any news about the new episode?

coso.9173

@coso.9173 said:ugh i thought the idea was to have episodes with half a map so they would be faster released... but now we're back to regular intervals AND half a map with each episode.... it's what I was fearing.

I was away from the game a year, came back to having 2 new maps, thankfully I was not drip fed them like some of you guys, I'm not a fan of that at all, I do not want half a map per episode, even playing the full maps as I did I was bored of them real quick, if I had been drip fed them I would have been annoyed. I hope the next map will be a full map and would rather just wait for that, I'm not someone who buys early access games either I would rather wait for the full thing. I understand your point though, having half a map AND having to wait longer is even more of an annoyance.

@coso.9173 said:ugh i thought the idea was to have episodes with half a map so they would be faster released... but now we're back to regular intervals AND half a map with each episode.... it's what I was fearing.

That's a mighty overreaction there.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@Mortifera.6138 said:We had an Epilogue, no more IbS episodes.

No we didn't. The last episode had an epilogue within it to round off that little section of the story

There was no Prologue “within” the episode, so it was an epilogue to the saga.

Stop making shit up.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

No we didn't. The last episode had an epilogue within it to round off that little section of the story

Disagree. The episode was not the final episode of the saga. The epiloge was switching gears from the fight to the end of the episode. Anet did not call this episode the finale, and there was no big ending rather a cliffhanger for the next episode. Plus you got the Confer with Bangar achievement that is bridging the two episodes (4 and 5) together. Generally when the living world season ends we know it’s going to be big and there is generally a legendary item collection released with it. Also, the icebrood saga currency reward where you get to choose icebrood saga currency from wvw and pvp tracks has coming soon for materials:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Icebrood_Saga_Material#vendor4

Lots ot things that say the saga is not over. There is more than likely no more living world seasons before the next expansion so ice brood saga has a ways to go.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Disagree. The episode was not the final episode of the saga. The epiloge was switching gears from the fight to the end of the episode. Anet did not call this episode the finale, and there was no big ending rather a cliffhanger for the next episode. Plus you got the Confer with Bangar achievement that is bridging the two episodes (4 and 5) together. Generally when the living world season ends we know it’s going to be big and there is generally a legendary item collection released with it. Also, the icebrood saga currency reward where you get to choose icebrood saga currency from wvw and pvp tracks has coming soon for materials:

Lots ot things that say the saga is not over. There is more than likely no more living world seasons before the next expansion so ice brood saga has a ways to go.

While I doubt that was the finale I wouldn’t be sure about there being a lot more episodes left. When they announced the saga they didn’t have any intention of making an expansion so who knows what’s been shuffled around to make room for it. And with it having a 2021 release date it may have been focused on for quite some time meaning a sooner release than expected.

And with all the other canned features like wvw alliances and presumably the legendary armory, along with the absence of an episode this month it feels like things have probably shifted internally as they’ve revised the rest of this saga to be an introduction the expansion.

@Bast.7253 said:

While I doubt that was the finale I wouldn’t be sure about there being a lot more episodes left. When they announced the saga they didn’t have any intention of making an expansion so who knows what’s been shuffled around to make room for it. And with it having a 2021 release date it may have been focused on for quite some time meaning a sooner release than expected.

And with all the other canned features like wvw alliances and presumably the legendary armory, along with the absence of an episode this month it feels like things have probably shifted internally as they’ve revised the rest of this saga to be an introduction the expansion.

Stop spreading the fake news of alliances being scrapped. We all knew ATs were first, now that's done and they switched to work on that. Armory isn't scrapped, this is a gigantic feature in case you haven't noticed. ANd "absence of an episode this month" is stretching it extremely. It's been exactly 2 months, even if they are putting it out 3 months in, that's still faster and about on track.People need to stop counting hours with this. There is absolutely zero indication the next episode will be any different.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Stop spreading the fake news of alliances being scrapped. We all knew ATs were first, now that's done and they switched to work on that. Armory isn't scrapped, this is a gigantic feature in case you haven't noticed. ANd "absence of an episode this month" is stretching it extremely. It's been exactly 2 months, even if they are putting it out 3 months in, that's still faster and about on track.People need to stop counting hours with this. There is absolutely zero indication the next episode will be any different.

They have also been known to releAse episodes extremely close to events also. The new fractal and event is giving a gap that they are looking for and then there may be some kind of announcement once that is over. Personally I am enjoying the fractal and doing north meta in drizzlewood here and there for otters. Not to mention the endless grind of legendaries. Keeping me busy definately til next episode whenever it may come.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:Last they spoke of their roadmap they said to expect something every month. But the things could be things like a new fractal or raid, a festival, or an episode. So this month is a fractal. Next month is a festival. I am guessing the next episode will be November at the soonest.

Best case I imagine Vision in November, Episode in January, festival, then next episode in March.

But without people frothing at the mouth I’m suggesting it may not be following that same trajectory based on the announcement of the expansion.

That once a month but was before the expansion was announced and they did say that after the latest episode things would be a bit different and more akin to season 1. What that means, who knows.

As to alliances, I don’t think they’ll make a huge difference either way, but it has been well over a year and a half hasn’t it? The armory I don’t think they’ve “scrapped” but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it as a feature included with the expansion as it also could have been planned before the expansion. May be part of their plan to get the expansion out sooner by pushing major features to it instead. They mentioned several months ago we would get more details, here we are and no word. So that’s why I’m making the assumption that the idea of it being released within the scope of this saga is “scrapped.”

Absolutely this. I’m calling it now but there’s definitely going to be at least a 4 month gap in between last release and this one. They’ve really been trying to make sure that “there’s something new to do every month” while making sure that the episodes don’t overlap the festivals. I guess they considered Sunqua Peak to be the “September release” (loved it btw so this isn’t a diss on Sunqua and we do need more high end content), but I personally would prefer they bundle fractals/raids/etc into the LS releases like they usually used to.

@Hannelore.8153 said:They already said why its taking longer on their social media. They're bringing back voice acting, but its not the same capacity they had before due to safety restrictions, so its going to take some time to voice two eps and make a new one too.

Source please? I read they were planning on re-adding voice acting in stages but don’t recall them saying anything about slowing down the cadence to do it

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:They already said why its taking longer on their social media. They're bringing back voice acting, but its not the same capacity they had before due to safety restrictions, so its going to take some time to voice two eps and make a new one too.

Source please? I read they were planning on re-adding voice acting in stages but don’t recall them saying anything about slowing down the cadence to do it

I'm not sure how you could expect them to do it without slowing it down. They're still under pandemic restrictions and for over half a year couldn't even go into the studio, and everything they do still has to be done with significant precautions.

I could go into a long post about it here but voice acting requires dozens of recordings for one single line. The effort explodes exponentially due to having multiple languages and then multiple races on top of that, so even though each episode many only play about a hundred voiced lines to the player, literally thousands of lines have to recorded to deliver that experience.

That's why they rely on text-based dialogue so much ever since LS2.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

I'm not sure how you could expect them to do it without slowing it down. They're still under pandemic restrictions and for over half a year couldn't even go into the studio, and everything they do still has to be done with significant precautions.

I could go into a long post about it here but voice acting requires dozens of recordings for one single line. The effort explodes exponentially due to having multiple languages and then multiple races on top of that, so even though each episode many only play about a hundred voiced lines to the player, literally thousands of lines have to recorded to deliver that experience.

That's why they rely on text-based dialogue so much ever since LS2.

i'm pretty sure the team that works on voiceover and audio has nothing to do with the one that works in episodes in general. working on past episodes voiceovers shouldn't delay the current work in episodes IMO.