World Linking 9/25/2020 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

World Linking 9/25/2020

Here are the worlds for EU:

  • Aurora Glade (EN), Ruins of Surmia (EN)
  • Baruch Bay (SP)
  • Desolation (EN)
  • Drakkar Lake (DE), Fissure of Woe (EN)
  • Elona Reach (DE), Underworld (EN)
  • Far Shiverpeaks (EN), Vabbi (EN)
  • Fort Ranik (FR), Ring of Fire (EN)
  • Gandara (EN)
  • Gunnar's Hold (EN), Kodash (DE)
  • Jade Sea (FR), Arborstone (FR)
  • Miller's Sound (DE), Abaddon's Mouth (DE)
  • Piken Square (EN), Blacktide (EN)
  • Riverside (DE), Dzagonur (DE)
  • Seafarer's Rest (EN), Whiteside Ridge (EN)
  • Vizunah Square (FR), Augury Rock (FR)

Here are the worlds for NA:

  • Anvil Rock, Gate of Madness
  • Blackgate, Devona's Rest
  • Borlis Pass, Eredon Terrace
  • Dragonbrand, Ferguson's Crossing
  • Fort Aspenwood, Sanctum of Rall
  • Henge of Denravi, Ehmry Bay
  • Jade Quarry, Sorrow's Furnace
  • Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks
  • Sea of Sorrows, Isle of Janthir
  • Stormbluff Isle, Crystal Desert
  • Tarnished Coast, Darkhaven
  • Yak's Bend, Kaineng

aka cmc
Game Designer on PvP/WvW

Tagged:
<134

Comments

  • Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [tBag] Making Friends Everywhere I Go | [chi] Uhehehe

  • Oh great. The same link we've had the past 2 months. Thanks for the shake-up ANet.

  • @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Thomas.2564 said:
    And piken gets linked with BT for the 5 or 6th time. Really original anet.

    A link is better than getting no link.. :)

    Weeeeell, yes and no. Im quite fine playing with out a link. Since i actually prefer a challenge in wvw and not just mindnuming 1 push fights on eb, like most do.

    So if we are to have a link, would we nice with a bit more mixture and not just the same server every 4 months.

  • Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

  • Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭

    Disappointing relink but that's nothing new

    Can we please fix the stupid nonsense with every host server being full most links being very high? Just how desperate are you for money? Its cutting my guildies off and no we aren't paying 20$ for 2 month link.

    [eA] Sakura | Anvil Rock

  • Vova.2640Vova.2640 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cal Cohen.2358 said:

    • Anvil Rock, Gate of Madness

    ?????? We have GOM at the moment and its BEYOND HORRIBLE we have no off hours and every evening everything is queued because both servers are nothing but NA.

    What is the point of relinks IF YOU DONT CHANGE ALL THE LINKS ?!!??!?!?!!?!?!

  • @Loken.7684 said:
    Please can we stop linking non-english speaking worlds with international worlds.

    Many of the people who play on those worlds do so because they cannot or do not want to speak English. It causes a huge communication issue for BOTH worlds included in the linking.

    well, GH has been linked with german servers several times and it was never really an issue.

  • Fort Ranik (FR), Ring of Fire (EN)
    Seriously, so you give a free server transfert for all thoses frenchy that can't speak english to ?

  • make no sens to link deutch and EN to.
    Seriously, just link the local server between them, we had 5 french server merge into 2 full french and one monster that is english/deutch/french now, will be way better to do it to 3 full french server or merge 3 french server into one so we have 2.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @WindBlade.8749 said:
    Fort Ranik (FR), Ring of Fire (EN)
    Seriously, so you give a free server transfert for all thoses frenchy that can't speak english to ?

    No, its RoF that get a free lesson in French. C'est la vie!

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • LaUry.3456LaUry.3456 Member
    edited September 25, 2020

    idk why not t1 servers gets unlinked tbh.. :)

  • Thanks for giving us back RoS <3

    Almondile.1568 - Sylvari - Cleanse/Protection Tempest & Backline Staff Weaver - WvW only - World: Aurora Glade

  • @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

    Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

    My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [tBag] Making Friends Everywhere I Go | [chi] Uhehehe

  • Why is t5 on EU still a thing? It is so obvious that there is not enough people for it. They even deleted it for one relink and it is beyond my understanding why they reintroduced it back in next relink.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    Well all of kain just trans to DR I bet. YB had a nice t1 moment now back to the basement. I think they chose deso and gand as no links just because they would least likely entirely desert and transfer off like all the babies from wsr and Dzag making t5 an embarrassment.

    WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

  • @Mlatic.8925 said:
    Why is t5 on EU still a thing? It is so obvious that there is not enough people for it. They even deleted it for one relink and it is beyond my understanding why they reintroduced it back in next relink.

    so you can pay money to transfer out from t5

  • but rly t5 is a joke

  • Arenanet's "quality" metrics consider that Desolation [Europe] is full status server without a need for link. At reset, we have a queue at 1 map, other maps of course outnumbered and no queue.

    Does Arenanet understand that their "full" metrics are a bad joke and hurting the game? A full should really mean full and not artificially full. A full server is closed and much worse position than very high + link, because then people can cheaply transfer to the link. Yet, Arenanet keeps Baruch Bay artificially open, even though it is full+

    I have been already many times requesting to permanently merge some servers and have only 4 tiers in EU instead of 5 tiers. There is simply not enough population for 5 tiers. Bottom tier will be 8 weeks very low activity for servers without a link. Just few players per map will make more and more people who enjoy this game just leave the game.

    Ayna / Deniara
    Desolation [EU]

  • @Jilora.9524 said:
    Well all of kain just trans to DR I bet. YB had a nice t1 moment now back to the basement. I think they chose deso and gand as no links just because they would least likely entirely desert and transfer off like all the babies from wsr and Dzag making t5 an embarrassment.

    Kind of feel like they are trying to destroy last few wvw server communities.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Deniara Devious.3948 said:
    Arenanet's "quality" metrics consider that Desolation [Europe] is full status server without a need for link. At reset, we have a queue at 1 map, other maps of course outnumbered and no queue.

    Does Arenanet understand that their "full" metrics are a bad joke and hurting the game? A full should really mean full and not artificially full. A full server is closed and much worse position than very high + link, because then people can cheaply transfer to the link. Yet, Arenanet keeps Baruch Bay artificially open, even though it is full+

    I have been already many times requesting to permanently merge some servers and have only 4 tiers in EU instead of 5 tiers. There is simply not enough population for 5 tiers. Bottom tier will be 8 weeks very low activity for servers without a link. Just few players per map will make more and more people who enjoy this game just leave the game.

    You were so stacked for so long winning all the time you even had dudes in here asking for no link for a challenge. You are full. Everyone except you knows it. The metrics are total play hours. If you top 2 you get no link. I don't think you were top too this time as I said above but if the give no link to certain severs 300 dudes transfer off before start and maybe they think you won't mass exodus and at least be competitive in t3-t5 where ever you end up

    WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

  • Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

    Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

    I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.

  • Wait, shouldn't they have left Fort Ranik with no link because they hate the WSR people and want them in tier5? Anet? What's going on? Can we get a confirmation this has to be an error?

    Με χίλια ονόματα, μία χάρη, ακρίτας ειτ’ αρματολός, αντάρτης, κλέφτης, παλικάρι; πάντα ειν’ ο ίδιος ο λαός.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

    Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

    I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.

    I hope it will be actually funny, on nsp we tend to do the "Mag will be the link" joke and this time was true :)
    Mag and NSP have 2 completelly diferent ways to play it will be an interesting experience, and i feel NSP gameplay will have to get more used to mag players than other way arround!

    We finally became the link, for quite some time we were expecting for that to happen.

    It has a Taimi aproved seal.

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    Really should close transfers to servers linked to full servers and reassess activity every 15-20 transfers but it likely would stop the revenue stream.
    Stacking is just going to happen again and again yet players still do it. So it's a player-made problem.

  • SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

    Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

    I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.

    I hope it will be actually funny, on nsp we tend to do the "Mag will be the link" joke and this time was true :)
    Mag and NSP have 2 completelly diferent ways to play it will be an interesting experience, and i feel NSP gameplay will have to get more used to mag players than other way arround!

    We finally became the link, for quite some time we were expecting for that to happen.

    It has a Taimi aproved seal.

