Seraph + Rabid/Apoth OW Build

TheAgedGnome.7520

I'm finding Revenant the most difficult profession to feel comfortable with. (First improvement was to turn off the stupid voices from the legends - how fucking annoying.)

Trying to find an OW build that can solo but also do some healing/support in group events. Currently I'm running a mixed Marshals/Cleric/Celestial/Berzerker mix sw/sw power build, but mace/axe feels so good that maybe a condi build would be better..

Rather than a full tanky Trailblazer build, I'm playing around with the idea of Seraph + Rabid/Apoth trinkets to get some healing power in the build.

Runes could vary. Looking for some feedback on this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAIlflhQJsIiiJRTMIqiBShMBagjuTdrC-zRRYYBjG1sxoTJEKD0PL6eDA-e

Your stat spread is kind of all over the place and inefficient. 600 healing power is also too low for any noticeable heals regardless of class (not even enough to self sustain on elementalist). I would recommend reworking the build from the ground up.

What you've mentioned you're looking for is a build that can solo but also offers heals and support. I'd recommend a diviners renegade, you can refer to metabattle.com for the build/gear. It doesn't have anything in the way of direct heals but offers high sustain through life leech with soul cleaves summit group support through giving out might and one of the most critical boons in the game, alacrity. It also offers protection and damage reduction for condition with its heal (this also gives out minor healing).

Thanks for the feedback, but this is intentionally a hybrid build, and my experience w/power rev or herald is that I can't make it work with a glass build like all-Diviners. Maybe some can, but I find it too fragile. I was running a Rabid/Settler mix last nite to approximate my build and was pretty happy with the results. I may use plaguedoctors for back & accessories, and apothecary for rings & amulet, which will bring my HP to just over 1k.

@Strider.7849 said:Your stat spread is kind of all over the place and inefficient. 600 healing power is also too low for any noticeable heals regardless of class (not even enough to self sustain on elementalist). I would recommend reworking the build from the ground up.

What you've mentioned you're looking for is a build that can solo but also offers heals and support. I'd recommend a diviners renegade, you can refer to metabattle.com for the build/gear. It doesn't have anything in the way of direct heals but offers high sustain through life leech with soul cleaves summit group support through giving out might and one of the most critical boons in the game, alacrity. It also offers protection and damage reduction for condition with its heal (this also gives out minor healing).

I don't know about this, data shows that you retain up to 80% effectiveness with 600 Healing Power, which is why its such a common number. Like all stat scalings except Power it has diminishing returns the higher it goes.

The only reason Power doesn't have dimishing returns is it explodes exponentially with Precision & Ferocity.

@ OP:I run Harrier's armor & weapons with Seraph's trinkets on Rev. It works better than you'd think, her stats come out very similar to her full Viper's set except a bit lower Power and alot lower Condition Damage, but still high enough to matter.

It can have ~98% crit rate so permanent 160% damage from just the base Ferocity + Kalla's Fervor.

Note that Renegade works better than Herald here; you can't beat permanent 25 Might, Alacrity and Protection. Plus Renegade group heals are far stronger than Herald due to life siphoning, while Herald has almost no ally heals.

The Protection also provides about the same amount of defense you'd get with Toughness & Vitality.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Strider.7849 said:Your stat spread is kind of all over the place and inefficient. 600 healing power is also too low for any noticeable heals regardless of class (not even enough to self sustain on elementalist). I would recommend reworking the build from the ground up.

I don't know about this, data shows that you retain up to 80% effectiveness with 600 Healing Power, which is why its such a common number. Like all stat scalings except Power it has diminishing returns the higher it goes.

The only reason Power doesn't have dimishing returns is it explodes exponentially with Precision & Ferocity.

@ OP:I run Harrier's armor & weapons with Seraph's trinkets on Rev. It works better than you'd think, her stats come out very similar to her full Viper's set except a bit lower Power and alot lower Condition Damage, but still high enough to matter.

It can have ~98% crit rate so permanent 160% damage from just the base Ferocity + Kalla's Fervor.

Note that Renegade works better than Herald here; you can't beat permanent 25 Might, Alacrity and Protection. Plus Renegade group heals are far stronger than Herald due to life siphoning, while Herald has almost no ally heals.

The Protection also provides about the same amount of defense you'd get with Toughness & Vitality.

