Guilds should gain favor/xp when a guild claims it.

archmagus.7249

Guilds should gain bonuses from claiming an objective. However, if they don't have tactics to place, or don't want to place any, they can open up which tactics they want to be slotted in by other guilds with other tactics.

For example a guild can claim a keep, gain guild xp for it, and can put in passive tactics, but leave active ones blank then open up for other guilds to slot in. If the guild thinks doesn't like the tactics, or wants to slot in their own, they can remove tactics, refunding it and slotting in their own tactic. There will be a confirmation for tactics with a long cooldown. Otherwise, tactics will work as usual.

Bonus xp is rewarded each skirmish tick, with bonus favor earned at each skirmish.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Strages.2950 said:I think guilds should be allowed more than one claim per map to begin with. Maybe limit it to one large claim for towers/keeps and 2 claims for camps. Having to remove your T3 keep claim in order to get 20 supplies from a flipped camp is a bit ridiculous.

There are other guilds in wvw.

Ofc there are. And that's why you have first claims; if they're doing more than your guild at a particular time they can claim it first. But if you're the only one there, having to lose your keep claim to get +5 supplies on a camp is only detrimental. Not to mention camps get flipped A LOT. Holding a single camp over 30 mins is almost impossible unless the map is absolutely dead.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:What is to stop a guild from claiming, getting the favor, then claiming another structure releasing their previous claim.

Leading to another guild claiming the same obj and gaining favor,

And so on...

With all of the releasing, structures won’t tick long enough under claim to allow tactics to be slotted.

Change it so that each guild can only claim one type of objective per map, and they can't release the claim for 5 minutes, or until all slotted tacts have been installed; whichever one is longer.

Also, the longer you hold an objective, and the higher the tier, the more favor you earn. Favor is awarded when the objective is upgraded and the next skirmish. Objectives earn +1 bonus favor each skirmish, increasing until objectives reach their favor cap. This way a guild would want to hold on to the Objective as long as they can.

Camps earn 1 favor per skirmish, +1 favor/tier. Each , bonus favor is earned +1, max 20 favor/camp/skirmish. Towers earn 5, adding +3 favor/tier, capping out at 35 favor/skirmish. Keeps earn +10, with +5/tier keeps cap out at 50. Smc starts at 25, adds +10/tier, caps out at 100 favor per skirmish.

@Strages.2950 said:

@Strages.2950 said:I think guilds should be allowed more than one claim per map to begin with. Maybe limit it to one large claim for towers/keeps and 2 claims for camps. Having to remove your T3 keep claim in order to get 20 supplies from a flipped camp is a bit ridiculous.

Ofc there are. And that's why you have first claims; if they're doing more than your guild at a particular time they can claim it first. But if you're the only one there, having to lose your keep claim to get +5 supplies on a camp is only detrimental. Not to mention camps get flipped A LOT. Holding a single camp over 30 mins is almost impossible unless the map is absolutely dead.

Join/start a side guild for claims.

No to this idea because Guild Mission exist for the exact reason, to level up your guild, there is no need to promote this in the game anymore than it already is, one guild running on one map and don't care what so ever about anything else dont even want to save a T3 Keep when we have a map blob. while making everyone think they're the greatest guild ever, this just further makes people only play on one map and one time, very bad. NO.

@SweetPotato.7456 said:No to this idea because Guild Mission exist for the exact reason, to level up your guild, there is no need to promote this in the game anymore than it already is, one guild running on one map and don't care what so ever about anything else dont even want to save a T3 Keep when we have a map blob. while making everyone think they're the greatest guild ever, this just further makes people only play on one map and one time, very bad. NO.

And when a guild does a wvw guild mission, all of the maps are qued because guilds go and fill up the maps, leaving those who aren't in that guild mission in the que somewhere.

@archmagus.7249 said:

@SweetPotato.7456 said:No to this idea because Guild Mission exist for the exact reason, to level up your guild, there is no need to promote this in the game anymore than it already is, one guild running on one map and don't care what so ever about anything else dont even want to save a T3 Keep when we have a map blob. while making everyone think they're the greatest guild ever, this just further makes people only play on one map and one time, very bad. NO.

And when a guild does a wvw guild mission, all of the maps are qued because guilds go and fill up the maps, leaving those who aren't in that guild mission in the que somewhere.Yes, a 3 man guild definetly queue all the maps 5 hours before primetime.

@Justine.6351 said:

Join/start a side guild for claims.

Precisely what I find ridiculous. I'd be fine with one keep claim and one camp claim. so you can take your claim around to camps you capture.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Strages.2950 said:Not to mention camps get flipped A LOT. Holding a single camp over 30 mins is almost impossible unless the map is absolutely dead.Well yeah.
Because people dont defend
that's sort of the result.

Honestly, I dont understand what the purpose here is is. Guilds get favor from doing guild missions. So... do them? I guess?

Yeah because I'm gonna have a 30 man zerg just sit by to protect a camp. Right.I dont care about the guild favor, I want a separate claim for camps. So I can take my claim to get 20 supplies from a camp without losing claim on a T3 keep.

Favor is a great idea, just make it 1 favor for initial claim then each tier up would give an additional 5. By the time it is tier 3 all tactics should be in place and the claiming guilds buffs would be locked in. Also an increase in defending rewards would help with the no defense problem. I right now can claim through WAR and SHRB on HoD with SHRB kinda of locked with upgrading due to player inactivity. I try to recruit but with guilds limited to 5 per account many players are tapped and WvWers want a guild with frequent rallies and few bother with missions. Like I said its a good idea if some way to make it work can be found.

@DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:Favor is a great idea, just make it 1 favor for initial claim then each tier up would give an additional 5. By the time it is tier 3 all tactics should be in place and the claiming guilds buffs would be locked in. Also an increase in defending rewards would help with the no defense problem. I right now can claim through WAR and SHRB on HoD with SHRB kinda of locked with upgrading due to player inactivity. I try to recruit but with guilds limited to 5 per account many players are tapped and WvWers want a guild with frequent rallies and few bother with missions. Like I said its a good idea if some way to make it work can be found.

The problem with the defense is that you would get the same defense for defending against that one perma-stealth thieves as you do for a 40 man zerg.

I'd rather see ANet remove the minimum requirement of WvW guild missions, so that those will be done more often by the smaller guilds. Sentry, Dolly and camp requirements of 3 for each individual "event" is the problem. Reduce it to one player, the time limit will still require you to come in with several coordinated players for the medium and hard missions.This will allow way more guilds to earn favour, than the few that can claim a structure on a map.