    It won't be funny for most. A lot of people don't know how to ignore bullies or trolls or how to take away relevant information without holding a grudge. A lot of people on Mag will push others around if they show their vulnerability, but they teach players too. It's tough love in some ways, other ways it's just flat out trolling. My point is that a lot of people hate being with Mag because they just get angry when people don't listen to their scouting and throw a tantrum when someone corrects them.

    WvW is long past the point of being taken seriously anyway, so as long as people can just chill they'll hate Mag a lot less. But because I know a lot of people won't I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the circus.

    My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [tBag] Making Friends Everywhere I Go | [chi] Uhehehe

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

    Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

    I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.

    I hope it will be actually funny, on nsp we tend to do the "Mag will be the link" joke and this time was true :)
    Mag and NSP have 2 completelly diferent ways to play it will be an interesting experience, and i feel NSP gameplay will have to get more used to mag players than other way arround!

    We finally became the link, for quite some time we were expecting for that to happen.

    It has a Taimi aproved seal.

    It won't be funny for most. A lot of people don't know how to ignore bullies or trolls or how to take away relevant information without holding a grudge. A lot of people on Mag will push others around if they show their vulnerability, but they teach players too. It's tough love in some ways, other ways it's just flat out trolling. My point is that a lot of people hate being with Mag because they just get angry when people don't listen to their scouting and throw a tantrum when someone corrects them.

    WvW is long past the point of being taken seriously anyway, so as long as people can just chill they'll hate Mag a lot less. But because I know a lot of people won't I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the circus.

    Mag only scouts SMC :) hihihi, jk asside they arent thaat bad @ clouding & ganking(they could be better tho) but nsp as almost zero players like that we loose stuff cause we dont have scouts, its alitle bit what both want, each other one has what other needs(hard to put it in english but i think u can understand what i ment).
    The 1st week will be a bit arsh for both servers adapting to each other that's for sure some guilds are already talking what they can do to help and use :p maguma players.

    I am way more worried we may fight a server that can queue for many hours... during serveral periods of time like it tends to happen.

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

    Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

    I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.

    I hope it will be actually funny, on nsp we tend to do the "Mag will be the link" joke and this time was true :)
    Mag and NSP have 2 completelly diferent ways to play it will be an interesting experience, and i feel NSP gameplay will have to get more used to mag players than other way arround!

    We finally became the link, for quite some time we were expecting for that to happen.

    It has a Taimi aproved seal.

    It won't be funny for most. A lot of people don't know how to ignore bullies or trolls or how to take away relevant information without holding a grudge. A lot of people on Mag will push others around if they show their vulnerability, but they teach players too. It's tough love in some ways, other ways it's just flat out trolling. My point is that a lot of people hate being with Mag because they just get angry when people don't listen to their scouting and throw a tantrum when someone corrects them.

    WvW is long past the point of being taken seriously anyway, so as long as people can just chill they'll hate Mag a lot less. But because I know a lot of people won't I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the circus.

    Mag only scouts SMC :) hihihi, jk asside they arent thaat bad @ clouding & ganking(they could be better tho) but nsp as almost zero players like that we loose stuff cause we dont have scouts, its alitle bit what both want, each other one has what other needs(hard to put it in english but i think u can understand what i ment).
    The 1st week will be a bit arsh for both servers adapting to each other that's for sure some guilds are already talking what they can do to help and use :p maguma players.

    Just let mag sit in ebg and nsp can def home bl and take stuff on other bl. It's actually a good mix. I mean Mag are a bunch of gankers and griefers in ebg and yeah I bet alot nsp buthurt because of this last week. It's not fun with Mag and sos who has no players at all so mag focuses on them and for some reason nsp feeds them. You legit have 15 dudes spawn camping last week so don't expect a friendly welcome. It'll be like 2 separate servers doing their own thing I guess

    WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    @Jilora.9524 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

    Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

    I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.

    I hope it will be actually funny, on nsp we tend to do the "Mag will be the link" joke and this time was true :)
    Mag and NSP have 2 completelly diferent ways to play it will be an interesting experience, and i feel NSP gameplay will have to get more used to mag players than other way arround!

    We finally became the link, for quite some time we were expecting for that to happen.

    It has a Taimi aproved seal.