You can't really compare healing power to power though, they function for entirely different purposes. Especially with modifiers in play. I've never tried revenant with the 600-700 range without modifiers and I do know it has the highest capacity for heals so it may be different - however I main a healer and have used different stat combinations across many classes.

A few things to note: I approach the build being a high end PvE and PvP player, and for open world I guess in general you can almost make anything work. I could put together a build with no traitlines and one piece of different gear in each slot and find some success. I was just offering a suggestion which would be more impactful based on what he originally said he wanted. So I looked at it in perhaps the wrong angle.

Since I glanced at the build from that perspective a few things I looked at were high Crit chance with no investment in power OR any application of conditions on Crit. Hammer being used as a weapon, where staff would be a better choice. Low healing power which would be ineffective for allied support. Some positives in it, good cushion for damage with a high amount of direct condition damage. Also when it comes to boon duration and condition duration I aim for a breakpoint that affects the build with a goal in mind (random example: adding in 15.45% condition duration just enough to make specific ticks go from 1.25secs to 1.5. real example: using 82.67% boon duration to be able to upkeep permanent quickness on firebrand with the most variety of build options). That however is countered by the fact it has low application of conditions.

@Strider.7849 said:

You can't really compare healing power to power though, they function for entirely different purposes. Especially with modifiers in play. I've never tried revenant with the 600-700 range without modifiers and I do know it has the highest capacity for heals so it may be different - however I main a healer and have used different stat combinations across many classes.

A few things to note: I approach the build being a high end PvE and PvP player, and for open world I guess in general you can almost make anything work. I could put together a build with no traitlines and one piece of different gear in each slot and find some success. I was just offering a suggestion which would be more impactful based on what he originally said he wanted. So I looked at it in perhaps the wrong angle.

Since I glanced at the build from that perspective a few things I looked at were high Crit chance with no investment in power OR any application of conditions on Crit. Hammer being used as a weapon, where staff would be a better choice. Low healing power which would be ineffective for allied support. Some positives in it, good cushion for damage with a high amount of direct condition damage. Also when it comes to boon duration and condition duration I aim for a breakpoint that affects the build with a goal in mind (random example: adding in 15.45% condition duration just enough to make specific ticks go from 1.25secs to 1.5. real example: using 82.67% boon duration to be able to upkeep permanent quickness on firebrand with the most variety of build options). That however is countered by the fact it has low application of conditions.

I just wanted to share this bit from the wiki that might be helpful when it comes to the fine tuning:

While the actual duration of a condition is never rounded, the display in a skill's tooltip will show the duration rounded to the nearest quarter of a second (0s, ¼, ½, ¾ and 1s). Conditions which inflict damage over time (bleeding, burning, torment and poisoned) deal damage each full second and a fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration. Thus, if a skill that inflicts poison with a duration of 6 seconds has its duration increased to 6.9 seconds through traits, it will show 7s in its tooltips, but will actually only deal full damage 6 times, the remaining duration will deal a fractional damage.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

I just wanted to share this bit from the wiki that might be helpful when it comes to the fine tuning:

While the actual duration of a condition is never rounded, the display in a skill's tooltip will show the duration rounded to the nearest quarter of a second (0s, ¼, ½, ¾ and 1s). Conditions which inflict damage over time (bleeding, burning, torment and poisoned) deal damage each full second and a fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration. Thus, if a skill that inflicts poison with a duration of 6 seconds has its duration increased to 6.9 seconds through traits, it will show 7s in its tooltips, but will actually only deal full damage 6 times, the remaining duration will deal a fractional damage.

Good addition, I should've explained that as to why I used the 1.25 to 1.5 example.

@Hannelore.8153 said:@ OP:I run Harrier's armor & weapons with Seraph's trinkets on Rev. It works better than you'd think, her stats come out very similar to her full Viper's set except a bit lower Power and alot lower Condition Damage, but still high enough to matter.

That's a very interesting mix! Never would have thought of that - I'll have to check that out.

This. I know I'm going against the tide, using Herald instead of Renegade. In Dragon, Facet of Light does pulses a 1900 regen to allies. If I use Elevated Compassion I heal allies every 3 sec, but then I'm losing the boonshare to 10 allies from Draconic Echo. It's very puzzling some of the design choices ANet made w/these two elites.

