Why always the same?

zengara.8301

Why arent there new things in any festivals? Like new things to do, even if its just 2 new things, or expanding on the already established once, Like making a JP tower inside of the JP tower for those who want it harder, or have already done it or something, maybe untop of it, or generally just more Halloween themed festival things to do, it is not that interesting redoing everything over, even if it is once per year, it does get repetitive if it is already generally limited of how much to do til you have seen it all.

(If it is not clear between the lines, this is of cause directed more towards something like the Winter Festival coming up in a few months, since it is obviously to late for Halloween)

They added many new things this year. They brought in gliding and mounts into the maze. they added the mount race as well as a merchant into the lag. They brought back the mad king memories quest line and even added on to it. The added many new skins and minis and they added a special halloween gift that you get from doing dailies 5 days in a row. They also brought back the inquisition as well. They did really good this year with adding new content.

The mount race is a new event. There are two new backpack collections, one of which includes new characters and dialogue. There are three new armor sets, one for each of the weights. The quest for the back pieces is new to many, since it hasn't been seen for three years. What exactly are you expecting? It's not easy to come up with new things every year, not because there aren't ideas, but because they have to fit in with the rest of what already exists. Since the meta will most likely pull from the old and the new, it becomes difficult to manage everything in the limited time we have.

Xikira wrote everything right \○

Btw every year i log into gw2 just for the clocktower. Achievements and farm related are a Little extra, and I am simply but really glad for the jp.

There should be something like that during the test of the year.

Clocktower and wintersday are ok, but 3 more durino the test of the year would be really appreciated <3

While I certainly do not disagree that more halloween/wintersday stuff would be amaizing when it rolls in every year, I am perfectly fine with them primarily being reruns of the same stuff. Its still fun, the farm is still nice, so nothing to complain about. Besides as some said there actually is some new stuff this year + some returning stuff that wasn't there the last 3 years.Im pretty sure the reason these are more reruns than new things to do, is to gain more time to work on LS and to get some time off to be with their families. Which is again. Fine by me.Still... certainly not opposed to new things being added (although the example with the clocktower jp has 0 intrest for me)

@Shirlias.8104 said:Xikira wrote everything right \○

Btw every year i log into gw2 just for the clocktower. Achievements and farm related are a Little extra, and I am simply but really glad for the jp.

There should be something like that during the test of the year.

Clocktower and wintersday are ok, but 3 more durino the test of the year would be really appreciated <3

I would disagree on the Clock Tower. That thing is absolutely infuriating for such very specific reasons, that it had to be intentional. Every time I try it, and always die in the same spots, where if I only had a half second longer on the fog, could had made it and kept going. Like throw your monitor at moving traffic infuriating.....

But damn if it isn't the Exactly what the Mad King would throw at people..... and damn myself for having to give it a pass because of this. One day I will get my revenge on that no talent, pumpkin headed Jerk-o-Lantern!!!!

it is very true that they have added a lot of minis, achievement and stuff to run into dulfy to complete..... Maybe I am just different in that regard that I want what others call "real content" I dont like using that word, but people do already have somewhat of an understanding what that is.

If people are confused, or somewhat not sure what that word entitles, like the comment above, it is basically a new door to enter and experience a Halloween themed game, it can be everything from us running up to big houses in the Mad King´s world (instead of running around LA) to get candy where there are all sorts of weird characters opening the doors to give candy, and the Mad King might hide behind some of them and we have to guess a riddle, or again a JP for the Bloody Prince, even a huge old castle with outer doors made of metal, like in a lot of scare movies where we have to explore it by walking around not getting scared to much by the xx monsters, there is a lot of possibilities.Or simply expanding on the current once, as I explained previously

Archived