[PvP/WvW] The Problem with the Brave Stride Rework

Cougre.6543

The internal cooldown. Ten seconds are a lot of time for a warrior to use more than one movement skill, and in fact it is entirely possible to use six or seven in that time. Picture the following situation: You use one movement skill for a non-stability-related reason, perhaps to close the gap, or kite, but then afterward, less than ten seconds after that, stability would be the correct play.With this internal cooldown the stability from this trait stops almost entirely being a deliberate choice, and instead becomes something passive, which clashes entirely with how deliberately warrior is played, yet it is also far from worth using as a passive trait when its competition is Peak Performance.

This is why I recommended no icd when I proposed that rework in the first place. That and it is VERY susceptible to boon corruption. However playing with it in PvE I can say that the PvE ICD would be too short for WvW/PvP.

2 stacks for 2s on a 6-8s ICD would perform the best without becoming overbearing.A WvW warrior could spec boon duration and be virtually immune to cc until a wild necro appears and roflstomp him.

• 4 weeks later...

@losalamos.5123 said:Yes, stab should be very hard buff for warriors to get. You shouldn't get it for free without using cooldowns like scrapper, because ?

Except it should be the opposite of that! Warrior doesn't have the mitigations other classes have and it's ranged options are sub par. Stab is needed to ensure the ability to stay on target in melee.