[WvW] A build I have been enjoying

Shroud.2307

Recently made a build themed around being a true Beast Master. The idea was to build super tanky and to do a lot of pet buffing and micro management while being evasive and durable. I thought it might not be very effective, and that I would use it mostly for being a pest, but it turned out to work better than I had thought.

A different set of stats could be used if anyone chooses to give this build a try, something more offensive would likely be better like a mix of Marauder/Diviner/Commander or something, but high durability also works well.

The Beast Master

Jaguar gains 100% crit chance while in Stealth, with Quickness and Might stacked it does a good job of pumping damage in to players and forcing some cooldowns, often hitting 3 - 5k on normal attacks. When the time is right, swap to Tiger and stack buffs on it for some meaty Furious Pounces. Try not to let either of your Felines tank too much damage as they are very squishy. Calling them back to you when you have gained distance from your opponent(s) to buff it before reengaging is a good way to ensure it gets the boosts it needs while also keeping it alive. Assisting your pet by locking people down with Hilt Bash and Muddy Terrain from your heal makes it easier for them to get some damage in, ideally Tiger F2s. This build is mildly weak to condi builds so it's best to hard kite while keeping your pet stuck to your target, swapping frequently to avoid pet death.

I understand this isn't an original idea and that it will struggle against builds with high sustain due to it's lack of killing power and near complete reliance on pet damage, but it is decent and fun regardless.

I didn't manage to screen cap the 10k hit I got tonight, but I did get lots of 7 - 9ks. I have only been playing it for the day so I'm hoping to see some higher crits in the future.pW0HKgu.jpg

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POAFwE2ZUZGMQWIDjhiDzU76tEhfA-zVJYjRP/J4xB-w

Birds are more reliable for damage. The increased range on their autos matter. You can keep tiger as he will always gain opening strike with his skill. Axe autos and hunters gaze will give you the most consistent might for your pet. Can swap to gs if you really need mobility, but sword takes care of that. Bird with perma 25 might and fury will give you consistent damage. Its imporant to apply cripple as that helps pets land attacks. If its safe you can auto attack with sword for reliable cripple. Opening strike applies cripple as well. Healing power is the way to go to keep your pet alive. Signet+regen+natural healing gives your pet like 450hp/s and 900 hp every 3s.