Tactivator Management

SweetPotato.7456

the best way to counter a troll/spy pulling the tactivator is to switch off the "public tactic activation"that said. It is also just a dream that someone from the guild that holds the keep/tower/camp will be there to watch over the objective. most often they don't care.

how to fix this.when the majority of players from the guild that claimed the objectives leave the game mode,. the claim will be up for others to claim and take over control to watch over.
or a claimed to an objective can expire at a certain time, say every 2 hours etc, if no one is there to claim, and has a cool down of 5 minutes before another guild can lay claim to it, whoever is active can claim and control the troll pulling.

easy fix , put it in motion please.

edit: the best is if you willingly hand over the claim to other players whom you know is not a troll, but that's just wishful thinking, no one is going give up claim when they log out, cos their bags already full. anyway just a thought throw out there.

it was probably different in the early days, since siege was costly then and leveling your objectives up was costly as well.

plus, u got really good rewards for winning tournaments. even statues that dwell in Alpine border maps.

like, you gain not much from camping at a camp. your participation drops to nothing and no enemies will appear, unless they got a big group that can just gank you.

next, a 5min window all 2 hours would lead probably all objectives unclaimed at nighttime, or also accidently when nobody reacts during a fight - unless it'd pop up like the notifications of regular firstclaiming, but there would be not a huge benefit of this i think.

while this is one of the more fine, just not exactly emergently needed, fixing recommendations i read lately.

"the best way to counter a troll/spy pulling the tactivator is to switch off the "public tactic activation" "-> this has just one issue: also trolls can claim it and block effectively usage of tactics that way. i'd overall just set a minimum Wvw rank to pull certain tactics. i think that would yet fix 50% of the untimely tactivation uses.

@Lightning Xv.8705 said:Make it so you can't use invuln/ ewp unless the keep/tower is contested.Make it to contest a keep/tower you need to deal damage to the structure (wall or gate) 1-2%(example). Not just agroing guards.

That would fix most trolling of your important tactics.So, the first you would be aware of an attack on a keep/tower would be well after siege is down?

And, if it's an enemy troll (spy), all they will do is wait until someone on the server pops swords, then they can pull the EWP. Still trolling.

Alot of the saboteurs & trolls I've seen lately just seem to try ruin the gamemode as much as possible, and enjoy being toxic to their own team & prolly troll tactivators without having any real connections with enemy teams. Most of the time there is no enemy attacking or any immediate threat at all. It could be different on EU servers i suppose (been a while since i played wvw there).

The worst case I've seen was a 6-8 hour EWP troll, standing afk (with some mechanic to avoid idle timeout) and pulling it when available. Nobody actually attacked it though, was prolly just the known-server-troll in a really angry mood and configured it and went to bed.

Perhaps a wvw reputation system could work. For example, start at 50 rep and people can demote you down -1 point until you reach 0 (ex. right clicking name select "-1 rep"), where the offender can no longer use team chat, team siege or tactivators, and the reputation has like a +10 point recovery rate per day.

@misterman.1530 said:So, the first you would be aware of an attack on a keep/tower would be well after siege is down?

And, if it's an enemy troll (spy), all they will do is wait until someone on the server pops swords, then they can pull the EWP. Still trolling.

Unless the enemy stands in the watchtower for your tower, hits a sentry right next to a keep, or a scout from your team spots them ....that's exactly how it is right now. You don't know if its a tap or someones sieging it until someone puts eyes on it. The difference is some random perma stealth thief or w/e cant just tap a guard/ toss a blueprint at a guard and continually contest your keep for hours on end. The tactivator troll cant just log in whenever to yank the lever and dip. They would actually have to build some sort of siege or stand at the gate long enough to deal enough melee damage for the contest to trigger. Meaning to troll the tacts they would need to either be afk on the map waiting for someone to siege it or have on alt on both servers to do it them self. More of an investment to be an annoyance. Some will go the distance but others wont.

There is no perfect solution to tactivator trolling. Anet isn't going to build some complex new system just to try and prevent it. You could delete tactics from the game and then they can't be trolled but that would not make a lot of people happy.

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:the best way to counter a troll/spy pulling the tactivator is to switch off the "public tactic activation"that said. It is also just a dream that someone from the guild that holds the keep/tower/camp will be there to watch over the objective. most often they don't care.

how to fix this.when the majority of players from the guild that claimed the objectives leave the game mode,. the claim will be up for others to claim and take over control to watch over.

or a claimed to an objective can expire at a certain time, say every 2 hours etc, if no one is there to claim, and has a cool down of 5 minutes before another guild can lay claim to it, whoever is active can claim and control the troll pulling.

easy fix , put it in motion please.

edit: the best is if you willingly hand over the claim to other players whom you know is not a troll, but that's just wishful thinking, no one is going give up claim when they log out, cos their bags already full. anyway just a thought throw out there.

Or as has been mentioned in other threads they could add a feature on select tactivatiors that broadcasts the activation and the who. In regards to EWP it would broadcast across maps and link the waypoint in chat. That would be QoL and discourage trolls.

I expect most of your tactivator trolling is either 1 sad individual begging for attention in only mean he can. Thus you should be feeling empathy for him, not be enraged.

And little more than half are just friend groups doing things like "I'll pull ewp so you can come to me faster" and new players seeing shiny things to test out.

Overall tactivators are not impactful enough for more limits to be worth placed upon using them. Of course if you want to make all of them passive it would be fair considering supply drop and banners tend to be quite neglected/abused. Like make supply drop just passive buff to reduce repair cost of walls or something, as thats the only form of usage of supplies which should drain your depot fully.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

@"Lightning Xv.8705" said:Make it to contest a keep/tower you need to deal damage to the structure (wall or gate) 1-2%(example). Not just agroing guards.

Then the way of "Perma-tapping" would cease to exist.

Think outside the box. A ballista only requires 25 supply and will deal damage to gates with every skill and I believe walls if you use the 2 skill. Not to mention all the cheeky places to build a piece of random trash siege were people wont likely find it.

Perma tapping would still be a thing but it would require actual effort as apposed to playing some meme build and touching guards then darting away.