Getting legendary bosses to spawn in Silverwastes

Any ideas on how to remove curses?As @"Hannelore.8153" says, use LFG to find a "RIBA" map.

While the legendary spawns are random, the odds increase as the map completes certain events. That's why the "sponsored" maps see them a lot, and why you are unlikely to see the beasties in whatever non-LFG map you end up.

RIBA = Red Indigo Blue Amber = jargon phrase referring to the "optimum" order to run through Forts with an unmounted Zerg. Works just as well for mounted squads, which is why no one has ever bothered to try to adjust it after PoF.

"Optimum" in this case = most profitable, because (a) substantially more foes spawned (and killed); (b) more events completed by each player (generating xp, karma, minor gold); and © avoiding "diminished returns" (which pop up if you don't move around, and mostly only matter for "farming").

@Avengingmydeath.8753 said:Three rotations of getting forts to lvl 4 and no legendary bosses. I know I am just cursed. Any ideas on how to remove curses?

Asking in this section of the forums removes curses!

The theory is that T4 maps have a higher probability of spawning at least one legendary. However, the spawn, spawn timer, and which one will spawn (if any do) are completely random. Basically, run SW in a squad, enjoy your income from the chest trains, and camp one place so that you definitely get that legendary should it spawn.

The HP of the legendaries has been nerfed so much that they are more like veterans than legendaries. You probably will not get to the fort in time if one spawns where you are not.

@Avengingmydeath.8753 said:The first run was just randoms running/upgrading. The next two times were riba maps. I hope my post does remove the curse, the mastery points would be nice, thanks anyway for your commentsI don't want to be too blunt about this but three runs of a meta map in this game is nothing. Players run these maps hundreds of times each, since its the end-game and the main source of gold, and the achievement requirements often reflect this.

Almost every map after Dry Top (except Path of Fire maps, kind of) are like that.

Assume you'll need at least 20-25 solid RIBA maps, with progress at ~50% or less. It could easily happen with fewer maps, if you get lucky. Or it could take a lot more.

To set expectations, the following would not surprise me:

• 100 random (non-RIBA) maps, without a legendary spawning
  • 10 RIBA maps, without a legendary spawning
  • 5 RIBA maps, with 6 spawns total (e.g. multiples of one/more)
  • 8 spawns in a row, with you being too far away to get credit before they die.

Also keep in mind that you can join a RIBA map that is at 80%+ of progress, which means there aren't many opportunities for legendaries to spawn in the first place.

Eventually, you'll get the hang of how to move around so you have time to get to a legendary spawn, how to make sure you have kill-credit when you do get close, and how to profit from joining the farming maps

Remember that many (although not most) GW2 achievements & accomplishments are long-term goals. Plenty can be knocked off quickly, but stuff like fancy infusions, legendary gear, and certain mastery points requires a commitment of time. The Silverwastes Legendary achievements are one such long-term goal.

Everyone has different ways of mentally preparing for grind; choose something that works for you. I aim at making some progress each session and having alternative|back-up goals that I can swap to, when (not if) I get frustrated or distracted or bored. For example, if Silverwastes gets dull, swap to working on completing one map for World Map Completion. If Fractal dungeons get dull, try a shiny traditional dungeon. The game has so many achievements and items, there's always something.