. Why biased, I don't understand.

People complain about how WvW is not good and is abandoned by the devs.Time to give them suggestions. If mine is kitten then be it. I did my part.

WvW has always been a loved gamemode by the players but diminished due to late development. GvG support, no rewards, having to play other game modes to get gear...the latest solution which could work is the alliance system however we've been waiting much too long for this as usual. the good thing about roaming is you can easily switch from taking camps to quickly joining a zerg for a keep and then back to roaming. theres already issues with the squad limit cap in the upper servers of wvw and makes people feel left out. you want less of that not more. zergs become an issue when matchups are not balanced once again we wait for alliances to "Hopefully" resolve this.

@Clyan.1593 said:People complain about how WvW is not good and is abandoned by the devs.Time to give them suggestions. If mine is kitten then be it. I did my part.People give them suggestions all the time, have given them suggestions for 8 years, good suggestions, and they never really act on them.

The issue people complain about is clearly not a lack of suggestions for them to act upon.

@RedCobra.7693 said:

@RedCobra.7693 said:This feels incredibly biased, im guessing you play in a squad of 20 within your guild right? just a hunch

People complain about how WvW is not good and is abandoned by the devs.Time to give them suggestions. If mine is kitten then be it. I did my part.

WvW has always been a loved gamemode by the players but diminished due to late development. GvG support, no rewards rewards, having to play other game modes to get gear...the latest solution which could work is the alliance system however we've been waiting much too long for this as usual. the good thing about roaming is you can easily switch from taking camps to quickly joining a zerg for a keep and then back to roaming. theres already issues with the squad limit cap in the upper servers of wvw and makes people feel left out. you want less of that not more. zergs become an issue when matchups are not balanced once again we wait for alliances to "Hopefully" resolve this.

Yes I want less Zergs because zergs are mindless skill spamming - except if youre the commander maybe.You can't tell me you actually have a clue what youre focusing on while navigating through 30 red aoe circles and unload dmg into a clump of enemy players.You are already not thinking too much while running after a tag wherever it goes. If the com stops in front of a door you unpack your rams and whatnot and hope the enemy zerg won't fall into your back. It's objectively not interesting.

No offense, but I have to disagree: It's not a gamemode loved by the players, only the WvW players themselfs (supposedly) that at the same time are asking for more updates.You think a bunch new skins and an alliance system will repopulate this mode? I guarantee that's not gonna happen. This mode lacks depth in gameplay, and unless it becomes more entertaining and engaging, it's continuously going to suffer and fade away.

@Clyan.1593 said:

@RedCobra.7693 said:This feels incredibly biased, im guessing you play in a squad of 20 within your guild right? just a hunch

WvW has always been a loved gamemode by the players but diminished due to late development. GvG support, no rewards rewards, having to play other game modes to get gear...the latest solution which could work is the alliance system however we've been waiting much too long for this as usual. the good thing about roaming is you can easily switch from taking camps to quickly joining a zerg for a keep and then back to roaming. theres already issues with the squad limit cap in the upper servers of wvw and makes people feel left out. you want less of that not more. zergs become an issue when matchups are not balanced once again we wait for alliances to "Hopefully" resolve this.

Yes I want less Zergs because zergs are mindless skill spamming - except if youre the commander maybe.You can't tell me you actually have a clue what youre focusing on while navigating through 30 red aoe circles and unload dmg into a clump of enemy players.You are already not thinking too much while running after a tag wherever it goes. If the com stops in front of a door you unpack your rams and whatnot and hope the enemy zerg won't fall into your back. It's objectively not interesting.

No offense, but I have to disagree: It's not a gamemode loved by the players, only the WvW players themselfs (supposedly) that at the same time are asking for more updates.You think a bunch new skins and an alliance system will repopulate this mode? I guarantee that's not gonna happen. This mode lacks depth in gameplay, and unless it becomes more entertaining and engaging, it's continuously going to suffer and fade away.

its not a gamemode loved by the players only the wvw players? bit of an oxymoron, no one love cars only car lovers love cars.

what I meant is that it was a gamemode loved by players as in there were devotees, not so much anymore. its a gamemode to have massive battles, you want smart pvp then conquest is for you. wvw is more about when to push and when to retreat.

@RedCobra.7693 said:

its not a gamemode loved by the players only the wvw players? bit of an oxymoron, no one love cars only car lovers love cars.

what I meant is that it was a gamemode loved by players as in there were devotees, not so much anymore. its a gamemode to have massive battles, you want smart pvp then conquest is for you. wvw is more about when to push and when to retreat.