@Strider.7849 said:Since I glanced at the build from that perspective a few things I looked at were high Crit chance with no investment in power OR any application of conditions on Crit.

This bothers me too. The only value I could see would be if I used on-crit sigils like Torment or Water. Plaguedoctor is another way to go instead of Seraph, but then maybe I am just making the same mistake but with health instead of crit

Hammer being used as a weapon, where staff would be a better choice.

Hammer is just for a ranged/CC option, but with the range of mace/axe, its kind of an extra. Staff I always thought of as a power weapon, but looking at it again, it might be useful for its healing abilities (and CC/blind).

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:@ OP:I run Harrier's armor & weapons with Seraph's trinkets on Rev. It works better than you'd think, her stats come out very similar to her full Viper's set except a bit lower Power and alot lower Condition Damage, but still high enough to matter.

That's a very interesting mix! Never would have thought of that - I'll have to check that out.

Well the meta build is full harrier renegade.

Note that
Renegade works better than Herald
here; you can't beat permanent 25 Might, Alacrity and Protection. Plus Renegade group heals are far stronger than Herald due to life siphoning, while Herald has almost no ally heals.

This. I know I'm going against the tide, using Herald instead of Renegade. In Dragon, Facet of Light does pulses a 1900 regen to allies. If I use Elevated Compassion I heal allies every 3 sec, but then I'm losing the boonshare to 10 allies from Draconic Echo. It's very puzzling some of the design choices ANet made w/these two elites.

This is not correct. In Dragon, your Facet of Light does Pulses of 1436 over 5.75 sec with your F2 running to increase boonduration, which is around 250 healing every sec. With the Elavated Compassion Trait you heal 576 every 3 sec. That's why its not worth trying to ramp up the regeneration with traits and concentration.For example with the Kalla Elite from Renegade you would achieve a Life Siphone of 590 per sec with your build if people just autoattack, that's more then double of your current regenaration pulses per sec and it doesn't even need regeneration.Same for these healing orbs they are so random and heal so less, it's more worth to go with the traits that increase your healing output.But if you rly wanna stick to Herald with your condi/heal hybrid just stick with full apothecary stats to get most possible condi dmg and healing power. You could put in some shaman parts if you want more vitality. This way you get the most out of your Centauer healing and your staff healing.

@Strider.7849 said:Since I glanced at the build from that perspective a few things I looked at were high Crit chance with no investment in power OR any application of conditions on Crit.

This bothers me too. The only value I could see would be if I used on-crit sigils like Torment or Water. Plaguedoctor is another way to go instead of Seraph, but then maybe I am just making the same mistake but with health instead of crit

Even with on-crit sigils the crit chance without power just isn't worth it to go for just for those, you cloud use the precision in other attributes, like healing power or condi dmg.

Hammer being used as a weapon, where staff would be a better choice.

Hammer is just for a ranged/CC option, but with the range of mace/axe, its kind of an extra. Staff I always thought of as a power weapon, but looking at it again, it might be useful for its healing abilities (and CC/blind).

Hammer just isn't worth on condi or healing build. The cc is so low and you are lock on a weapon that can do nothing but hammer 5 in these builds. With staff you have staff 5 wich has a much greater cc then hammer 5 and you have staff 2 and 4 for heal and condi cleanse.

@"FunesMori.3947" said:But if you rly wanna stick to Herald with your condi/heal hybrid just stick with full apothecary stats to get most possible condi dmg and healing power. You could put in some shaman parts if you want more vitality. This way you get the most out of your Centauer healing and your staff healing.

After playing around with all the combinations, that's what I ended up doing: full Apothecary w/Tempest runes. This is the build, except that gw2skills shows 63% condi duration whereas in-game it only show 48% even though they both show 195 expertise, and HP shows 1518 instead of 1397. I can't figure the source of the discrepancy, other than gw2skills is factoring in some trait/sigil buffs that are not shown on the in-game numbers.

I'm very happy with it so far, doing both soloing and group play with it. The only downside is lack of stunbreak. I do have an alternate trait set with Dragon/Demon instead of Dragon/Centaur and Devastation instead of Salvation for soloing, but it doesn't feel much different in performance.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZllQKMKyiNRXsKCjFSisBqgjuzdrE-zxIYRFTH+M6QBEiEQpzy9PbA-e