    It won't be funny for most. A lot of people don't know how to ignore bullies or trolls or how to take away relevant information without holding a grudge. A lot of people on Mag will push others around if they show their vulnerability, but they teach players too. It's tough love in some ways, other ways it's just flat out trolling. My point is that a lot of people hate being with Mag because they just get angry when people don't listen to their scouting and throw a tantrum when someone corrects them.

    WvW is long past the point of being taken seriously anyway, so as long as people can just chill they'll hate Mag a lot less. But because I know a lot of people won't I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the circus.

    Mag only scouts SMC :) hihihi, jk asside they arent thaat bad @ clouding & ganking(they could be better tho) but nsp as almost zero players like that we loose stuff cause we dont have scouts, its alitle bit what both want, each other one has what other needs(hard to put it in english but i think u can understand what i ment).
    The 1st week will be a bit arsh for both servers adapting to each other that's for sure some guilds are already talking what they can do to help and use :p maguma players.

    Just let mag sit in ebg and nsp can def home bl and take stuff on other bl. It's actually a good mix. I mean Mag are a bunch of gankers and griefers in ebg and yeah I bet alot nsp buthurt because of this last week. It's not fun with Mag and sos who has no players at all so mag focuses on them and for some reason nsp feeds them. You legit have 15 dudes spawn camping last week so don't expect a friendly welcome. It'll be like 2 separate servers doing their own thing I guess

    We both feed each other xD more like that :P both dont know when to stop... i hate spawn camping even when its my side doing that...

    Truuuth beingg said and every pretend i never said this, NSP likes Mag SMC fights actually... >_> /me hide back in the darkest corner of the forum.

    I just hope every server will get somewaht similiar numbers when fithing each other, at least the gap between them not being to much that's how WvW should be.

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    @Jilora.9524 said:

    Just let mag sit in ebg and nsp can def home bl and take stuff on other bl. It's actually a good mix.

    NSP can pull some pretty large numbers, and as you'd said are likely to babysit the BLs. This link is pretty likely to be a T2/1 pairing, but it depends how strong DB+FC and YB+Kain are, because both of those pairings have potential to be around those tiers as well.

    I don't look forward to the possibility of T1, it isn't a place I like being. So hopefully all the infighting keeps us relegated to T2/3 instead.

    My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [tBag] Making Friends Everywhere I Go | [chi] Uhehehe

  • Considering the fact that this system is ment to have as many people as possible jump servers to make as much money possible, this is exactly what one can expect.
    Server Transfer is a money maker. So the needs of the actual playerbase is - and this list proofs it BEYOND any doubt - ZERO priority for Anet.

    "We don't want your oppinion, we want your money" is exactly what relink is about. NOT about balancing.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

    This is gonna be a fun week.

    One bad joke after another around here anymore.

    Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

    I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.

    Don't. You probably did the Mag show with a med pop server and are locked out of ebg and got no help on a BL. NSP has actual players that like to defend home and fight on Bl's

    WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

  • AR/GoM link needs to end otherwise WvW for these two servers are going to die. Change it asap... Give us back ET.

  • hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vova.2640 said:

    @Cal Cohen.2358 said:

    • Anvil Rock, Gate of Madness

    ?????? We have GOM at the moment and its BEYOND HORRIBLE we have no off hours and every evening everything is queued because both servers are nothing but NA.

    What is the point of relinks IF YOU DONT CHANGE ALL THE LINKS ?!!??!?!?!!?!?!

    They let a computer in the back do the relinks as they are hard at work on more PvE updates.

    Aurora Glade Server Leader

    [VR] Violent Resolution

  • I just want to take a moment to chuckle at the forum policy of no match up threads, but threads advertising relinks, which essentially are match up threads, stay open.

    My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [tBag] Making Friends Everywhere I Go | [chi] Uhehehe

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

    @Cal Cohen.2358 said:

    • Riverside (DE), Dzagonur (DE)

    Very happy with this. :+1:

  • @Jilora.9524 said:
    Well all of kain just trans to DR I bet. YB had a nice t1 moment now back to the basement. I think they chose deso and gand as no links just because they would least likely entirely desert and transfer off like all the babies from wsr and Dzag making t5 an embarrassment.

    Yeah, YB does MUCH better as a link than a host. We seem to be too fair-weather - we start in the basement, and our pop is relatively-low, to the point that we end up as a link, we rise in the ranks, and all the fair-weather types show up to push our metrics back up to Host-level. Re-link, we crash to the bottom as a host, people vanish, and we suffer again. The same cycle has repeated itself all year.