Cars are fine, but wvw gameplay isn't, that's why this comparison doesn't work. WvW as a game mode is totally viable, but the core problem is its gameplay. Fact is if you convince a PvE player to get into WvW they usually get bored quite fast from just running mindlessly around bashing structures and enemy zergs. This is why future updates based on this gameplay won't repopulate this mode.

It's a bit like all those meta bosses that are just sponges for damage, only that in WvW it's far worse. With less zergs you have more individual skill involved, more strategy, more coordination, and less of everything that cripples this mode. Drizzlewood coast suffers from the same problem, where you follow either the com east or west and run from objective to objective without ever having to invest more than 2 brain cells. It's basically a grind simulator for XP and mats, something you usually only do when attempting to craft something expensive like a legendary.

And yes, I see that there are "devotees" to WvW, but these are the actual biased people, complaining and yet unable to understand why this mode is so unpopular.

I get it, you want the zergs to stay, I respect that, but honestly I think it's the weakest part of this mode if not even the actual problem.

@"Clyan.1593" said:Remove Zergs:

• Going close to a member of a different squad reduces movement by 80%, debuff called "mist repulsion" (distance has to be tested)
  • Roaming / playing outside of a squad will downscale your level to 50 to ensure roamer blobs don't work against squads

Now we have more smaller battles around the map and the game mode is less AOE spamming but more individual skill.Roamers can do their thing or - if refusing to join a squad - are useless.

Overall this will create a more dynamic battlefield, give more space to strategic thinking and coordination among the commanders.Players will also be more spread out on the map, using up all the empty and bare landscape we have right now.

No it won't.

You'll only be mindlessly be bashing doors if the matchup is unbalanced. if all three servers are populated enough its zerg v zerg, which is undoubtably more fun that what you say. I can agree that what you mention is the current state for me as I'm on gandara a mid tier if we get paired with a high pop server we steamroll if we get paired with a low tier we get steamrolled. no fights just bashing doors.

Alliances is what a lot of players are hoping will solve this issue. its been sort of an issue since the start of the game since you could always just transfer to gold tier and get decent fights. along with alliances they should bring in more features for guilds to have impact, theres no longevity within the mode, its repeat wxp until 10,000 and thats it.

So you want to alienate every single guild with 21+ active players. What nice and forward thinking.I could see stopping the stack of players on each other, but your idea is way over the top.

new max squad size is 2025+ is orange swords, so basically nobody can orange on their own then?Going close to a member of a different squad reduces movement by 80%, debuff called "mist repulsion" (distance has to be tested)So they're going to spend dev hours on this why?By joining a squad armor is dyed to commander's tag colorSame thing as everyone using the same guild tag, no? So more wasted dev hours...Upon entering WvW you get assigned to the "roamer population", colored whiteWhy?Roaming / playing outside of a squad will downscale your level to 50 to ensure roamer blobs don't work against squadsEveryone is upscaled to 80 right now, doing this would accomplish nothing. If you want to equalize stats scale everyone to exotic or ascended (pick one) and then stop the use of karka potions (+150 toughness).It seems you're against people sniping you on your way back to a fight, that just means you need better map awareness and utilization of your equipment/build templates.If necessary reduce HP of structures to fit new party sizes overall dmg output.Other than gates there is no point to this suggestion , there is only mortars/cannons/oil that are structures. Reducing their health would be more beneficial to large groups (which I'm pretty sure is the opposite of what you're aiming for) because unlike keep lords their health doesn't scale.

Also having wiped so-called fight guilds with a bunch of PUGs half the size via clouding, this overall suggestion isn't even needed. Seems like the entire idea was written by someone who spent a total of one week in WvW casually.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:As a vet in wvw I feel the OPs suggestion is so far from acceptable I can’t even comment on individual parts of it. On the other hand, if ANet ever wanted to put the final nail in the coffin for wvw this would definitely be the way to do it.

No no he's onto something, join a squad and get level 80 and then proceed to roam stomping all the level 50's 500iq

@RedCobra.7693 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:As a vet in wvw I feel the OPs suggestion is so far from acceptable I can’t even comment on individual parts of it. On the other hand, if ANet ever wanted to put the final nail in the coffin for wvw this would definitely be the way to do it.

No no he's onto something, join a squad and get level 80 and then proceed to roam stomping all the level 50's 500iq

Except his suggestion is to down level you to 50 if you leave the squad. pfft

EDIT:I knew I'd get quite some hate for this post, but let's face it. Alliances won't save this mode, unless it provides additional and significant changes to gameplay.You're delusional if you believe otherwise.The vast majority of people that don't enjoy WvW in the first place all complain about the same thing: That it's dull. They go in only to farm Gift of Battle.One might say that those people don't belong in WvW then, but I would argue against that, especially since this mode is lacking popularity.

Remove the ability to party up, force everyone to be a roamer. See I Can make up BS statements as If I knew remotely anything about the game mode, strictly to make it better for me and my friends. Look how smart I am GG. In all seriousness this is ridiculous and EVERY type of playstyle and group-type/roamer should have a place in the game, Objectives should be harder and more lucrative and worthwhile to capture and hold.

You BS suggestion is what would lead to the modes death, so this is a no for me with a big oof on the side.

@Infusion.7149 said:So you want to alienate every single guild with 21+ active players. What nice and forward thinking.I could see stopping the stack of players on each other, but your idea is way over the top.

20 was just a suggestions, but even if it weren't nothing stops you from creating more than 1 squad.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:new max squad size is 2025+ is orange swords, so basically nobody can orange on their own then?

There is no universal law for this to require 25+ people, but again just a suggestion.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Going close to a member of a different squad reduces movement by 80%, debuff called "mist repulsion" (distance has to be tested)So they're going to spend dev hours on this why?

Yes, obviously every change, every update, even the slightiest adjustment causes dev time. Surprise.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:By joining a squad armor is dyed to commander's tag colorSame thing as everyone using the same guild tag, no? So more wasted dev hours...

No it's not the same, and if you cannot figure out why this is needed, I suppose it's just a waste of time explaining it.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Upon entering WvW you get assigned to the "roamer population", colored whiteWhy?

See answer above.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Roaming / playing outside of a squad will downscale your level to 50 to ensure roamer blobs don't work against squadsEveryone is upscaled to 80 right now, doing this would accomplish nothing. If you want to equalize stats scale everyone to exotic or ascended (pick one) and then stop the use of karka potions (+150 toughness).

I literally wrote down why this is mandatory.Besides roamers simply would be upscaled to 50 and as squad members to 80, nothing special here.

@Infusion.7149 said:It seems you're against people sniping you on your way back to a fight, that just means you need better map awareness and utilization of your equipment/build templates.

No, i'm not against that, but I admit that without additional mechanics sniping squad members wouldn't really work anymore.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:If necessary reduce HP of structures to fit new party sizes overall dmg output.Other than gates there is no point to this suggestion , there is only mortars/cannons/oil that are structures. Reducing their health would be more beneficial to large groups (which I'm pretty sure is the opposite of what you're aiming for) because unlike keep lords their health doesn't scale.

Gates and walls are what I had in mind. Placeable structure might require a look at too, but that's secondary.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Remove the ability to party up, force everyone to be a roamer. See I Can make up BS statements as If I knew remotely anything about the game mode, strictly to make it better for me and my friends. Look how smart I am GG. In all seriousness this is ridiculous and EVERY type of playstyle and group-type/roamer should have a place in the game, Objectives should be harder and more lucrative and worthwhile to capture and hold.

You BS suggestion is what would lead to the modes death, so this is a no for me with a big oof on the side.

You can still party up. Really there is no big change here if you think about it. A lone roamer wouldn't win against a zerg either.If you want to fight a squad you simply have to find 19 other people that will join your squad.If you don't find them you will roam and fight other roamers.

Of course as a vet you're against this. Because you like the way WvW is designed generally, you wouldn't be a vet otherwise. Then again the only people who like WvW as it is right now are these kind of people. Everyone else doesn't even talk about WvW. This mode basically is already dead, and only continues to exist for the ones dedicated to its weak design. Ironically the only people complaining about WvW are exactly the same, and they will continue to complain into a void. And why? Because in its current state WvW isn't popular, and that for good reason.

@RedCobra.7693 said:

Hurr hurr, because that's exactly what zergs already can do. And they actually do it hurr hurr - not.

@Clyan.1593 said:

Hurr hurr, because that's exactly what zergs already can do. And they actually do it hurr hurr - not.

So.., did Mag make you mad?

Yeah... downscaling people outside of a squad is a wonderful idea. /s

Troll thread right? You're trying to nerf everything that's not in your squad and you disregard the reality of WvW servers and matchups. Your structure would funnel small squads into a section of a map where there would be no overlap with other squads and they wouldn't move. Just play in your guild hall at that point. Squads and groups work together and roamers/floaters/scouts help out when they can, it's a large scale social game mode, your squad lacking a decent composition or leadership is your problem.