    Many of us are glad that we're not hosting ET again (and vice versa). Aside from a handful of guilds, we seem to have a LOT of problems working towards a common goal. Now, if Kaineng decides to bolt, well... shrugs.

  • @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    I just want to take a moment to chuckle at the forum policy of no match up threads, but threads advertising relinks, which essentially are match up threads, stay open.

    You had to go and point that out..... :)

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2020

    Interesting for us on Ehmry Bay to be linked to Henge of Denravi.

    Usually we only get linked with servers known for being T1 in NA almost 24/7 since the game's release. Which leads to us always being blamed for the host server dropping a tier (or several), and is toxic to our small but dedicated population.

    Hopefully it'll be different this time.

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 27k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Alisha Kei/Druid(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW)
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

  • Desolation unlinked, again. second time this year.

    after we lost roughly 120 players by guilds transfering away over the past year... and got our ranks filled up with total newbies mostly, server has never been more open than "very high" afaik..

    we have been dropping tiers before with a link bc we had not enough ppl to ppt even once we tried xD we been undernumbers even with link the last weeks mostly. even our kd/r was with 1,06 not even top 3 across the matchups.

    i'm seriously mad now, what kinda bullcrap is this??

  • Since everyone in the UK is....(mentally, let's say 50/50 right now with this "Covid" thing), and "supposadly" getting back to work........., we DO NOT need a T5 anymore. Please, for the love of anything that is still considered fun in wvw, please close T5!

    I was in T5 this week against 2 defenceless servers. Dzago and WSR. Let me tell you, I logged in 2 days. Not fun.

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2020

    quite a bad link for FoW with DL. DL is German speaking. how am i going to understand german.... i only know guten tag..

    Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW server
    Leg champ., champ. magus, champ. phantom & champ. hunter
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, DoD, DwD.

  • You really don't need to understand German to play with them. The relevant stuff is mostly easy to understand

    Με χίλια ονόματα, μία χάρη, ακρίτας ειτ’ αρματολός, αντάρτης, κλέφτης, παλικάρι; πάντα ειν’ ο ίδιος ο λαός.

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2020

    the social component is the biggest part in wvw. and unable to communicate takes away that part.. and it is why it ruin the game for many when it comes to chicken try to speak with duck esp in battle .. especially servers that contain many wvw orientated guilds .. we have few guilds shift to other server already. .. these small guilds like us.. rely on map chat to scout for us.. when looking for fight.. and the map chat is in german.. if I speak Chinese to you in map chat.. how would you know what I say diomache. hope you understand where we are coming from. 你好吗? .. in saying this.. let see how we go anyway. I hope future link.. it can be done better.

    Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW server
    Leg champ., champ. magus, champ. phantom & champ. hunter
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, DoD, DwD.

  • You really don't expect Anet to put your "needs" over those of everyone else, do you? So, just adapt to the situation. It's not that hard. Or choose a chinese server if language is such an issue for you.
    Most Germans speak relatively good English, so it won't be hard to find someone calling out stuff in map chat in English.

    Με χίλια ονόματα, μία χάρη, ακρίτας ειτ’ αρματολός, αντάρτης, κλέφτης, παλικάρι; πάντα ειν’ ο ίδιος ο λαός.

  • @Talindra.4958 said:
    quite a bad link for FoW with DL. DL is German speaking. how am i going to understand german.... i only know guten tag..

    It's not the first time FoW's been linked with german speaking server.

    Linguistically speaking it mostly isn't a problem, it's not as if they can't ping objects in chat, if trying to figure out what it actually says is too difficult.

    Though it does generate some interesting discussions about what's going on, on occation.

  • Inoki.6048Inoki.6048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2020

    @Loken.7684 said:
    Please can we stop linking non-english speaking worlds with international worlds.

    Many of the people who play on those worlds do so because they cannot or do not want to speak English. It causes a huge communication issue for BOTH worlds included in the linking.

    While I feel your frustration, I think this may be some sort of test to see how people would respond in a scenario, like the nonexistent alliances, where there would be no worlds and people would be forced into communication in one language most speak, thus English.

    Every transfer delays alliances.